Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 10-13-16, 12:02 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

That SC looks so naked with everything removed in front, Gerry. It's just bones The engine looks good!

And did I understand your last post correctly that you might have found another '97 SC300 5-speed???
Old 10-13-16, 05:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
That SC looks so naked with everything removed in front, Gerry. It's just bones The engine looks good!

And did I understand your last post correctly that you might have found another '97 SC300 5-speed???
hahaha... when I tear apart an SC , nothing is left . You have seen the parts I had around in that place where you went. You haven't even seen my backyard in that place which is littered with SC parts that is why my wife gets aggravated every time she is there. I will have to start throwing things that probably I won't ever need . Something new I learned in tearing apart the 2000 SC300 , it has a returnless fuel system which won't work well in my opinion on a boosted car. You want to be able to control your fuel pressure with a fuel regulator.

You understood it right . A 1997 SC300 5speed is waiting for me . It is not running but that is the easy part. You know I have 8 SCs in that place now and I need to get the 3 parted cars out of that place before I can even think of bringing another one there. My neighbors there have been so kind to me closing their eyes having 12 vehicles there now and I don't want to abuse that kindness so need to get some out first.
Old 10-14-16, 06:13 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i packed my life away and moved. i'm never moving back!!! haha yeah it's expensive, but it's worth it. i honestly grew out of cars... i don't have interest in them anymore. now i just want to travel the world, since i've been all over the US now. currently hoping that delta will hire me so i can fly for cheap. flying for free, domestically, so i can still visit duluth during my free time.
Old 10-14-16, 07:29 PM
Lm546
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Very impressive builds!!
Old 10-18-16, 11:48 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerry, I have three SC300's one completely done and the other two in different states of build but I keep them looking as legit as possible in my driveway so no one messes with me. I cannot fathom what your property looks like with all those cars. But I'm impressed you have the funds and time to do all of this work.
Old 10-19-16, 10:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i packed my life away and moved. i'm never moving back!!! haha yeah it's expensive, but it's worth it. i honestly grew out of cars... i don't have interest in them anymore. now i just want to travel the world, since i've been all over the US now. currently hoping that delta will hire me so i can fly for cheap. flying for free, domestically, so i can still visit duluth during my free time.
Well , you are still a young kid so enjoy your life . It is too short to waste . Good Luck !

Originally Posted by Lm546
Very impressive builds!!
Thank you sir .

Originally Posted by Reyke
Gerry, I have three SC300's one completely done and the other two in different states of build but I keep them looking as legit as possible in my driveway so no one messes with me. I cannot fathom what your property looks like with all those cars. But I'm impressed you have the funds and time to do all of this work.
Well, all the 4 2JZGTE SCs and 4 SUVs/car I have on the drive way in that place are all running vehicles , so I have no problem with those. The only one not yet running is the NA-T side project which I am currently working on. Soon it will since I have everything I need to get it running. All the 3 SC parts cars are in the back yard where I can actually fit 20 at least so got no problem there. It is just that when you have so many cars of the same kind , it can look like a chop chop place or a dealership place , lol.

We all know how expensive to build and maintain performance cars . And all my toys are in that category . Looks are secondary to me though one day they will really look good too. I try to be smart in building my toys. For the 4 6speed MKIVs , they were all bought, getting something better every time I bought one. I had 9 MKIVs in the past 8 years and every one I sold I made some money so basically two of them are free at this point in time. I had them when prices where not yet that crazy years back. At this point , I will be making a pretty penny once I start unloading those MKIVs since their prices now have basically doubled . So , I don't worry about those.

It is with the SCs that I tried to be smart in building them since they are not worth a lot once you unload or sell them. I take my time on them. Only when I get free parts that I work on a car. Like for the NA-T side project , basically everything is free since I already got back my money on the 3 SC parts cars by selling locally what I don't need from them. From those cars , I got 3 low mileage 2jzge engines , got two of my SC's immaculate interior and have everything to build an NA-T and others , all for free. That is why I decided to have a side NA-T project , after all I have everything for free just sitting around. Even with my other 4 2jzgte cars , whenever in the past I see a lot of parts from someone who doesn't continue a project ,I buy the whole lot of parts , get what I need and sell what I don't need. So I ended up with 4 2jzgte SC cars basically free or with very minimal expense. I don't pay for store prices parts ... heck , no way I can with so many toys, now at 9 2JZ toys ! That is the thing with many who are building their performance cars. They are in a hurry to finish a project so are forced to buy parts at store prices. Just got to be smart .... search search search ! Also , doing all the work helps a lot save me tons of money. Avoid people in this industry who are fake friends in which all they care is making money , pretending that they want to help, just because you got the money. Seen a lot of them in the past years I was into performance cars. You will see real friends when they are not benefiting from you.

With regards time , I have all the time . Been retired since I was 50 years old which was 3 years ago. My toys are what keep me busy . I can't watch movies all day long ... so I need to have something to keep me busy whenever we are not traveling . Since my youngest graduated from the University , I was done with all my obligations to my kids so time for daddy to play ... for which I wasn't able to do when they were all growing up and were in school . My priorities then was be able to send them to the University for which I paid every expense up to the time they finished their Bachelor Degrees. That was the best I thought I can do for my kids , they have a bachelor's degree without any student loan. So I worked hard for that objective. Just like I promised myself when I was 20 years old , once I am 50 years old, I would have gotten all my kids through with their university degrees , will retire and enjoy life .......just living what I worked hard for . Life is short so got to enjoy while still strong. I am not rich by any means .. just being smart many times

Last edited by gerrb; 10-19-16 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-20-16, 07:25 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

I had heard about late model SC's having return-less fuel systems. Do we know if this also applies to 1998 and 1999 SC300's and SC400's? To change this, I assume, would require swapping an entire gas tank and fuel line setup from a 1992-1997 SC, correct?

I know you will leave nothing on those SC shells, Gerry You ought to have enough spare cosmetic parts to keep all of your SC's happy now. I think maybe saving a rear windscreen in storage is also a good idea since those tend to be expensive to replace (OEM only AFAIK).

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this '97 5-speed.
Old 10-21-16, 06:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had heard about late model SC's having return-less fuel systems. Do we know if this also applies to 1998 and 1999 SC300's and SC400's? To change this, I assume, would require swapping an entire gas tank and fuel line setup from a 1992-1997 SC, correct?
All VVTi SCs I would assume will have return-less fuel systems IF they all have the same fuel rail where there is no external fuel regulator. On my swap , I will do a hybrid , use vvti tank and convert it with a return line and external fuel regulator . I need a fuel regulator into the system where I can control pressure based on boost. The tank has more openings on top which I can use . It has the charcoal canister at the rear which helps remove gas smell so I will keep that. It has a fuel pressure sensor and overfill inlet valve on top of the tank.

The gas tank though is interesting to say the least . It only has one line at the bottom which is the supply line. Just to give you an idea here are the pre vvti and vvti gas tanks.

Name:  20161021_080246_zpsdpdfwaym.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  332.7 KB

Name:  20161021_080259_zpsgjbdro5z.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  331.3 KB

Name:  20161021_080314_zpsnby65zkr.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  375.0 KB

Name:  20161021_080334_zpskjjezxlh.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  313.5 KB

I know you will leave nothing on those SC shells, Gerry You ought to have enough spare cosmetic parts to keep all of your SC's happy now. I think maybe saving a rear windscreen in storage is also a good idea since those tend to be expensive to replace (OEM only AFAIK).

Parts ... dang .... I have parts laying around every where now. Need to throw stuff which I won't need cause some of them I have 3 or 4 or 5 of them. I have wires laying around every where my back yard.

Well , you know I accidentally broke one of my SC's rear windscreen. Got that done using one from the part's SC rear windshield. And of course I have another extra that can come handy in the future .

Name:  20161021_081248_zps9hkn3yym.jpg
Views: 1284
Size:  491.6 KB

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this '97 5-speed.
Once I pick up the other 97 5speed , I will take pictures and post them. Till I have it in my hands , I will keep my fingers crossed that the owner won't change his mind.

Got the parts SC as free scrap metal on craigslist and someone picked them up. I already got two of them out. So soon I have non running cars gone out of my place. Look , nothing is left on a car when I tear them apart !

Name:  20161019_162039_zpstw6roz6a.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  465.8 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 10-21-16 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-23-16, 07:08 AM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

when you did the cutting on the front end what did you use? (plasma cutter)
Old 10-23-16, 07:10 AM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb

in this photo
Old 10-24-16, 10:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKGT
when you did the cutting on the front end what did you use? (plasma cutter)
no sir... just an ordinary sawzall.

I just wanted an extra SC front clip / face which can come handy in the future if I am in an accident in one of the SCs.
Old 10-25-16, 10:16 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

That is one interesting looking gas tank for sure, is the black plastic thing on the top the charcoal canister?
Old 10-26-16, 07:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
That is one interesting looking gas tank for sure, is the black plastic thing on the top the charcoal canister?
Yes , the square block box on top of the fuel tank is the charcoal canister .

I have just finished changing the black interior of one of my cars into same black interior but like new one . If anyone interested with the stuff I just took out and will pickup , I will give you a good deal since I don't need these . These are good black interior pieces . I just couldn't pass up the car that was sold to me and had like new black interior.

Name:  20161009_161733_zpshcogqjd3.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  332.0 KB

Name:  20161009_161749_zps9jokxsql.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  328.8 KB

Name:  20161009_161802_zpsafphi4y3.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  331.2 KB

Name:  20161009_161741_zpsik0g4dt6.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  340.3 KB
Old 10-28-16, 04:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Do it Gerry!! throw that 2000 vvti head on an older GE block and see what the 10.5:1+ compression can do on the corn
Buddy , this is all your fault now , having enticed me to build an NA-T and me often times seeing your NA-T threads ... is giving me a headache, lol , I love the challenge though. I am wondering whether I will be happy with stock internals NA-T . I know I have 3 , basically free , low mileage , great condition 2JZGE engines I can use and get into the 700rwhp with stock GE internals so I don't have to spend much.... easily replace one when one goes bad. But I can't seem to wrap my head around the idea of another toy that will actually have the lowest HP among my toys eventually. If I will have an NA-T , what is bothering me is why not let it get into the +1000rwhp. Get billet mains , rods and pistons then I can push it up there. It will be my only NA-T so might as well go big or go home !

I know someone made 900rwhp on stock GE shortblock . With a vvti head I am planning to use though , torque is more so it will give a good strain on those stock rods . So now am in a dilemma . Looks like this will be another Tremec Magnum project in the horizon to support a +1000rwhp NA-T.

Maybe at this point , get the car running with your suggestion , vvti head and stock pre-VVTi short block while I build a fully built NA-T short block. I wan't to keep the 10.5:1 compression though so I need to get 10.5:1 pistons . Apparently , the pistons spells a lot of the 10.5:1 vvti compression aside from the recess on the GE head.

Following your advice , for today to get that car running , I started working on an extra non-VVTi GE block I have sitting around. Got the ARP rod bolts in there and will install ARP Main Studs then mate it with the VVTi Head. Push it and see where it leads me. It's an engine sitting around with a bit higher mileage than the three I just got so I have nothing to loose. Decided not to touch those complete low mileage nonVVTi engines for now especially the 38k miles engine. I will use one of them for a fully built NA-T eventually.
Name:  20161028_092956_zpspk0v7cvf.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  346.5 KB

If anyone is nearby and wanted 2 good 2JZGE non vvti heads , you can pick them up before I throw them into the trash bin today for trash collection. One of them is complete with cams and the other I have actually disassembled.
Name:  20161028_092838_zpsyfyayo65.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  371.1 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 10-28-16 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-28-16, 01:36 PM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

is there any differences between the ge and gte head on a flow/structural standpoint (like is it the same as the gte heads with different components - cams, valves, valve springs etc)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys