Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-15, 02:34 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I like how you keep it positive Gerrb I am sure that harness was a handful.
seeing your car on a map probably comes in handy, pretty nice system.
Old 04-10-15, 05:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I like how you keep it positive Gerrb I am sure that harness was a handful.
seeing your car on a map probably comes in handy, pretty nice system.
Thanks Ali... oh yeah , replacing all the engine bay harness and all the harnesses in front of the car under the dash was not a joke. I dreaded doing it at first to be honest. But all good and the feeling is better now especially with my new Viper System installed. Still trying to see if there are other Viper components I can take advantage of. Right now , almost all features I have installed.

With the Viper Smart GPS , I don't need a lo-jack on this car just like I have on my MKIVs and the other SC.

I can set a lock down alert or smart fence to protect it from thieves then track it down on the map where it is going or where it was brought. The very moment the car gets out of the smart fence or lock down location, its movements will be tracked . In fact even before that, you just freaking lift or jack up the car to tow it or enter the car , the damn siren is so loud and mini piezo sirens which are pain generators will hurt you so bad that you can't stand being in the car. Lots of cool features. I installed a Glass-Break Sensor, Tilt sensor , if someone will jack it up to get wheels or want to tow it ...and a backup battery. There is no way anyone can disable the freaking viper smart module / gps module with the backup battery module without me knowing . We would have found it before the modules are disabled. They would have to take out the damn dashboard to get into them and we all know how hard rather how long it can take to remove the damn dashboard of these cars. They were well tacked in underneath the dash just like that wire junction box at the center beneath the dash. That's why installing all new dash / engine wires was actually a help in getting the Viper security system installed securely.

Like I told my son, who visited us today, to grab me something and use the Red Mamba two hours ago. I was able to trace where he was heading , his speed and where he parked. He is bad in loosing keys. He forgot them inside the car ... he called me, I was able to open the doors for him and even started the car for him with my smart phone while I was at home... really cool features.

Picture below shows me exactly where he parked .

Last edited by gerrb; 04-11-15 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-11-15, 02:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

car is all back together again... just came from a test drive .

I am in love again with the stock twins... instant response. I hope I will find a good aftermarket twins setup for a good price ... damn six 2jzgte toys and no aftermarket twins...

I love this interior with the red stiches and the Viper SmartGPS is awesome !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 04-11-15 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-11-15, 06:09 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you've got one running to enjoy again!
Old 04-11-15, 07:51 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

the red mamba is finally broken in?
Old 04-12-15, 06:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Glad you've got one running to enjoy again!
Thank you. It is perfect for a city car where you can have only half a mile or less of speed bursts because of the traffic.

Just the way I want for a run around 2jzgte car. Not afraid to leave it anywhere because of the Viper SmartGPS system.

Though am sure in a long stretch of road, I will right away feel the difference with my other cars. This will be wanting on the top end . Anyways it was meant for a city car right now so I am happy.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
the red mamba is finally broken in?
Am only halfway of the 500 miles buddy. Problem is I seldom leave my place North of Atlanta now and every thing I want is within 2 miles radius. Maybe I need to use it once I go home to the South. That will get me done with the break in.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-12-15 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-12-15, 07:05 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wow i thought you might have reached the 500 mark by now...
Old 04-12-15, 01:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
wow i thought you might have reached the 500 mark by now...
I wish .. so I can rev it higher.

Got to get going for my 3rd 2jzgte SC, the Blue Angel.

The 102mm throttle body

Last edited by gerrb; 04-12-15 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-12-15, 10:09 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

master gerrb at it again.

im also use to having everything close since i'm right down the street hahaha. i dont mind driving out tho. take a cruise for the break in. it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 04-14-15, 11:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
master gerrb at it again.

im also use to having everything close since i'm right down the street hahaha. i dont mind driving out tho. take a cruise for the break in. it shouldn't be too bad.
don't you love our area... everything within 2 miles radius .
Old 04-14-15, 11:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Some time back I posted a built engine here which I actually completed with all the bolt on accessories so it will be ready for sale or any build . I tried selling it but it is always hard selling a built engine. It has CP Pistons, Crower I-Beam Billet Steel Rods with upgraded 3/8" 220k psi Crower 90827 rod bolts, ported head with Crower camshafts, ARP main studs and ARP Head Studs. Those parts should easily support 1000rwhp .

Instead of letting it sit around , I will use it for now on my 3rd 2jzgte SC the Blue Angel instead of one of my VVTi engines. As it is , since I never separated the head from the short block when I got it , I have no idea if the CP pistons have the stock wrist pins which have a wall size of .150" and I have no idea if the ARP head washers where used instead of the stock head washers. Installing it as it is , I should be fine between 800-900rwhp especially I don't go to the drag strip anyway.

Since I will use it for my personal use, I will open it up again , so I can replace the CP pistons wrist pins with a .230" wall and make sure the right washers are there for the ARP head studs. That would enable me to safely make 1000rwhp on this engine without breaking the wrist pins or lifting the head.

Internals

[/URL]

Last edited by gerrb; 04-14-15 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-14-15, 11:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

CP Pistons themselves can handle +1000rwhp but the stock wrist pins that come with them , which has .150" walls, can only safely handle around 800rwhp. So you got to replace them with at least the .200" walls. Even those at around 1200rwhp , some had experienced them to bend or break.

So I will open the engine and if there need be...replace the wrist pins on the CP Pistons if their walls are smaller than the .230" wrist pins I have. As seen below, these should easily handle 1000rwhp , that will give me a peace of mind that the internals of my engine can easily handle the power / torque I am aiming for most especially this one will have direct port nitrous too.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-14-15 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-14-15, 12:44 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

i feel like a machine shop could probably make those pins with a good quality metal, as well as cutting it to your specs.
Old 04-14-15, 01:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i feel like a machine shop could probably make those pins with a good quality metal, as well as cutting it to your specs.
I would leave that to those who especialize with pistons like CP , JE and others rather than a machine shop. Those are special materials that are treated and one of the most critical parts of your engine. You break that and you throw a rod and more often than not , your engine is thrashed.

On the picture below, on the left you see the stock CP Pistons wrist pin with a wall of .150" . Then when you order and say you want the upgraded wrist pins, they will give you the one on the middle which are .200" which can handle the 1000rwhp . But if you want a special one which has a .300" wall , you can get them from real street performance. They are boat anchors for which you can throw any thing on them without worrying of breaking them but are heavy . You just got to use parts to support your power / torque goal.

What I got is better than the upgraded .200" wall pins... I have the .230" wall pins bought from RealStreet Performance which can safely handle 1200rwhp..... you also can have the .250" wall pins. Of course, the beefier they are, the heavier they are so that has to be considered too. And wrist pins with bigger walls are not cheap... the .230" where $37 each and you will need 6 of them.

My goal on the Blue Angel is maximize one of my Precision PT-6870 Gen2 CEA BB turbo so it will be around +1000rwhp.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-14-15 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-14-15, 03:19 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

1000whp is ridiculous. i believe i would have to be at the same point in my life as you are, to have anything like that in a swap, even tho 2jz is probably the cheapest way to reach the 1k mark. at that point, every little thing in the engine needs to be upgraded, really breaks the bank. i might hold off on the swap, i want to visit singapore at the end of this year. i was born there and have never gone back. im expect to blow maybe 2-3k total, for spending about 1.5 weeks there.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys