Old 02-01-15, 05:35 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^Well said!
Old 02-02-15, 06:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Been working on the Aristo 2jzgte part of the harness... done cleaning it up. I figure, I will just make the harness as simple as it can be so I don't have to move a lot of wires / connectors

Again for those who hasn't seen this thread on how to make an SC 2jzgte wiring harness...

here is the thread -> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...made-easy.html

Am currently taking out from the SC300 harness all the body plugs and some SC specific connectors I will need to graft on the 2jzgte harness. Hopefully , if I don't get lazy, this week won't pass and I am done with the swap harness even if I just spend a few moments a day on it.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-02-15 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-03-15, 08:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just like what I did on the 2jzgte Wiring Harness Made Easy thread , took out all connectors and wires I don't need on the SC300 harness. Needless to say , what is left are connectors that are found on the SC300 harness and not on the Aristo 2jzgte harness...

This is ready to be grafted to the Aristo 2jzgte harness. Those wires that are looped are wires that needed to be soldered to the Aristo 2jzgte harness.

SC300 connectors needed together with the body plugs

What was taken out

Old 02-04-15, 04:43 AM
lilSCsteve

^^^You Sir, have the gifted "hand" of Patience! lol Ah-the wiring harness done right-why yes, please!
Old 02-05-15, 02:17 PM
bibz1uz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 days of reading later ... simply amazing man
Old 02-05-15, 02:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thank you guys

The next couple of days, the pictures on this thread will disappear. It is because I have maxed out the 10gb monthly data bandwidth allotted by photobucket due to the amount of views the thread gets in a month. Pictures should reappear by the 18th of the month when the account resets back to 0 bandwidth. I used to subscribe with them and have unlimited bandwidth but I cancelled it a couple of months ago. If I see this happening monthly , I might consider renewing on the unlimited data bandwidth.

Again a big thank you to everyone . This thread has 470,325 views in a little less than 3 years. An average of 446 views a day in the past 3 years.

I am almost done on the harness then I can drop the engine on the bay . I am just rechecking every connector wiring again since it is easier to work on the harness while it is out and I avoid problems once it is in.

Steve - brother, you know that doing your own harness saves you at least $1k which you can use in buying go fast goodies. So patience should be on your side and I wish you see this car running before you leave for another deployment. I always have great respect for GOOD service men who unceasingly defend our freedom . You will be the first one to see a picture of the engine bay once the engine is in.
Old 02-05-15, 04:04 PM
lilSCsteve

Hey thanks Gerrb, I appreciate the kind words...Its not easy, but it's a small sacrifice for a greater gain! At the end of the day, I'm thankful for so much! And thanks for the encouragement, and you're right I can save on doing the wiring harness myself-more money towards the Ms.Teally Project? Now back to work I say! haha. I am, as well as several others are waiting to hear and see the BEAST in its GLORY!

steve
Old 02-07-15, 01:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Before my photobucket bandwidth is maxed out , which am pretty sure it will be today or tomorrow with a couple of hundred views more, since am already at 9.8gb , I decided to post my finished harness. $1k saved right there by doing my own harness. That money can go to a go fast goody.

I have checked all connectors and their wires at least twice so I am confident it is all ready to be slapped on the engine and I probably can drop the engine on the bay this week.

I have incorporated a good numbers of extra wires strategically located in some areas of the harness so in the future, if I need to install sensors for gauges or other stuff, I already have the necessary wirings and I don't have wires laying all over the place. Decided to leave and wire the diagnostic port. It would have saved me a lot of time if I took it out but on this harness I kept it.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-08-15 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-08-15, 10:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Started to install my harness on the engine...re-routing a bit some parts so they are not so visible. I want the engine bay look clean and not look like a cluster f?ck !

I didn't move the igniter / filter to the inside of the cabin anymore. I will just install it on the side frame where it is not too visible from top. It's not worth the time and effort for this car .

Currently routing the harness on the intake side

EDIT : Damn it, now.. pictures are gone... shoot. I don't know if I can wait till the 18th for my free account bandwidth to be reset. That is another 10 days

Last edited by gerrb; 02-08-15 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-08-15, 05:59 PM
lilSCsteve

Maxed out PB, Gerrb you called it! Now what are we gonna do? LOL
Old 02-09-15, 03:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Maxed out PB, Gerrb you called it! Now what are we gonna do? LOL
Buddy, for now, decided to pay a month's unlimited data bandwidth so picture's are back. Waiting for another 9 days for my bandwidth allocation be reset is qjuite long . I will see how it goes month to month. I just hate paying for something I don't need I guess, otherwise I won't be able to maintain my 5 2jzgte toys...hahaha. I told you I am cheap. Maybe I will just stop posting so many pictures .

I am looking at dropping the engine on the bay in the next couple of days. Meanwhile harness should be completely bolted on the engine today.

Btw, send me a text message if deployment goes through this week and be safe out there !

Last edited by gerrb; 02-09-15 at 03:15 AM.
Old 02-09-15, 06:10 AM
babillarac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good gerb ,keep it up man
Old 02-09-15, 06:32 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babillarac
looking good gerb ,keep it up man
Man... where have you been ? You have been quite for a while ! Hope all is well .
Old 02-09-15, 06:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Harness all tacked into the engine. This thing is ready to be dropped in once the tranny is bolted . I just need to check if something else needs to be done on the engine bay while there is no engine. A lot easier working in there without the engine. I believe this engine with different shades of black theme will look really good on the red engine bay I just prepped. It will be a cool daily driver / run around car to replace my Benz so everything should be working on the damn car just like how Lexus brought it out of the factory but with the exception of now having a twin turbo 2jzgte. There is no point of using the damn built 2jzgte toys around town when you hardly get a mile of free road because of the traffic. I hope one day I will get a good deal on an aftermarket hybrid twins for this car so I can push it to around 700-800 with real twin turbos . I always wanted a real twin turbo setup. Not so many around. They are damn so pricey at $5k right now.

I have kept the diagnostic port and EVAP VSV since I want to install though relocated the canister for fuel fumes. I hate the smell of gas.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-09-15 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-09-15, 08:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Default 97 Clusters on my 1992 SCs - Let's try this Gauge Conversion !

Disclaimer : As I repeatedly said on this thread, if you follow anything I wrote on this thread... I won't take any responsibility for anything ! So do things with care.

Weather is bad today... raining hard and Red Mamba 2 is out there so I can't work on it. Let me start on something else today which I can do indoor.

One of the things I wanted to do on my SCs is replace all the 92 clusters to 97 gauge clusters. What I want to do is not take away the 92 plugs . I will just add the 97 cluster plugs so I can use either an older 92 or 97 cluster... workable ? I don't know right now. I believe it is so let's just do it.

Why am I converting ? I am cheap ..lol .. all my 3 1992 SCs have clusters whose needles and lightings are bad. I don't want to spend to get them repaired for now.... I have 97 parts cars with good clusters with almost similar mileages on the odometer.

I have never done it before but looking at the wiring diagrams I do believe it is doable so we will give it a try and start with the Red Mamba 2

Here are the wiring diagrams you will need (if you want to enlarge them , click on the picture and enlarge it at photobucket using + )

92 gauge cluster wiring diagram

97 gauge cluster wiring diagram

For those who have a 93 , here are the diagrams from the TIS

For those who have a 95.. here you go, minor differences from the 92-94

Since I want to use the 97 cluster, I need to have their pigtails

left harness is from 97 and the one on the right is from the 92

cluster pigtails (4 for the 97 and 3 for the 92)

Now we need to get those 4 97 cluster pigtails and graft them on the 92 cluster wiring harness. We need know which and where to graft each one. You just have to analyze the diagrams above.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-01-15 at 06:58 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys