Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 02:17 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb

Cosmetics on my SCs for me can come later. They are not show cars , just sleeper toys .
Amen man....I could care less about my paint
Old 03-30-15, 02:29 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow those pics look amazing! i hope i can make my GTE swap as clean as yours. i have all the funds to go ahead and start on the swap, but it's just something i dont want to spend money on haha. i think i would have more motivation if i felt the boost on the daily. i might trade cars with my friend who has a 1jz swap for a couple days to get me started for the swap lol

as for the paint, i am in absolutely no rush. i still need to prep the 97 front, so i'll get around to doing that first. I am going to search around and look for a shop that sells quarts of paint. a simple black, base and clear will do and i will just primer it with those spray cans. i've got all these dings and i really need to spend some time cleaning out the cosmetic part of my car. the only thing i have is right now is the wheels which makes it look really good, even dirty lol
Old 03-30-15, 05:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 4rcedfed
Great thread!!
Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Amen man....I could care less about my paint
Originally Posted by irondonkey
wow those pics look amazing! i hope i can make my GTE swap as clean as yours. i have all the funds to go ahead and start on the swap, but it's just something i dont want to spend money on haha. i think i would have more motivation if i felt the boost on the daily. i might trade cars with my friend who has a 1jz swap for a couple days to get me started for the swap lol

as for the paint, i am in absolutely no rush. i still need to prep the 97 front, so i'll get around to doing that first. I am going to search around and look for a shop that sells quarts of paint. a simple black, base and clear will do and i will just primer it with those spray cans. i've got all these dings and i really need to spend some time cleaning out the cosmetic part of my car. the only thing i have is right now is the wheels which makes it look really good, even dirty lol

Thank you guys. My 2nd 2jzgte SC still need some minor things to be done though overall I am happy with the way the build came out. I like the way it starts and runs which was the most important thing for me. It is as though that SC came out of the factory with that powertrain ....starts like stock and runs so smooth without hiccups.

On to my 3rd 2jzgte SC ( Blue Angel ) which I hope to top even Red Mamba and White Diamond in terms of performance and looks on the engine bay

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-15 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-30-15, 05:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

To start with , I did work on the Intake Manifold I am using on the Blue Angel. I like how the black themed engine came out on the red bay of the Red Mamba. Not a lot of maintenance or cleaning, unlike White Diamond for which maintaining the shine on the bay is a lot of work . On this 3rd SC, since it will have an RSP colored bay, I will keep a black themed engine also with only the valve covers, turbo compressor and throttle body as chromed to serve as an accent.

Intake Manifold was wrinkle coated rather painted ( I am cheap ..lol, ). Pictures doesn't do this thing justice. The wrinkling came out so nice with the hot sun out today .

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-15 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-30-15, 06:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sounds good Mang Gerrb! Might as well work on your RSP then paint them all. LMK when I can pick up my Black Pearl.
Thanks Rey ! The damn engine is so smooth and am really loving these ATF built trannies..smooth. As though the whole power train is OEM to the SC. Still have that head / tail lights gremlin though I got to fix which has something to do with the integration relay on the driver side kick panel. I wish I knew that problem before I installed the whole black interior. It would have been easier to replace without the dashboard in.

Get me drunk at Tilted Kilt, hahaha, maybe you can convince me to bring home the Black Pearl

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-15 at 04:40 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 09:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Before I continue working on my 3rd 2jzgte SC, the Blue Angel, I have decided to find out exactly why I have some electrical stuff like tail lights / dome lights not working on the Red Mamba. I thought it was minor and am done with that car for now.

Apparently not but instead I have something major to do... replace the damn Junction Box on the driver side kick panel just because of a BURNT DIODE that cannot be pulled out because of the burnt junction box too. The wiring inside that junction box and the integration relay behind that box is probably internally damaged too so best thing to do is replace junction box.

So this whole thing needs to be replaced

The problem is I don't have one from a 1992 SC300. All I have is from the 97,96 & 94 SC400. Cars that I previously parted out . So I am using one of these . But being an SC400, you cannot just use the junction box. SC400 and SC300 have differences in their wiring. Tthere will be very minor change for my 2jzgte engine harness also .The voltage supply for my injectors and igniter will come from somewhere else but It won't be hard to add one wire.

So here is all what need to be installed

This is the replacement junction box . The reason the diode was burnt out was, whoever had this car before, they were putting fuses that were a lot higher in amperage than what the circuitry required. So instead of burning the fuse, it burnt the diode and the plastic of the junction box. No wonder they sold this car . To get those tail lights working again, it will have cost them a pretty penny to get this done. Lesson -> ALWAYS REPLACE FUSE WITH THE RIGHT AMPERAGE.

A lot of work on this , but the good thing is , it will be easier for me to install the VIPER alarm and remote start that came with those wiring I got from the parted cars. It will be cool since I will be able to use also my Smartphone to remotely start / lock / arm the car. I will also take the opportunity to clean up all the wiring , taking out the ABS ecu / wiring , Cruise Control ecu / wiring and all the other wirings not needed since I took them out for the 2jzgte swap.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-01-15 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 12:11 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

i can't even imagine working with all those wires.

seriously, props to being able to do a repair like that. i cringe at the sight of wires. mainly because i've never really learned about them, nor do i have anyone to teach me haha
Old 04-01-15, 01:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bibz1uz
5 days of reading later ... simply amazing man
Thanks... didn't read your comment till now !
Old 04-01-15, 02:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i can't even imagine working with all those wires.

seriously, props to being able to do a repair like that. i cringe at the sight of wires. mainly because i've never really learned about them, nor do i have anyone to teach me haha
I probably wouldn't mess with wires either if my education and profession was not in Electronics Engineering / Computer Science. One terrible mistake can set your car on fire and I have seen one car on fire because of a badly wired engine harness. That is why I had to verify that my harness which was meant for an SC300 is all good with this SC400 wiring.

DAMN... just realized this build thread had hit 500,000 clicks / views in 3 years and 16 days.... WOWWWWWW

Last edited by gerrb; 04-01-15 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-07-15, 07:53 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

any updates?
Old 04-07-15, 06:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have installed all those wirings you see in the previous pictures..

* Complete Engine bay wiring
* Complete Under the dash wiring.

Car is running good now , all lights are working .. yehey..

I just need to put back together the dash board and center console. But before I do that, I am trying to install now the Viper SmartGPS system.... security , alarm, remote start, power locks / windows and smartphone start / control and GPS tracking.

Still studying the different wiring for the Viper. But car itself is running good. I can't complain. In fact I went around the neighborhood roads just to test things out today. I had to modify some wiring for the engine harness I did for the 2jzgte engine since SC400 and SC300 has some differences. After the test drive... I guess everything is good now .
Old 04-08-15, 01:27 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you complete the break in process yet? Been meaning to come by and drop off that prep papers, I'll call you sometime this week or weekend.
Old 04-08-15, 03:56 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that is a lot of wiring work
Old 04-09-15, 06:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Viper Remote Start working...

Viper Smart GPS will now point exact location of car and a lot other cool features. The map shows in a blue dot where exactly the car is right now

Old 04-09-15, 06:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Did you complete the break in process yet? Been meaning to come by and drop off that prep papers, I'll call you sometime this week or weekend.
drop by anytime buddy.. still on the refilled break in oil.. I only have 200 miles...another 300 miles

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
that is a lot of wiring work
I know ..I hated it but got to do it or I didn't have some lights and electrical stuff working. Beauty about it is...it made it easier for me to install the Viper Security / Remote Start / Smart GPS system.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys