Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

"Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-12, 09:33 AM
RINTHAL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...sighs, now you make me want to get a shine auto kit and do body work on my car... There goes me just track ratting the heck of it with messed up panels :'(
Old 08-09-12, 10:53 AM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Loving this thread good job raine.
Old 08-14-12, 01:15 AM
death666
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the rims i need to get my hands on a set of works
Old 08-14-12, 01:32 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn...i would have bought those parts off you.
Old 08-14-12, 02:02 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
nice car
Thank you sir

Originally Posted by RINTHAL
...sighs, now you make me want to get a shine auto kit and do body work on my car... There goes me just track ratting the heck of it with messed up panels :'(
No one hates pretty... except ugly girls

Originally Posted by N00bie909
Loving this thread good job raine.
Thank you too sir

Originally Posted by death666
love the rims i need to get my hands on a set of works
They're only a credit card away

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
Damn...i would have bought those parts off you.
I posted a for sale add a couple weeks ago, the only reply I got was out-of-state... but then again after talking to ED I got a FULL refund, so yeah

==========

BTW, for those of you looking for Supermade headlamp lenses after seeing this thread:

1. I DO NOT have an extra pair of lenses for sale.
2. I probably CANNOT get you a set of Supermade lenses.

I'm not being stingy or anything - the reality is that the odds are against you.
First of all, Supermade does not manufacture them anymore (from what I understand they stopped sometime around 2008).
Second, the actual odds of finding another set are very low, as it took over 4 years before my source came across another pair.
Thank you for understanding

I added the above to the original post but I copy/pasted it here too since I'm getting PM's daily about it.

Last edited by raine; 08-14-12 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-14-12, 07:56 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering how many pms you got for the super mades.
Old 08-14-12, 08:24 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
I was wondering how many pms you got for the super mades.
14. So far. LOL
Old 08-14-12, 04:32 PM
jetlife
Driver School Candidate

sweet ride bro!! cant get better then that!!!
Old 08-14-12, 08:00 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
14. So far. LOL
Has anyone made offers on yours lol?
Old 08-15-12, 03:41 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Reconfiguration/Ambers

- After waiting for 2 weeks for bulb sockets to come from China (I should have just paid the extra $2 each to get them local instead, the wait wasn't worth the savings) I went ahead with another plan/idea. When I switched from 1995 to 1997 taillights, they updated the look of the car, but at night they still looked the same - red thin light across the top, bottom lights up when I brake. Many SC300 owners like this look (I know KingPhilip does!) but I wanted to change it up. My inspiration was taken from a 4-door sean that isn't available in our country (otherwise I might have had one): the Toyota Chaser JZA90 Mark 2. I liked how the taillights looked, especially at night; now that I think about it, they also look similar to my old S14!

Thin, sleek, and one of the better Japanese RWD sedans.

I removed the taillights from my car and did some rewiring, replacing two of the OEM sockets for dual-filament 7443 sockets. If for some reason you've never looked at your taillights at night (95+ peeps) they look like this when you're driving:

...and like this when you're braking:

After rewiring my taillights now look like this when I'm driving:

Please ignore the blown out colors - even after trying to darken them up in photoshop, the LED bulbs were still too bright to allow the color to show clearly. So anyhoo - I basically flipped the brake lighting around from top to bottom. However, when I hit the brake pedal, they still light up as usual - both top bulbs and bottom bulb. With that out of the way, I also wired up some old school ambers:

Again, ignore the blown out colors - the signals are yellow, the brake lamps are red. The ambers are wired to the same remote system that controls my Knight Rider light, puddle lamps, front city lights (will take pics of these someday), and now the rear ambers =)

The next time I'm out and I remember I'll take some better photos so that the colors are more clear.

(continued on post #182)

Last edited by raine; 08-23-12 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-12, 03:43 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Has anyone made offers on yours lol?
2 people. One kid lowballed and offered $200 shipped LMAO
Old 08-19-12, 02:19 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It's funny how particular you are with the brake lights, 'cause I am too. I wanted to change how it lights up too somehow, instead of the bottom half part lighting up brighter than the top park lights, but wasn't really sure what combo would do it justice. And it had me thinking why would and why do designers and manufacturers do this most of the time. Not just on our SC's, but also on a lot of cars, I'd notice there's a lot of red parts but not the entire thing lights up, sometimes the light would even be cut somewhere in the middle and its not smooth flowing design.

Then I realized, that when they design cars, they only anticipate that the park lights would only be the part lit up majority of the time and the brake lights sole purpose is just to warn people. Basically, the brake lights doesn't really matter in terms of design. As long as it gets the message across then its good enough.

This is why I love the '95 tails better than the other. The '95 tail is not cut at the end like the '97+, and the '92-'94 have the same thing where its cut in the middle by the reverse and the quality is just too outdated for my eyes. The '95 is just smooth flowing compared to the other 2 from end to end, but I really wanna clear out the bottom half so it doesn't look like a Xmas tree when every light is in use, Lol. Although, the '97+ is more modern in terms of design, so I don't really mind it too.

A lot of rewiring and **** done raine.. Lol

Here's how a '95-'96 look like;

edit: I wonder if you can help me fab and decide if putting LED lights at the corner reflector would look good and how would it look good. I've seen Acura TL's with similar sidemarker lights at the rear that gave me the idea. There's also another guy in the 2nd gen IS section who fabbed up LED lights to fit that reflective small thingy at the bottom of the rear bumper under the brake lights.

Last edited by OG Dada; 08-19-12 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-19-12, 02:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
It's funny how particular you are with the brake lights, 'cause I am too. I wanted to change how it lights up too somehow, instead of the bottom half part lighting up brighter than the top park lights, but wasn't really sure what combo would do it justice. And it had me thinking why would and why do designers and manufacturers do this most of the time. Not just on our SC's, but also on a lot of cars, I'd notice there's a lot of red parts but not the entire thing lights up, sometimes the light would even be cut somewhere in the middle and its not smooth flowing design.

Then I realized, that when they design cars, they only anticipate that the park lights would only be the part lit up majority of the time and the brake lights sole purpose is just to warn people. Basically, the brake lights doesn't really matter in terms of design. As long as it gets the message across then its good enough.

This is why I love the '95 tails better than the other. The '95 tail is not cut at the end like the '97+, and the '92-'94 have the same thing where its cut in the middle by the reverse and the quality is just too outdated for my eyes. The '95 is just smooth flowing compared to the other 2 from end to end, but I really wanna clear out the bottom half so it doesn't look like a Xmas tree when every light is in use, Lol. Although, the '97+ is more modern in terms of design, so I don't really mind it too.

Here's how a '95-'96 look like;

edit: I wonder if you can help me fab and decide if putting LED lights at the corner reflector would look good and how would it look good. I've seen Acura TL's with similar sidemarker lights at the rear that gave me the idea. There's also another guy in the 2nd gen IS section who fabbed up LED lights to fit that reflective small thingy at the bottom of the rear bumper under the brake lights.
Man those look good on the black man..
Old 08-19-12, 02:49 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Man those look good on the black man..
Thanks bro!

Or what if, I acquire another '95 tails, and get the red diffuser for the brake lights, and mold it to the shape of the signal lights diffuser, so the entire bottom half would be red, and the quality would be 100x better than just painting it, then rewire everything so the entire bottom part would lit up whenever I brake???

Do you think that'd be overkill of brake lights though?

Here's the guy who did it for the reflector on the 2IS.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...eflectors.html

And his youtube link;

Last edited by OG Dada; 08-19-12 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-19-12, 05:14 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip

You know, at night you don't really see the shape of the taillight, you just see the lights that are on

That's a lot of work just to get some LED's in a rear side/corner marker.

Quick Reply: "Raine's SC300 (KEIRA 2.0) From the Beginning to End."