Poorsupra's build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-14, 09:17 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbo manifold bits and pieces

koyo mk4 radiator, alum shroud, radiator hardlines etc

dont worry all paint will be stripped off and final prepped before being coated/wrapped

moved the ac lines, and modified the rear most cyl tube on the headers to clear a 3" dp with .5" to clear in all directions.waiting on a 3"u bend from summit to finish the dp to midpipe section.

my DIY turbo brace, i have a tab on the WG dump tube flange also

a lil i/c fitting, i need to weld them all and fit the bov flange

ran out of daylight before i could flip the intake manny around. well as promised...pics.
Old 02-05-14, 09:20 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U my friend are a wheeler n dealer lol seats are nice what brand are they?
Old 02-05-14, 09:24 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IneednSC
U my friend are a wheeler n dealer lol seats are nice what brand are they?
no name cheap seats. way better then the rotted 100lb stocks. ill replace them for some nicerrrrrr ones after i get my go fast out of the way! i built a "prerunner" bumper for a local guy and he traded them to me, took me 2 hrs and about 20$ of materials. lol

Last edited by poorsupra; 02-05-14 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-10-14, 02:10 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

well flipping the intake manifold wasnt as easy had i had envisioned, lol. but i got it in there. i had to do a fuel rail flip as well due to TB clearance issues. i gotta reroute some vacuum lines, get a longer fuel feed line made, and get a pack of new crush washers for all the banjos.

on another note i got the wrong size U-bend to finish my down pipe in the mail. -_____- so i need to order another, and send this one back. i need to finish up a lot of little things anyway, let the gas fumes air out, haha.

to do list:
weld I/c pipes, dp, full exhaust, bov flange
install gauges-wideband, water temp, oil temp, oil press, BOOST! =]
tap for oil feed/sending units
fit oil drain line
final prep on all tubing, coating, some wrap where needed.
Old 02-13-14, 11:02 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have just asked to copy my setup. Would have been much easier. Good job though...makes me actually want to get my my hands dirty n put the storage full of parts on mine. What clutch did you use? I'm thinking about going 3sgte act street clutch for 505 ft/lb tq
Old 02-14-14, 12:05 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

honestly man i just took what ive heard and seen all over the forums, picked what i like best and tried to make it work.

got all my IC piping done, clamps, bov, and couplers ready to final install. turbo is out, waiting on a drain fitting that fits with in my space constraints. leak tested and now the manifolds are ready for install. i hope my turbo drain works, if not ill address it.

to anyone doing a flipped intake manifold, a few points of interest, pretty much ANY 2 bolt toyota/lexus throttle cable will work, just pick your length at the junkyard(86 celica fits mine). another is the center 2 studs on the lower IM need to be swapped L/R. one side is longer. also, i just flipped my fuel rails and got my stock fittings put on a 34" braided hose, for the fuel feed at a hydraulic hose shop. aside from that the stock IAC valve needed a longer coolant hose(hope this works) not sure why it wouldnt.

i have a stage 3 comp clutch. its rated for like 420ishhhhhhh lol. hope it holds to say the least. im pretty gentle. next set up ima need a 600/tq capable not looking forward to buying that one. ha ha.
Old 02-14-14, 12:44 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, i need a clutch too.
Old 02-14-14, 09:57 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

86 celica throttle cable, little difference on the stop. i cut off the big rubber piece and swapped it over.

turbo brace to block

turbo manifolds all ready to pop in

had to cut the low beam off a spare headlight. ill re-aim my high beams to function as lowbeams. i used to get flashed all the time anyway with my HID low beams on, wont be anny diff with just hi beams, lol. but i have a spare headlight and a HKS mushroom style filter to put on if i need to. i like the idea of the intake being so far from the heat socked bay.

its just an SC , i like cutting her up. muahaha
Old 02-18-14, 10:44 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

little update. got the IM finally on, all vacuum lines routed, throttle cable in, coolant tank mounted, new fuel feed is in.

today plans are to fab the rest of the downpipe, midpipe. hopefully it goes quickly and i can get the whole exhaust done, im excited to install the muffler, haha. gotta pull off the oil filter elbow, drill n tap for feed/gauges. cut and extend my TPS, MAF, and i already extended the IACV. also need to make a bracket for the rrfpr and connect it all up.

halfway thru writing this update i got a delivery from summit! woo! gonna get to work now.
Old 02-18-14, 10:49 AM
Freefallin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow really nice work!
Old 02-25-14, 10:15 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

today i finished my exhaust, vac/boost lines for the bov/WG/fmu. yesterday i tapped for all the oil stuff. temp/psi/feed.

to do list:
wire gauges and fans/build gauge pod
extend secondary o2's
change oil (rotella t6 5w-40/wix filter)
walbro/fuel filter install
bleed brakes
sway bar F/R install, fab endlinks
get the rear balljoints busted loose on the rear control arm to get everything pressed out for the poly bushings.
final install EVERYTHING! 95% of fabrication is done.
Old 03-05-14, 11:55 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

got lots more done. follow me on instagram "poorsupra" or search #sc400turbo and most of my turbo build is on there
Old 03-07-14, 03:09 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

full exhaust is done. pictured from left to right(downpipe,part of the turbo manifold is hiding, then the midpipe, and the muffler section. full 3", all mandrel bends.

downpipe all wrapped

not pulling the turbo out anymore...fab is DONE!

passenger i/c piping

driverside i/c

step colder plugs gapped to .035

finally took the tape off the turbo! one pic before the inlet tube gets installed!

why hello

napa gold(wix) filter, some rotella t6 5w-40, a p/s flush n fill is in order. and not pictured is a bottle of toyota red coolant!

now its a great day in california, i got off work early. and im so close i can taste first start up! so im out to do some work!

to do list:
extend o2's
hose clamp some shiiiz
fluids
TT sway install
new shift boot install
FULL gauge install + gotta make a custom pod
annnnd aside from the PITA rear LCA balljoint inhibiting my REAR poly bushing install thats about it! its been a FAST few months since i started.

one more with t-bolt clamps on the radiator hardlines
Old 03-17-14, 10:58 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

well finishing up some things and the TT supra sway bar is hitting my wastegate dump. not a big deal i can easily modify it. still gotta throw the rear sway mounts/bar on and then fab my custom endlinks.

to do.....gauge install: oil pressure, oil temp, fan controller/water temp unit, boost, wideband, annnnd turbo timer. endlinks. cut front bumper. build air dam for i/c and radiator. change oil/filter. flush p/s. fill radiator(and hope it doesnt leak out of the slightly bent neck/cap) <--shipping mishap. top off r154. battery tiedown

aside from all this^, my car is ready to START!! gotta check for oil/gas leaks. purge oil feed line of debris.
Old 03-28-14, 12:06 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

first start up was tonight on my sc400 turbo. couple issue that i know of, i think i have either a bad walbro, or my fmu is also bad. when i prime my pump i hear hissing out of the fmu, no fuel, just what seems to be air. however i did have to tighten up the diaphram on the begi fmu cuz it was leaking fuel at first. also i have never ran a walbro in a sc, how loud are they? when its priming or running for that matter i can barley hear it. i have a mechanical fuel gauge on the inlet line of the FMU, when i started it it said 2-5 psi....which tells me something is up. im going to wire up my wideband/oil press/oil temp gauges tomorrow to get a better idea of whats going on. i thin one or both might be bad. any insight is greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Poorsupra's build thread