Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by OhHiChris
Looks good man!
Originally Posted by STLSC300
Looks Great Mane!!! Keep it up!
Originally Posted by JPKeiichi
clean and simple, daily driven machine! thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by XORiGiNaLX
Awesome man, I enjoyed looking through this thread. Nice Job!
Thank you guys for all the positive response and glad y'all enjoyed it! I really appreciate that!

Originally Posted by LameSC300
So sick everything is on point and awesome documentation of the progress. I can't wait to see what else you do with this

Also thanks for all the suspension help.
Thanks man! You're one of the guys who's asking for pics at another thread, that's why I got busy and made me Blue Flame a build thread, lol. No problem bro, I help when I can, just like the old timers who helped me out.

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Awesome!

Also, I have never heard of anyone referring the the car as "Him", it's usually a "Her" or "She"!
Thanks man! I edited my last post, 'cause I forgot to explain why I address it as HIM...

Originally Posted by trufanatic
amazing job on those head lights
It took me sometime to perfect it, actually I just did it a couple of weeks back. I clear coated it because wax and sealant wasn't enough to protect it... I'm still planning on buying brand new headlights when I can and get it some kind of protection film so it'll look way better... Besides, who doesn't like a good set of headlights.

Originally Posted by Tabaka
I really enjoy threads like this. It sounds like you have a real passion for your SC. Keep up the good work.
Thanks bro... It had so much problems that came with it when I got it, so at least I can do is be passionate about fixing it up so I wouldn't hate on it so much whenever I'd curse it when something goes wrong...

Originally Posted by Kira X
I love threads like this. Your SC looks great!
Thanks Kira X... Still not sure though if you're a guy or a girl... LOL

Originally Posted by DKJZZ30
car looks great man, its come a long way. keep up the good work
Yeah, it has come a looooooooooong waaaaaaaayyy.... I couldn't agree more with that. Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by Luxor
wow some nice stuff you have there! You take very good care of your SC.
This car is practically my 2nd child. My daughter was actually asking me if I love my SC more than her a few days ago, real talk. Even my in-laws were asking if I caress my SC more than my wife.LOL

Anyways, some great stuff that's already laying around, just trying to find reasons and time to install them...

I bought these 2nd Gen LS brakes a long time ago for cheap at a local junk yard, and it came with almost new brake pads and seals.

Then got them polished, courtesy of 619rider;

My stock brake pads are still around 75-80% thick, so not in a hurry to install these as of the moment...

And I hated the dildomatic so much that I had to get me one of these...

I'm just waiting for a good used OEM Lexus all woodgrain shift **** and I'm installing this sucker in no time!

The best things that really made a HUGE difference in fixing my SC, which I also strongly recommend was the bushings, mounts and fluid flushes. Swapping out the old rubber OEM bushings to polyurethane all around was the only thing that got rid of that loud clunking sound whenever I'd shift to either Reverse or Drive on a cold start. Changing the tranny and motor mount completely got rid of rattling sounds and excessive engine vibrations. Fluid flushes would be the most basic of all, but since my SC was parked or in the impound lot for 3 years, everything was just so dirty and filthy. Doing a complete flush on everything just brought back a lot of lost power I wasn't feeling when I got my SC the first time.

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-10-12 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-10-12, 10:35 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks very very clean man nice job
Old 04-10-12, 08:11 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kez
Car looks very very clean man nice job
Thanks bro, I try, so hard... LOL
Old 04-10-12, 08:29 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Awesome!

Also, I have never heard of anyone referring the the car as "Him", it's usually a "Her" or "She"!
LOL! Yea I cringed a little every time you called it 'blue streak' or whatever. Thought only chicks gave their cars names..

The car itself looks good though. Really impressed with the documentation and work you've put into it
Old 04-10-12, 08:33 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
LOL! Yea I cringed a little every time you called it 'blue streak' or whatever. Thought only chicks gave their cars names..

The car itself looks good though. Really impressed with the documentation and work you've put into it
LOL! I was really expecting some reaction over me naming my SC... But yeah, girls do name their cars, 'cause it was my daughter who thought of the name and the name kinda got stuck! They start young I tell you... Thanks!

I'm really glad people appreciate my documentation of everything... I figured, people always make build threads of boosting their SC's, why how about just reconditioning it and restoring it to good condition since these cars are nearly 20 years of age, plus the fact that there are already a lot of people encountering aging problems with these cars...

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-10-12 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 09:18 PM
619Rider
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hit me up any time you need some more work to be done......my sc it is not even close to your lol... but where did you get the tek wheels from?
Old 04-10-12, 10:25 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 619Rider
Hit me up any time you need some more work to be done......my sc it is not even close to your lol... but where did you get the tek wheels from?
I wanna get some engine parts polished, but I wanna concentrate on my interior this year... You can call MRR wheels directly and they can give you the nearest dealer available in your area, I had to drive to Baldwin Park when I got them a month ago, then a week ago the tire shop I always go to had them in stock... These wheels are that new to MRR...

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-11-12 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 11:37 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

new setup looks much nicer, like your color too
Old 04-11-12, 12:27 AM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh isht, i've met you, at kevin's house, i randomly did your hood latch relocation. finally i put a face to the handle name
Old 04-11-12, 09:34 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2BENVD
new setup looks much nicer, like your color too
Why thank you! I appreciate that!

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
oh isht, i've met you, at kevin's house, i randomly did your hood latch relocation. finally i put a face to the handle name
That was you?! And I thought ArodDaLob live around Irvine or LA area... LOL I guess I must include you to my thank you list then! You did a great job btw!
Old 04-11-12, 10:21 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading up on the journey you've made with your SC thus far.

Your detailing skills definitely did the M.I.P. justice, the paint looks worlds better than when you first got it!
Old 04-11-12, 12:57 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great work dude! The new wheels and stance are killer! Keep it up!
Old 04-11-12, 03:31 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can give some details as to what the ride is like on the MAX coilovers?
Old 04-11-12, 03:45 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

holy crap, those coilovers get low, jealous
Old 04-11-12, 03:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

coming along nicely!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KingPhilipII's Blue Flame