Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been on vacation im guessing?
Old 07-23-15, 12:13 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Gerb,

you have any of your cars currently running on the Infinity system that are autos??

Shane
Old 07-23-15, 06:54 PM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shane, Infinity doesn't support auto trans functions from everything I've read. The V2 box does but apparently it doesn't work very well in the last couple updates.
Old 08-04-15, 08:09 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

where ya been man?
Old 08-04-15, 12:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmith
Gerb,

you have any of your cars currently running on the Infinity system that are autos??

Shane
Shane - I don't . Infinity do not support auto trans... you can piggy the stock ecu though.

Originally Posted by SCereal
Shane, Infinity doesn't support auto trans functions from everything I've read. The V2 box does but apparently it doesn't work very well in the last couple updates.
correct !!!

Originally Posted by irondonkey
where ya been man?
On vacation out of the country but am back but will still be on a road trip to DC , NY - manhattan, NY upstate -> Niagra Falls, Chicago , MO , GA on Friday , FL then back to GA .

This vacation at the safari has opened up my mind... lmaol... I will just be riding horses rather than 2jzgte cars... hahahaha.

Seriously , I can use a lot of the money I have on these MKIV / SC 2jzgte cars and invest them on something that will make my old age really comfortable. That I came across a good investment option while on vacation. So am thinking of keeping one of the best MKIV and best SC and the rest might have to go and invest the funds on something else. At times you just have to step back , relax and realize that you are doing too much of one thing and you don't really need it.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-04-15 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-04-15, 12:55 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Going from 800+horse power to 1 horse power might take some getting used to but really does sound relaxing. do those horses use metric or standard socket sets
Old 08-05-15, 04:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Going from 800+horse power to 1 horse power might take some getting used to but really does sound relaxing. do those horses use metric or standard socket sets
Hahaha.. well , I am still planning to keep one MKIV and one SC , both making +1000rwhp. A single horse won't satisfy me definitely , though a wild stallion would be hard to catch

It's just having 4 MKIVs and 4 SCs is too much I guess. Too much funds sitting around that I can use to make more money by investing it in something that will definitely be a success if I play my cards well . My time too had been consumed by working on these 2jzgte toys. This vacation definitely had opened up my mind for which my wife had been trying to knock me out of these 2jzgte madness for quite a while.
Old 08-05-15, 07:39 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

i've been putting my swap money in long term investments too...

i'll swap it after i get a job that pays 60+ haha
Old 08-05-15, 10:40 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Gerb,

Stock ECU long gone. It looks like the only EMS that works well with auto is ProEFI. I know you have one of those too.

Shane
Old 08-07-15, 07:19 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Gerb,

Stock ECU long gone. It looks like the only EMS that works well with auto is ProEFI. I know you have one of those too.

Shane
Shane,

Which auto are you going to use? I am using a built TT Supra auto trans and a TT Supra auto rear end with the TRD DIff. I am also using the PRO EFI. YOu do have to get a custom harness made since the GE and GTE auto trans use different controls. ATF has the TT Supra trans figured out as far as I can tell and for 700whp it should last a very long time.

Another perk of the PRO EFI is you can have it set up for Flex Fuel and run E85. I've been doing this in my Supra for 5 years and it works wonderfully. You will have to address your fuel system if you end up going in that direction. Cool thing about E85 and the GE is you can keep the compression at 10/1 and not worry about hurting anything.

Steve K.
Old 08-07-15, 08:13 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Steve,

Sent you a PM.

Shane
Old 08-07-15, 02:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i've been putting my swap money in long term investments too...

i'll swap it after i get a job that pays 60+ haha
get one done now while those 2jzgte engines are still available and affordable.. at least run it stock. They are going nowhere but higher in prices.

Gerb,

Shane
Originally Posted by 1A1
Shane,

Which auto are you going to use? I am using a built TT Supra auto trans and a TT Supra auto rear end with the TRD DIff. I am also using the PRO EFI. YOu do have to get a custom harness made since the GE and GTE auto trans use different controls. ATF has the TT Supra trans figured out as far as I can tell and for 700whp it should last a very long time.

Another perk of the PRO EFI is you can have it set up for Flex Fuel and run E85. I've been doing this in my Supra for 5 years and it works wonderfully. You will have to address your fuel system if you end up going in that direction. Cool thing about E85 and the GE is you can keep the compression at 10/1 and not worry about hurting anything.

Steve K.
My ProEFI with the ATF built tranny is flawless. That is the way to go Shane. I have pushed that ATF to a little bit over 850rwhp and still holding on. I would like to push it to 1000rwhp since one of my setup can get into that level and see how it holds but am pretty sure am flirting with disaster since I was told by Patrick of ATF to hold it up to 850rwhp only. As Steve have said, ProEFI has tons of features you can use and protect your setup .
Old 08-09-15, 02:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Had a little bit of time when I was in my place North of GA last friday so I decided to inspect the last thing I wanted to make sure was done right on the engine I was working on... the timing gear.

I am really getting convinced that the engine was really assembled by a well known supra builder (was told that it was assembled by Titan Motorsports) since the damn timing gear was well done / welded. Usually only those who know what they are doing with high HP engines do weld the timing gear.

Now I have peace of mind on every part of this engine that it will support 1000rwhp. Will I still use the engine with my current plans of just keeping one each of 1000rwhp MKIV & SC ? Remains to be seen now. Plans always change... hahaha.

Name:  20150809_130640_zpscjduimvt.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  191.2 KB

Name:  20150809_130720_zpsueev4lnj.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  206.3 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 08-11-15 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys