Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

Winson's GS350 F-sport project

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-12, 01:11 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasili
Sounds good. Wish they weren't as strict here.

A guy that works at a local O'Reilly's autoparts store told me he was ticketed twice for the violation and the third time, the cop forced him to peel off the tints right in the street. A little extreme, but I understand why they want to see who they are pulling over for safty reasons.

A few bad criminals ruin all the fun.
I was able to get a medical exemption card here in Jersey family friend is an optometrist and signed off that i have retinal tears! Funny thing is ive never had to use it on either of my cars. Its honestly a must have for interior comfort and completes the cars look imo. I know a derm can also sign off on the medical exception but not sure how other states work. Even if i wasnt able to get a card i would still pay to play.
Old 08-15-12, 02:13 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBFSPORT
I was able to get a medical exemption card here in Jersey family friend is an optometrist and signed off that i have retinal tears! Funny thing is ive never had to use it on either of my cars. Its honestly a must have for interior comfort and completes the cars look imo. I know a derm can also sign off on the medical exception but not sure how other states work. Even if i wasnt able to get a card i would still pay to play.
I always wanted to do that lol. Try to get an medical excuse so if I get pulled over, then I'd have an excuse to have the dark windows, then I'd go super dark lol. But I don't have any connections where I live with the medical field yet. So can't do it haha.
Old 08-15-12, 02:17 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
You have to take that cover off that the ballast is attached to. Took me a while to figure out how to do that. There is a cable from the ballast connected to the bulb, take that off, then unclip the bulb. So essentially the bulb is hiding behind the ballast.

Not that I'm aware of. I had them in my '11 3GS and pullend them out before trading that one in. I got my 4GS in February and I don't drive at night, so the bulbs have gotten less than 10 minutes of use since February. True story. Once the sun starts setting at 3pm, then I'll get to use them more. They look great though. Ordered them through Nigel when he was doing the group buy last year.

Why would they burn the lens? Color temperature is not the same as thermal temperature.
Well I'm glad u answered their questions jtrue, I tried to order those Phillip bulbs from Nigal when I posted on his thread in the venders section but never got an response, so decided to go to my local audio shop and they ordered me sum but they were regular Phillip bulbs, how would u tell the difference of regular and ultiron? But I still like the regular ones lol. But r the bulb u got brighter then the stocks?
Old 08-15-12, 06:54 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Ultinon bulbs are made in Japan. They are not brighter. The higher the K, the more useless they are. I think anything below 6000k is fine, but that's just my opinion.
Old 08-16-12, 02:36 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Winson6628
Well I'm glad u answered their questions jtrue, I tried to order those Phillip bulbs from Nigal when I posted on his thread in the venders section but never got an response, so decided to go to my local audio shop and they ordered me sum but they were regular Phillip bulbs, how would u tell the difference of regular and ultiron? But I still like the regular ones lol. But r the bulb u got brighter then the stocks?
Really? I probably missed your post. I don't check the post often, pm/email me next time.

I am using Ultinon 6000K Philips bulbs on my own car, and I think they are very bright.
(And philips do not have any 6000K bulbs other than the Ultinon 6000K.)
Old 08-16-12, 09:08 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Really? I probably missed your post. I don't check the post often, pm/email me next time.

I am using Ultinon 6000K Philips bulbs on my own car, and I think they are very bright.
(And philips do not have any 6000K bulbs other than the Ultinon 6000K.)
No big deal Nigel, I will PM u next time I need sumthing or email too. Yea I got them in my car, I like them, gives the GS an better color flicker in the lights, so I don't have to mod the projectors or retrofit. Now waiting for the fogs. :-)
Old 08-23-12, 10:14 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Default Update 8/23/12

Alright, i received my fog lights on Tuesday this week. I got the option 3 from Nigel on the forums here. The package was 485 bucks, 505 bucks total with shipping. The package includes 2 JDM garnish for the fogs, 2 toyota fog light lamps, 1 OEM stalk with foglight on/off switch, and wiring harness. Overall happy with the quality.

Got them installed Wednesday at Roxboro North Carolina, big thanks to Benji at Dreamworks in Roxboro. The install took 5 hours, I dropped the car off there at 9:20 in the morning. Didnt get to leave til 5:30 afternoon, but they only charged me 5 hours worth of labor. Overall spent $900-$1000, so its not cheap to get this done right if u go with the OEM Stalk. Spent $250 labor and $75 for misc parts. $150 for an H11 HID kit its 8000K which I did not want but I got it so I wouldnt have to have them install an HID kit later, so might as well get it. Getting 6000K bulbs put in this saturday at another lock audio shop. So no pictures of them being on yet. Ill get sum this weekend. But for now, heres a few pictures.

Before the install Wednesday morning

Picture of stalk

After the fog lights r installed

I will have pictures of them on this weekend. I didnt get any pictures of them on now because they r too blue cuz of the 8000K HID bulbs, but they r bright at night tho, its amazing. And everything works fine for me, no problems. Thanks again Dreamworks in Roxboro. Enjoy guys.
Old 08-24-12, 10:22 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

good look,,, i also like the fact that they're hidden instead of right on the front of the bumper like the base and lux. model.
Old 08-24-12, 12:14 PM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Looks awesome! I also see that you were parked beside a 3GS, would you happen to have any comparison shots between the 2 cars?
Old 08-24-12, 06:25 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
good look,,, i also like the fact that they're hidden instead of right on the front of the bumper like the base and lux. model.
Yea I like that about these fogs too, they don't stick out a lot, it's perfect how they sit in the bezel covers. Good addition to the f sport for sure!!
Old 08-24-12, 06:28 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by TCKeyz
Looks awesome! I also see that you were parked beside a 3GS, would you happen to have any comparison shots between the 2 cars?
Yes I was, my brother drives the 3GS, he's at school about an hour from me, so next time he comes home, I'll take sum comparison pictures. But from driving his car then later drive mine, there is an difference. Props to Lexus for coming out with this unbelievablely nice 4GS.
Old 08-24-12, 08:11 PM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, looks really good. It really changes the look.
Old 08-24-12, 08:34 PM
Mojo122
Driver

Now I have to find someone in the Greater Boston area who I can trust to do the fog light install!
Old 08-25-12, 12:07 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

looks good! How did they wire the lights to the stalk?
Old 08-25-12, 06:50 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

have to remove the steering wheel from what I heard

Quick Reply: Winson's GS350 F-sport project