Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 08:47 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
no its not that. dont say that. i need all the help i can get on this thing. if it turns out that the cam sensor was the only problem. im gonna be relieved. then i can join the 500hp club. stay tuned.
and thanks for helping me out. its the thought that counts man.
Ok since you are on aem, and aem ONLY needs 1 cam sensor so why do you use the other cam sensor wire into the cam sensor #1 and move the pin at the ECU that will fix your problem if the other wire is shorted.
I don't know if you get what i am saying?! basically i want you to run your own wires from the cam sensor to the ecu.
Old 09-13-12, 08:59 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Ok since you are on aem, and aem ONLY needs 1 cam sensor so why do you use the other cam sensor wire into the cam sensor #1 and move the pin at the ECU that will fix your problem if the other wire is shorted.
I don't know if you get what i am saying?! basically i want you to run your own wires from the cam sensor to the ecu.
Didn't think of that. But now I am 120 miles from my car. I will tell the guy at the shop to try that.

It was 930 at night. I didn't have a lot of time by then. Hopefully they figure it out.
Old 09-13-12, 09:21 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Ok yes if it's a wiring issue in the cam sensor wiring that will fix your problem!

gl
Old 09-17-12, 10:58 PM
juan3023
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you fix your issue man great build thread
Old 09-18-12, 07:54 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

well i had a shop in Miami (Machines Gone Wild) look at my car and they found that the 7mgte injector resistor is causing the signal from the cam sensor to be weak. i need to remove it and put in a 2jz-gte injector resistor... that or switch to High Impedence injectors.

also i am going to have to have a sub harness made and switch the injection from Batch fire to Sequential. thats the only way the tuner is going to tune the car. and this guy Lance is fkn good at tuning so im gonna go with what he wants done.

he just tuned a supra today. just has a standard 1jz swap, honda AEM v2 box, with sequential injection setup. stock 370cc injectors, and a turbo. i think its a 67mm. it put down 400hp which is a bit impressive to me.

i have spoken to Aaron at Driftmotiona bout the problem and he even concurred about the issue with the 7m resistor. and the mere fact that we are tuning on falling edge crank trigger makes matters worse.

Aaron configured the setup to work on rising edge. he put a lot of work into this setup. but i have to go with the tuners requests. so after these modifications to the harness. i can finally make some headway and make some horsepower.

so i can only imagine what he'll pump out of mine. i'll post pics once i get the moola to buy a 2jz resistor. unless i can find one on here for an amazing deal.

then i can get to other upgrades. like lextech cluster needle fix, climate control fix, coilovers, and wiring up my fogs with a 95 combo switch with built in foglight switch...

Last edited by DoomLight; 09-18-12 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-18-12, 10:56 PM
thm8d
Pole Position

Damn, amazing build thread. I literally just went through all 17 pages. I cant wait to see how much HP/TQ this setup makes, as I plan to do something very similiar
Old 09-19-12, 12:00 AM
SCabral400
Driver School Candidate

Amazing build great job man! good luck in the future.
Old 09-19-12, 05:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

when you speak if sequential this is how the tuner at Zen Motors asked me about. He ended up changing this on my 1JZ. He stated it was old school method and that he had very good luck with it in the past. You know that the car ended up being tuned somewhere else, Batlground Motorsports. I honestly don't know if it was changed back or left in this method. You know what my car made supposedly in this mode. Good luck with your tuning and keep us posted.
Old 09-19-12, 07:42 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
when you speak if sequential this is how the tuner at Zen Motors asked me about. He ended up changing this on my 1JZ. He stated it was old school method and that he had very good luck with it in the past. You know that the car ended up being tuned somewhere else, Batlground Motorsports. I honestly don't know if it was changed back or left in this method. You know what my car made supposedly in this mode. Good luck with your tuning and keep us posted.
Interesting that you say that. The only real way to know is to look at your engine harness by the injectors. If you see what looks like new wires going to the injector plugs. I would assume they rewired them from batch injection to sequential.

Just a theory tho. I wish I could see your car more closely.
Old 09-24-12, 04:53 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Someone explain to me how a resistor wired into the power feed of an injector is going to interfere with an isolated timing circuit. That sounds like bs.

Also, I'm certain 400whp isn't exactly safe on 380cc stock injectors. Sounds Luke he doesn't care about blowing **** up. I had stock injectors when I threw my single setup together and it wanted to creep lean fast anywhere over 10psi on a mid sized turbo (around 60mm) under any decent load. A 67mm would do that even quicker and run out of injector even quicker.

The cam sensor wires being transposed should have fixed the signal problem. The fact that there was one mistake in the jumper harness already means it needs to be completely looked over. And not being able to verify signal from the other cam sensor backs that up. Unless your wiring is bad pre jumper. I was certain at first it was the aem. It was partially something aarons people did which is a bs mistake and should have never made it out the door. But now it seems like the people you're going to are just compounding your problems with other stuff.

Last edited by Vrank; 09-24-12 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-24-12, 05:48 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Originally Posted by Vrank
Someone explain to me how a resistor wired into the power feed of an injector is going to interfere with an isolated timing circuit. That sounds like bs.

Also, I'm certain 400whp isn't exactly safe on 380cc stock injectors. Sounds Luke he doesn't care about blowing **** up. I had stock injectors when I threw my single setup together and it wanted to creep lean fast anywhere over 10psi on a mid sized turbo (around 60mm) under any decent load. A 67mm would do that even quicker and run out of injector even quicker.

The cam sensor wires being transposed should have fixed the signal problem. The fact that there was one mistake in the jumper harness already means it needs to be completely looked over. And not being able to verify signal from the other cam sensor backs that up. Unless your wiring is bad pre jumper. I was certain at first it was the aem. It was partially something aarons people did which is a bs mistake and should have never made it out the door. But now it seems like the people you're going to are just compounding your problems with other stuff.
^^^^This
Old 09-24-12, 06:31 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vrank

you can call up Aaron at driftmotion. he says the same thing. the 7m resistor causes issues with the aem. i am only telling you what he told me.

and yes im aware of it. but he did make 400hp with that car. now whether he kept it at 400hp is the question. he might of tuned it down to 350 or so. i didnt ask all of that.

lol relax people. its not like its your car that is making more horsepower on tiny injectors and will blow up. im only worried about mines
Old 09-24-12, 07:12 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Dude that crap doesn't make any sense "the 7m resistor causes issues with the aem" resistor box is resistor box, so how do you know the tt one will work?
Resistor box is resitor box, i used honda civic and acura legend resistor box on my SC with AEM EMS.

gl with the car!
Old 09-24-12, 07:41 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Dude that crap doesn't make any sense "the 7m resistor causes issues with the aem" resistor box is resistor box, so how do you know the tt one will work?
Resistor box is resitor box, i used honda civic and acura legend resistor box on my SC with AEM EMS.

gl with the car!
many people told me i could use a Acura legend resistor. but the 7m batch fire type for some reason doesnt work man.

i can't remember all the exact reasons why. aaron just said it wouldnt work right.
Old 09-24-12, 08:19 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Ok so my next question is how do you want to run you injectors? btach or sequential ? i remember you said your tuner wants them to sequential?!

If so just get on from an Acura Legend $10 and just cut the pigtail all the way back so you can just plug it in you harness once you rewire the pigtail.

Wiring harness i would go through it again just to make sure everything is on point.

Quick Reply: DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread