Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Teal Mist 5 Speed Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 05:32 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went out tonight and I got a new fuel filter. I will possibly put it in tomorrow if I get a chance. I'm going to call some junkyards in the morning and see if there is any local SC300's I don't know if I will have time to go see them, but maybe I will....

Old 04-13-12, 07:51 PM
RVamiri
Driver School Candidate

Yeah man, NGKs are solid plugs. I used them when I replaced mine. Does your engine leak any oil? If it does, I highly recommend at least replacing ur dist o-ring since ur doing the cap and rotor. Replace the valve cover gaskets if you can--prevents oil leaking into ur alternator. Just basic preventative maintenance will take ur SC a long way.
Old 04-13-12, 10:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I also was wondering why my fog light wasn't working so I took out the shroud that covers around it and found out that the cable that completes the circuit was connected. So another problem fixed. But I did find this box....
Yes you have HID's. You'll have to inspect the bulb to know which version you have, but those bulbs cannot be touched by your hands, and if they are working....... leave them alone.
Old 04-14-12, 04:34 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Yes you have HID's. You'll have to inspect the bulb to know which version you have, but those bulbs cannot be touched by your hands, and if they are working....... leave them alone.

Okay, well once I get new headlights, I will have to take them out anyways. I will most likely order white light bulbs instead of the blue since I think it looks kind of stupid, and they don't seem to be that good at night anyways.

Originally Posted by RVamiri
Yeah man, NGKs are solid plugs. I used them when I replaced mine. Does your engine leak any oil? If it does, I highly recommend at least replacing ur dist o-ring since ur doing the cap and rotor. Replace the valve cover gaskets if you can--prevents oil leaking into ur alternator. Just basic preventative maintenance will take ur SC a long way.
I left the sc in the garage on night just to see if it leaks at all and there was nothing on the floor in the morning. I might as well change the o-ring and the gaskets though. Both of those tasks seem very simple so I will put them on my list of things to get done soon.
Old 04-14-12, 07:44 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Well I'm currently working on replacing the fuel filter, and it doesn't look so good. I can't seem to break loose the connections between the fuel lines and fuel filter on both ends of the filter because of rust So if anyone could get back to me about possibly where to buy stock fuel lines or should I upgrade just that section? And what size fuel line if I upgraded? Thanks!
Old 04-14-12, 08:31 AM
food7373
Pole Position

I called about 15 junk yards that were local to see if there were any SC300's but no luck, I guess I will have to rig up something tonight, most likely following this article...

http://www.vegasdrift.com/forum/inde...ic=4178.0;wap2
Old 04-14-12, 09:24 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope you are searching this topic? Be careful and drain as much gas before preforming this task.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ay-danger.html
Old 04-14-12, 09:53 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Teal Sc400
I hope you are searching this topic? Be careful and drain as much gas before preforming this task.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ay-danger.html
Yeah I did my research. Took off gas cap as well as stalled the car by taking out the fuel pump connector, so I should be good to go! I guess I'm going to run out and get some high pressure hose and clamps, as well as a 300zx tt fuel filter after work then. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 04-14-12, 06:18 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well I decided to go with the right procedure to fix this problem, flanging the fuel lines. I'm going to cut off where the flange bolts are on both sides so i have two ends of fuel hardline, and use a flange kit to fix them. I will post pics of the process when I do it, probably tomorrow night. Also, in case anyone else has the problem, the flange bolts are 8mm fuel line or 5/16 and M14x1.5 for the threads into the fuel filter.
Old 04-15-12, 09:22 AM
2jzthis
Driver School Candidate

Great platform for a nice build.
Old 04-15-12, 08:00 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2jzthis
Great platform for a nice build.
Thank you! I agree as well
Old 04-15-12, 08:04 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well tonight I was able to put in the new fuel filter. Tomorrow I will write up a small DIY in this thread on how to do this as well for fixing old rusty ones and replacing the fittings. The only thing that went wrong was that the flange nuts need to have a little bit longer threads, but the ones I used fit to almost exact size, and because of that, they needed to be tightened down to the max to make a perfect seal with no leaks. Pics and DIY tomorrow because here on the east coast, it is late and I am tired.
Old 04-15-12, 08:10 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^Ooh, I'd like to see that... I'm gonna be changing my fuel filter in the next couple months... Were you able to fix the fuel door?
Old 04-15-12, 08:34 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
^^^Ooh, I'd like to see that... I'm gonna be changing my fuel filter in the next couple months... Were you able to fix the fuel door?
The door actually turned out to be the spring. I guess the door previously broke and the owner just glued it back on. I will get another door with a spring sometime and have it painted. For now, I just used a dremel to cut out the small piece of plastic that is what holds the door closed where the metal rod/piece is that opens it up.
Old 04-16-12, 12:46 AM
SCupra3
Driver School Candidate

hey i just got my 92" sc3 a few days ago, it is in showroom quality, but i cant get my casset player to recognize my casset to ipod adapter, how did you fix your?? im tired of the radio i need real music!!!! and your looks like a nice sc3! im jealous of the 5 speed, mine is an auto

Quick Reply: Teal Mist 5 Speed Project