Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My SC300 NA-T Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-12, 08:48 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
I understand it's a lot to fix a previous owners hacks, but why are you buying LSD pumpkins when there is about 100hrs of wiring work?

Plus you live close to Aliga he has a gajillion parts sc's in his yard.

Priorities will get it squared away, good job on the A/C so far.
I didn't realize/expect the wiring to be this bad. I did buy my diff already because I found a good deal. There's a difference between money you want to spend and money you don't want to spend. Something like poor wiring is money I don't want to spend. I'm planning on doing an R154 conversion this winter too and that's $2500+ I want to spend.... I don't have patience for fixing stupidity, unfortunately.
Old 09-25-12, 04:45 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Update: Got the car started on Sunday. Changed oil, put new Toyota Red coolant, and TRD thermostat. Car was running well. Monday night (last night)- while cruising at 45mph in 5th gear, car just dies and didn't want to fire back up. Didn't have any tools or anything to check anything with. Called tow truck to bring me home. Not sure what it is, it could be really simple, but I'm pretty much done with this car. Maybe I'm just livid at the previous hack ups, but with the money I spent on the car, I could have supercharged my G and have a more reliable car.

I'll get the car running and putting her up for sale. I'm definitely going to end up selling it at a loss, but hopefully find an owner who has more time and patience than me.

Jeremy
Old 09-25-12, 05:08 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are sure the battery cables are not loose?

I am really sorry to hear what you are going through.
Old 09-25-12, 06:08 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest you will always have a electrical diamond effect if you don't get to the root of your issues.. It's easier to start fresh then to try to better rig someone's hack job.

In your sig I see you want the sc to be a track car?
How about taking out all the unnessaray stuff you got in there and eliminate the f'd up wires at the same time?

But, you want it to be a full car just hit up "aliga" who is a member on the forums and get a quote for the harnesses you need to actually figure out if its money your willing to spend.

Just my .02
Old 09-25-12, 08:05 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Are sure the battery cables are not loose?

I am really sorry to hear what you are going through.
Battery cables are fine. Just cranks and cranks. I will figure it out, probably something stupid.

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
To be honest you will always have a electrical diamond effect if you don't get to the root of your issues.. It's easier to start fresh then to try to better rig someone's hack job.

In your sig I see you want the sc to be a track car?
How about taking out all the unnessaray stuff you got in there and eliminate the f'd up wires at the same time?

But, you want it to be a full car just hit up "aliga" who is a member on the forums and get a quote for the harnesses you need to actually figure out if its money your willing to spend.

Just my .02
Thanks, yeah. I guess the SC is not really my ideal track car... I wanted another higher mileaged Supra actually, but finding a 6 spd in rough condition was still $22K... So that is why I bought it. Thought it was a good deal, and obviously not. I want a track car with AC, and cruise control, etc. I don't want something all out. I need a street car that can double up as a weekend racer. I think the SC fills that role pretty well. At this rate, I think I'm gonna just mod my G35.

Last edited by marshall2j; 09-25-12 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-01-12, 08:38 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow bro. I saw this car for sale a long time ago and it seemed a bit fishy.. didn't think it had THAT much work. If I was you id give it one last attempt. Take a break from the car, and then dedicate a weekend to it. Start with the wiring. Then head to the other cosmetic ****. Gazi lives here and we can get a **** ton of used parts for cheap.
Old 10-02-12, 01:50 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imarshall
wow bro. I saw this car for sale a long time ago and it seemed a bit fishy.. didn't think it had THAT much work. If I was you id give it one last attempt. Take a break from the car, and then dedicate a weekend to it. Start with the wiring. Then head to the other cosmetic ****. Gazi lives here and we can get a **** ton of used parts for cheap.
Yeah, I'm free this weekend... need to address some stuff on my G since coming back from road racing last weekend... then tackling some of this stuff. Wife's telling to just rip it all apart this winter then start fresh... I'm starting to agree with her. haha. I'm definitely in better spirits, loll, but if someone offers me my asking price at the classfieds section, I'll sell it in a heartbeat.
Old 10-02-12, 02:14 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

There you go man! keep it , tear it apart and go from there.

Learn from your mistakes and keep moving.

You have some good parts to build a nice car !
Old 10-02-12, 08:29 PM
IN2LXUAL
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is exactly why I have never and will never buy a car that has been modded. Sorry about all the trouble your having man, id lose my mind.
Old 10-03-12, 03:58 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by IN2LXUAL
this is exactly why I have never and will never buy a car that has been modded. Sorry about all the trouble your having man, id lose my mind.
Sorry it's just *modded cars* it could be a bone stock car as far as i know, if the PO like to halfas$ stuff that's what you get.
And majority of the Op issues are on the radio harness so far, easy to replace! and it's not like when you are buying your car you gonna ask the seller to pull the radio out so you can see if the harness has been hacked up but what it is.
Old 10-03-12, 05:11 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Sorry it's just *modded cars* it could be a bone stock car as far as i know, if the PO like to halfas$ stuff that's what you get.
And majority of the Op issues are on the radio harness so far, easy to replace! and it's not like when you are buying your car you gonna ask the seller to pull the radio out so you can see if the harness has been hacked up but what it is.
I dont think it's just the radio as the car doesn't run right now... It died on me while cruising and wouldn't fire back up, AC doesn't work,... other stuff FTL. Anyways, I hope to get it running again this weekend.
Old 10-12-12, 03:54 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Car is back up and running.... Culprit? Loose ignition wire... wire was wrapped around a post terminal and was loose. It's just so ridiculous how annoying the issues are...

Anyways, how dirty is your brake fluid or clutch reservoir?

Also, I thought my seats were embroidered with the Lexus logo, actually just hot glue... noticed it earlier when the temps got warm...

Working on it some more this weekend...

Good news is, I have been busy planning the winter build
Old 10-12-12, 07:17 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

No disrespect but did you actually look at this car before you bought it? test drive ? check it out during daytime?

this is ridiculous seriously ..

and did you talk to the previous owner every since you bought this car from him?
Old 10-16-12, 12:28 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

No disrespect but did you actually look at this car before you bought it? test drive ? check it out during daytime?

this is ridiculous seriously ..

and did you talk to the previous owner every since you bought this car from him?
Yeah, actually I did. From what I saw, mostly cosmetic since car sat uncovered for months at a time because owner worked overseas. The fluids were a little dirty, but didn't think much of it since it's something I can do on a weekend. I was planning on upgrading a lot of stuff. Also, he had someone remove stuff (dvd player, carputer, etc) right before I bought it due to a misunderstanding, but assured me everything would be removed correctly. It ran fine actually when I saw it, but of course, I couldn't remove every electrical tape or take apart the dash. And, no I have not talked to the owner since finding all these things, but like I said, electrical half *** is what I cannot deal with. It's the only reason I've been left stranded.

Last edited by marshall2j; 10-16-12 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-06-13, 07:13 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Small bump to my thread. I haven't posted in a while, but I've been busy.

Supra Auto TT LSD has been installed. New rear TT brakes set up installed. I've purchased the following and are ready to go

New summer tires- Sumitomo HTR ZIII 245-40-18 and 275-35-18
Oil Cooler set up- Using an Earls with Mocal thermostat
Power steering cooler- Using a large B&M unit
Fluids- MT90, Heavy Shockproof, etc
New Corbeau A4 with bracket for driver's side
Cryo'd Brake Rotors from frozenrotors.com
Hawk HP + pads for the TT brakes set up
97 side skirts.

Will be posting more info and pics soon.... it's been getting very pricey lol and I still need an R154 (maybe next winter), new exhaust, some suspension components (next winter too) etc.

Hopefully get it on the track by July

Last edited by marshall2j; 05-06-13 at 07:21 AM.

Quick Reply: My SC300 NA-T Build