Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

****Official Twoloose Build Thread****

Old 05-02-12, 12:25 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep in mind you will need the Supra TT throttle cable. I have two new in bag if you need it. I keep a few on hand as extras just incase I need to do a quick GTE swap.

Looks like it's going to be a fun project!
Old 05-02-12, 02:01 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twoloose
Puff I don't really know what to say, I heard things after I bought the car from people that know the car and you in NY, and they weren't good. As far as the car running good for 4 months, I bought the car 1/6, on 1/9 I had to replace the front brakes and rotors, on 1/10 the boost issue started happening where you couldn't even run the car through the gears, on 1/26 we found out that the 2 rear cylinders only had 90 comp.(still having the boost issue then). Early march is when we figured out the boost issue. No hard driving between when I bought the car and when we found the compression issue, it wasn't possible because of the boost issue...Also remember the car was trailered home, not even driven...
I would love to know who these people are and what they said. I an well known in NY maybe more for my Evo I had but anyone who had seen my Lexus in person or knew about the car has nothing but nice things to say about me or my projects. You want to complain that you bought a used car that needed brakes? Are you serious? When I was only given a week to get the car ready for you and find another car to drive? And anyone in the turbo world know if you have a "boost" issue you don't hook up a laptop and try to fix it yourself. That's what certified tuners are for. BTW how much did it cost you to fix your "boost" issue? Again maybe next to nothing just like the turbo oil leak. Remember this is the same same person who told you there was a scratch on the rear bumper and when I showed it to you, you still couldn't see it and I made acomodations to have the suspension adjusted for you at NO COST TO YOU. My mechanic told you himself he would never adjust my suspension again but I made sure he did it for you. You think that was free? That's the honest and true person that I am. I'll be damned if you come on these forums trying to give me a bad name buddy.

Last edited by puff; 05-02-12 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-02-12, 05:59 PM
twoloose
Driver

Originally Posted by puff
I would love to know who these people are and what they said. I an well known in NY maybe more for my Evo I had but anyone who had seen my Lexus in person or knew about the car has nothing but nice things to say about me or my projects. You want to complain that you bought a used car that needed brakes? Are you serious? When I was only given a week to get the car ready for you and find another car to drive? And anyone in the turbo world know if you have a "boost" issue you don't hook up a laptop and try to fix it yourself. That's what certified tuners are for. BTW how much did it cost you to fix your "boost" issue? Again maybe next to nothing just like the turbo oil leak. Remember this is the same same person who told you there was a scratch on the rear bumper and when I showed it to you, you still couldn't see it and I made acomodations to have the suspension adjusted for you at NO COST TO YOU. My mechanic told you himself he would never adjust my suspension again but I made sure he did it for you. You think that was free? That's the honest and true person that I am. I'll be damned if you come on these forums trying to give me a bad name buddy.
Puff I'm not going to argue with you in my build thread. I'm not going to put people out there, they were nice enough to inform me. As far as fixing the car, I've never tried to fix it myself, I took the car to a true builder, Freed Engineering. Many people on here can vouch for how good they are. Getting the car fixed to where you could drive it everyday was not even close to cheap. Also no I was not complaining about the brakes being bad, I was stating the dates things started going wrong, and things started very close to the purchase date. Their is nothing for you to dispute, the facts speak for themselves.

The bottom line is, your right its not your fault. Its mine for not compression checking the car...It doesn't matter cause the car is being done right, by a great builder and will be an awesome car when done...I wish you the best of luck in your future builds.

Last edited by twoloose; 05-02-12 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-02-12, 06:01 PM
twoloose
Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Keep in mind you will need the Supra TT throttle cable. I have two new in bag if you need it. I keep a few on hand as extras just incase I need to do a quick GTE swap.

Looks like it's going to be a fun project!
Just ordered it from toyota today. Trying to get all the little things in order so there will be no suprises. Hope to have the motor in and tuned before june, looking to put 400-430whp down.
Old 05-03-12, 12:55 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Just ordered it from toyota today. Trying to get all the little things in order so there will be no suprises. Hope to have the motor in and tuned before june, looking to put 400-430whp down.
Good stuff twoloose hit me up when you need parts.
Old 05-03-12, 01:04 PM
twoloose
Driver

Originally Posted by japspec
Good stuff twoloose hit me up when you need parts.
Thanks bro, I'm looking for a patch harness right now, looking for stock to stock. I guess it would be like and extender or something..
Old 05-03-12, 07:59 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks bro, I'm looking for a patch harness right now, looking for stock to stock. I guess it would be like and extender or something..
You mean just the ecu extension? You can get the Boomslang, Fields, or ASW straight-thu jumpers pretty cheap and they are typically 8" or 12" long but can be ordered customs lengths as well.
Old 05-03-12, 08:25 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i want the supra wheels... good luck on the build
Old 05-04-12, 08:27 AM
twoloose
Driver

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
You mean just the ecu extension? You can get the Boomslang, Fields, or ASW straight-thu jumpers pretty cheap and they are typically 8" or 12" long but can be ordered customs lengths as well.
Yes that's what I need. That's bro, going to look now, just need an extension so we can wire the piggy back and not chop up the factory harness. Thanks
Old 05-04-12, 08:29 AM
twoloose
Driver

Got the manifold installed installed last night.

Old 05-04-12, 09:09 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice project! The inside of that motor looks much cleaner than the typical JDM stuff you see. Good luck sir, it looks like you are on track for a really nice build. I have one n00b question about the swap...You mentioned possibly using the stock GE ecu with a piggyback. Will the GE ecu control the GTE tranny?
Old 05-04-12, 01:02 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
The inside of that motor looks much cleaner than the typical JDM stuff you see.
That's one benefit to the VVTI is that your guaranteed that the motor is a 1997 or newer, where as the non-VVTI version is guaranteed to be older than 1997.
Old 05-05-12, 12:53 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

I got that didnt know if i was gonna sell it because it has the hks speed cut and boost cut with it kinda wanted to sell them all together.
Old 05-05-12, 04:10 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far so good sorry for your misfortune but atleast u know what u are getting now good luck with the build.
Old 05-05-12, 04:36 PM
SSxblazer
Pole Position

Not to threadjack or derail.

I can see it from both sides from puff and yourself. I sold my procharged pontiac g8 gt for a jeep srt8. The new owner of the g8 sold it to a guy......guy messaged me on g8board.com and said it was tuned to 25 deg of timing.....and ran like dogballs. On my shops mustang dyno it made 460hp 480tq. On his dyno it was 410 and 390tq lol......someone jacked some sheet up.

My tuner showed me my tune to prove he did 15 deg of timing.....and said only a moron would ever get over 20 in this case.

On the flip side.....this means check your cars before buying them, because modded cars can be more of a nightmare than non modded......its scary because you never know who did what and when.

Awesome build though twoloose. I want to do the same......but 500/500 hp/tq range.....on e85.

I cannot wait to start mine, and we are looking at the same time frame!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****Official Twoloose Build Thread****