2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 07:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 01gs3
I'm a sucker for that black interior. Great looking sc
Thank you sir ! I love the black interior too. The car I am currently building, in my opinion, even have a better , fresher black interior . Well, that's what my local forum colleagues says too .
Old 06-08-15, 05:36 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude I think you're going to end up driving the SC prices through the roof with your hoarding and build-ups. I seriously thought I had a problem when I bought a 3rd car, my wife during tax time gives me weird looks when she has to send out a handful of checks because of my sickness.

It's always a pleasure to watch your thread, I really wish I had the funds to get me a supra you're a very fortunate individual.

Keep up the good work.
Old 06-08-15, 07:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Reyke
Dude I think you're going to end up driving the SC prices through the roof with your hoarding and build-ups. I seriously thought I had a problem when I bought a 3rd car, my wife during tax time gives me weird looks when she has to send out a handful of checks because of my sickness.

It's always a pleasure to watch your thread, I really wish I had the funds to get me a supra you're a very fortunate individual.

Keep up the good work.
lmaol, thanks my friend, just trying hard so I enjoy and get some satisfactions from my toys ! I guess you can call it a disease. We are never satisfied with our toys. Starts with one and before you know it , you have more and don't want to give up the older one or you get to drive a 500rwhp car and you want more and more power. My wife neither understands why we have 15 vehicles, lmaol. Well, the passion will pass and they will all eventually be gone one day ....just like I used to have with other type of cars before like BMWs, Mitsubishi VR4s, SUVs, Lifted Trucks, etc. There was a point in time, I had all models of BMWs on my driveway from the 3 to the 8 series which I said I will keep forever but are all gone now. A time , I had a number of VR4s... spyder hard top , different colors of those VR4 3000GTs ... they are all gone now. So these MKIVs and SC will eventually be gone too.. hahaha

lol, I don't even tell my wife anymore if i am getting a car. She just sees it on the driveway or when I go out of state for no apparent reason she knows I was picking up a car. Well, they will never approve everything we want anyway so I just avoid all the discussions . She sees it there in your place, what more can she do ? Simple , I ask her ... where do you want me spending time and money more, friends place and at hooters drinking or at home working on my toys .

Our 5 kids are grown up and done with their universities....time for dad to play and do what he wants...playing with fast cars and fast boats ! Life is short so while I can, I might as well play .The irony about MKIVs is I don't even want them years back. Now I have 5, though the rolling shell I am selling now. Well they are blue chips for now in terms of stock market terminologies. They are not gonna go anywhere but higher in prices with the way they had been sold in the past 10-15 years.

It will be nice if SC prices go up. But truly , I don't see it happening in the near future since there are tons of them sold in the US. Maybe an SC with a 2jzgte swap? MAYBE ... those who cannot yet buy a MKIV whose prices now are getting ridiculously high would probably settle for an SC with a 2jzgte swap to be able to get into that elite +1000rwhp territory. Guys would always love to say I have a car with so & so horsepower or have a car that can support their ego on the streets. Who wouldn't like to ?

Last edited by gerrb; 06-09-15 at 04:33 AM.
Old 06-08-15, 09:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I will be busy working on two engines before I go for my summer vacation. One for my Blue Angel SC which will be my 3rd 2jzgte SC and the other is for the 1997 5speed SC or red MKIV shell if both are not sold by the time I am done on my Blue Angel , otherwise it will serve as a reserve engine for all my 2jzgte toys.

One engine , which I already have, was bought more than a year ago. I was like a bandit when i bought this engine. Pay , Load and Run before the owner changes his mind . My friend was so fed up with his MKIV and his previous dealings being duped by people so he wanted out of the supra game. Once he had sold his MKIV, he called me and said, hey bring $2k and get that damn engine out of my garage. It had been sitting for a year in his garage posted on craigslist for $9k and no one buying it. A $10k worth engine, I bought for $2k. This engine was supposed to be built by Titan Motorsports I was told. I have verified the head with Crower cams and was ported , pistons as CP pistons and Rods as Crower I-Beam Billet Steel with upgraded rod bolts and all ARP hardware before I have installed the oil pans and accessories.

One thing I am not sure though is how big the CP pistons wrist pins they used since I never disassembled the engine. If they are the stock wrist pins that came with the regular CP Pistons and you didn't pay for the upgraded one , then you are getting wrist pins with .150" walls that can support around 800rwhp. I want these two engines to be robust and should be able to support a minimum of 1200rwhp.

So I would re-open this engine to inspect and replace wrist pins if necessary

On the following picture, at the bottom are the stock CP piston wrist pins with the .150" walls that come with the off the shelf CP Pistons. That is what you receive if you don't pay more for the upgraded wrist pins. The middle row is what they give you when you say you wanted the upgraded wrist pins which has .200" walls. You can get bigger like those on the top row which has .230" walls and enough to support 1250rwhp. You can actually get even bigger with .250" walls and .300" walls but if you are not planning to go their intended hp rating then you will just have a heavier rotating assembly. You don't want to be having some useless weight in your rotating assembly. The lighter is your rotating assembly, the faster you can rotate it or the higher RPM you can push it thus you can get more HP. So, use parts that will withstand your power goal with some buffer so you got a robust setup. Some people think, damn , let me slap a turbo and I am good. Do you really want to be playing / revving your engine with fear that its internals will give way anytime ? It may take with it a lot other expensive parts. So don't be a damn fool trying to be cheap when it comes to an engine and you want to make power. Reliable and Cheap cannot be used on the same sentence when it comes to extracting high hp from an engine.

On the second engine, I have started putting together, gathering and cleaning parts I have that will support my HP goal . Got the CP pistons , Carillo HD H-Beam Rods with Carr bolts and .230" wrist pins. i have seen MKIVs with such combo of parts making +1400rwhp which is way higher my power goals for these two engines. So that will give me a good buffer since I am not aiming that much on both engines.. just aiming between 1000-1200rwhp

I have assembled two good running engines so far for two of my SCs . One has over 14k miles and one less than 500. Both are still running good so that means I have done something good so I am gonna assemble these two myself. The only way to learn is keep on doing. They can be very expensive mistakes but you got tons of satisfaction when you have done most of the work in your car. And when something goes wrong, you know what to look for and be able to resolve the problem.

Today , i would weigh the pistons, wrist pins with locks, rods with their carr rod bolts. You would want all those 6 assembled pairs to be balanced in weight. Once I receive my billet mains, i would get the block line honed and the whole rotating assembly balanced together with crank, ATi dampener and the Tilton triple clutch that is going into the 6speed build,

Last edited by gerrb; 06-08-15 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-08-15, 11:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Collecting parts is always the fun part of the build... like a kid gathering all the different parts for his toys.

Am using a PT-6870 Gen 2 CEA Ball Bearing turbo on one engine and if the Borg Warner 72mm FMW Billet Wheel turbo I have wont sell so i can get another PT-7685 , I will use it on the other engine. Both of these turbos are rated at around 1000-1100rwhp. Some of the best +1000rwhp turbos out there that are not laggy with the right supporting mods.

As you can see, these are brand new turbos. I try to avoid buying used turbos since you can never verify how they have been used or how many miles on them not unless you are getting them from someone you know you can rely to be truthful.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-08-15 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-08-15, 06:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Brand New Titan modified Oil Pump, water pump and weldon fuel regulator

ATi Dampener , Billet Timing belt tensioner and a couple of TT denso pumps / filter. For a change will try a triple pump setup. i always had one of these for cruising and the big *** Weldon pump turns on at 11psi in all my other cars. Time to try 3 Denso pumps though not so keen on such setup..will turn on each pump based on specified boost pressure.

Slightly used TT coil packs , Crower springs and retainers for the head

Last edited by gerrb; 06-09-15 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-09-15, 05:31 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about you just build me a stock 2jzgte car and i just trade you my 92 lol.

that way i dont have to go through the trouble of doing it
Old 06-12-15, 06:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
how about you just build me a stock 2jzgte car and i just trade you my 92 lol.

that way i dont have to go through the trouble of doing it
haha, as I always tell people who ask me to build or work on their cars, I do this only for my own toys to save money . There is a huge feeling of satisfaction or personal gratification when you know you did most of what was done in your car. I don't work on other people's cars. The best I will do is help a local friend while they are working on their build as I always did.

Part collection for my 3rd 2jzgte SC continues ... got my 3.75" IC pipings today. I wish I can weld good so I can do all my pipings with vbands and no silicon hoses

Last edited by gerrb; 06-12-15 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-13-15, 06:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Till I get v-bands on every piece of my IC piping, I will have to use silicone hoses and clamps

You need to get that engine / turbo to breath .. so strapping a bigger down pipe / midpipe to my 3" dual exhaust will help a lot extract that power

Will get that downpipe / midpipe bolted to a 4" exhaust that splits into true dual 3" magnaflow exhaust. I thought I would use this in my 2nd 2jzgte SC but never did so hopefully now I can use it.

E85 friendly (PTFE) fuel lines from -6 to -12an . I always get all my fuel components E85 ready since I run ethanol during summer . High HP cars love that corn extract .

Different sizes of fittings . My buddy Aaron actually left tons of other fittings, clamps a few PTFE fuel lines too.

Started working on the bigger lines from the tank -12an. The weldon pump needs a -12an from the pump. One of the engines will be supplied fuel from a triple denso setup and the other with a single TT pump / weldon pump . Damn, that -12an size will easily supply a boosted semi diesel truck with fuel . You can't go wrong with a big fuel system as long as you have a system that can control it.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-14-15 at 06:33 AM.
Old 06-14-15, 12:54 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

danggggg this is going to be a sick build.
Old 06-15-15, 08:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

danggggg this is going to be a sick build.
Let's see where it leads us ! All I know for now is it has all the best parts to support >+1000rwhp easily and reliably .
Old 06-15-15, 08:59 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

take them out to the track sometime and really see what thye can do hahah

heck i'd even take it out to the street. there are a bunch of guys with 600hp setups, who talk SO much smack.... put them in their place. lol
Old 06-16-15, 05:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

take them out to the track sometime and really see what thye can do hahah

heck i'd even take it out to the street. there are a bunch of guys with 600hp setups, who talk SO much smack.... put them in their place. lol
Man , I don't build my toys just to damage them at the 1/4 mile track . I will go there to watch but my cars ? hell no.....

Whether you like it or not, you are gonna break sh?t at the track if you want to chase after a particular time slip.

I just love to surprise people on the roads / highways when I see some playing... make them wonder what the hell is under the hood of an old SC that is why I like to keep them stock looking body wise. I have done it many times with Red Mamba One ...best for me was when a 2015 corvette and 2014 mustang, both with FI were playing on GA400. These two cars had to follow me where I went just to check what I had on that raggedy looking car. You very well know it isn't painted yet.
Old 06-16-15, 10:12 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Man , I don't build my toys just to damage them at the 1/4 mile track . I will go there to watch but my cars ? hell no.....

Whether you like it or not, you are gonna break sh?t at the track if you want to chase after a particular time slip.

I just love to surprise people on the roads / highways when I see some playing... make them wonder what the hell is under the hood of an old SC that is why I like to keep them stock looking body wise. I have done it many times with Red Mamba One ...best for me was when a 2015 corvette and 2014 mustang, both with FI were playing on GA400. These two cars had to follow me where I went just to check what I had on that raggedy looking car. You very well know it isn't painted yet.
LOL great story
Old 06-16-15, 10:47 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Sleeper status FTW

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys