Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 04-14-15, 06:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
1000whp is ridiculous. i believe i would have to be at the same point in my life as you are, to have anything like that in a swap, even tho 2jz is probably the cheapest way to reach the 1k mark. at that point, every little thing in the engine needs to be upgraded, really breaks the bank. i might hold off on the swap, i want to visit singapore at the end of this year. i was born there and have never gone back. im expect to blow maybe 2-3k total, for spending about 1.5 weeks there.

True , to shoot for +1000rwhp , it is not cheap. You try to cheap out on your parts, the setup is gonna break quick,

That is why I always said be smart in building your cars otherwise if you pay store prices for all your parts, your cost will reach the roof.

There is no way for me I could have all the 2jzgte toys in my signature if I have to buy everything from the stores... just no way. I would be spending tons of money to have 3 6speed MKIVs and 3 built 2jzgte SCs. My wife will divorce me..hahaha.

Hey I want you to grab me something from a store at Orchard Rd in Singapore which I forgot to get last year if you are going.
Old 04-14-15, 06:21 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Someone wanted to see my interior for the Red Mamba ..

here it is... there are still small pieces like key ring, driver lower dash panel I need to install though.

Old 04-14-15, 08:11 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So jelly of those seats...
Old 04-15-15, 07:10 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will update you with anything when i plan on going to SG. i wanna to get a couple nights at the SMB hotel, with that super nice infinity pool, but it's almost $300 a night.... crazy. im gonna party so hard.
Old 04-15-15, 09:18 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, GPS alarm, and "the club" on the steering wheel, do you have alot of issues with theft?
Old 04-15-15, 10:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
So jelly of those seats...
Black Interior on the Blue Angel will actually be in better condition since it's coming from the 1997 Black Pearl.

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Man, GPS alarm, and "the club" on the steering wheel, do you have alot of issues with theft?
Got a couple for friends with bad experiences. One friend spent $30k on his GTE swapped car and was stolen. I am just paranoid on my MKIVs and built SCs, so I make it a habit that I have a steering wheel lock on them. More of a psychological hindrance... someone sees a lock on steering wheel , it might give him a second thought of even trying.
Old 04-15-15, 03:31 PM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
Black Interior on the Blue Angel will actually be in better condition since it's coming from the 1997 Black Pearl.

Got a couple for friends with bad experiences. One friend spent $30k on his GTE swapped car and was stolen. I am just paranoid on my MKIVs and built SCs, so I make it a habit that I have a steering wheel lock on them. More of a psychological hindrance... someone sees a lock on steering wheel , it might give him a second thought of even trying.

probally would come out better if you had one of these

Last edited by 1SICKGT; 04-15-15 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-15-15, 04:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKGT
probally would come out better if you had one of these
You know I was just thinking of that today since I saw one on the classified section today .

A lot of vehicles though are stolen by the quick lift and tow method.

Reason I believe the SmartGPS system is good. The moment they lift it, the tilt sensor senses it...sounds the alarm and start tracking the route .
Old 04-16-15, 07:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

SC2JZ300 here is the interior of my White Diamond SC which is still red . Will paint it white though when the right time comes.... hahaha. It is an interior combo of black and tan. Blue Angel, I believe you have an idea of the condition of the black interior going into that car since I have posted pictures of the Black Pearl interior on this thread...pretty good condition... better than the black interior of the Red Mamba.

You see all my 2jzgte cars have steering wheel locks..lmaol.

Temperature related gauges (Engine Oil, Transmission Fluid and Water Temp ) on the passenger side pillar

Pressure related gauges (Boost pressure, Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure ) on the driver side Pillar. My Wideband / ProEFI color can display still hanging loose inside the glove box...still deciding whether I wanted a RacePak IQ3 dash and take the whole stock gauge out.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-16-15 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-16-15, 10:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

pretty cool. gauges on both sides
Old 04-16-15, 01:17 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gerrb, what's shaking?? a throw back from the past "the club"!!
Old 04-16-15, 02:44 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SC2JZ300 here is the interior of my White Diamond SC which is still red . [/IMG][/URL]

Did you say White Diamond SC?! Wanna trade plus cash on my end for your stock TT SC? hahahah.. Im ready to take Loans from my bank. Nice SCs by the way..
Old 04-16-15, 03:42 PM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

You know I was just thinking of that today since I saw one on the classified section today .

A lot of vehicles though are stolen by the quick lift and tow method.

Reason I believe the SmartGPS system is good. The moment they lift it, the tilt sensor senses it...sounds the alarm and start tracking the route .

I was referring to that (quick disconnect) over the club. The Smart gps is a great idea

the clubs are easy to get buy with a hacksaw to the steering wheel club comes right off

with he quick disconnect the car has to be towed
Old 04-16-15, 09:29 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

our area isn't too rampant to theft... its usually outside of us, where it happens. SC's aren't that desirable.

hmmmm a 2jzgte swapped 99 SC popped up for a decent price.... but it's an auto, and i want a manual.
Old 04-17-15, 03:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
pretty cool. gauges on both sides
thanks , I had those gauges at least 6 years so decided to make good use of them

Originally Posted by megamax
gerrb, what's shaking?? a throw back from the past "the club"!!
haha...kinda paranoid that one of my 2jzgte toys will be stolen though truly the city I live in is a very safe area. For now Red Mamba is safe with the Viper SmartStart / SmartGPS System.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Did you say White Diamond SC?! Wanna trade plus cash on my end for your stock TT SC? hahahah.. Im ready to take Loans from my bank. Nice SCs by the way..
You got my text message ? Get one of those delivered to my place and you may have the Red Mamba.

Originally Posted by 1SICKGT
I was referring to that (quick disconnect) over the club. The Smart gps is a great idea

the clubs are easy to get buy with a hacksaw to the steering wheel club comes right off

with he quick disconnect the car has to be towed
I hear you... good idea. They will have to tow the car. Maybe in the future. Right now I just want stock looks in and out for my SCs. I want to channel funds first buying go fast goodies... then cosmetics would come.

Was just thinking though, removing the steering wheel would not prevent them from towing the car so it looks to me installing a Viper Smart System in my cars might be better . I will just content myself with the steering wheel locks for now since I already have them I guess.

Originally Posted by irondonkey
our area isn't too rampant to theft... its usually outside of us, where it happens. SC's aren't that desirable.

hmmmm a 2jzgte swapped 99 SC popped up for a decent price.... but it's an auto, and i want a manual.
True , I actually seldom hear any crime in this city. In the neighborhood I am, never heard of any theft actually.

If the price is right, a 2jzgte swapped car regardless if auto or manual tranny would be a good deal now. The damn 2jzgte swaps have risen in prices again. JDM dealers want $9500 now for a 2jzgte 6speed swap. Even the auto and vvti swaps have gone up. It is not getting cheaper to do a good 2jzgte swap now especially if you want to refresh it first before install.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-20-15 at 03:56 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys