Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-15, 04:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Ugghhhhh Jelly of wheels, I browse CL almost everyday, and cant believe I miss these.
'

I myself was surprised nobody had snatched them yet. His first post about these was 3rd week of March which I saw early morning yesterday. Then by mid morning I saw the ad below which was posted 4 days ago and even then I was telling myself, for such a good deal they should be gone. I decided no harm trying so I contacted him and to my surprise where still available . After some conversations I said I was going to pick them up right there and then so he let them go for $680.

Look how much the two MT ET Street Drag radials would have cost ? The price of the whole set . Wheels are even in excellent condition, no curb rashes or bad scratches . Clean at the back so they have probably been used lightly.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-01-15 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-01-15, 06:52 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gerrb, great find on the wheels as usual you're going to have another great sc.
Old 05-01-15, 06:53 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went digging last night through CL.com... Killer deal Gerry, still upset at myself for missing these.
Old 05-03-15, 07:12 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Hey Gerrb, great find on the wheels as usual you're going to have another great sc.
Thank you Idlefree , just trying my best to have good performance cars without spending tons so I always search for good deals. No way I can keep and maintain my toys if not for such good deals. Performance cars are money pits.

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
I went digging last night through CL.com... Killer deal Gerry, still upset at myself for missing these.
Thanks buddy . Surely , you will find some one day if I don't find them before you do hahaha .
Old 05-05-15, 07:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Took a flight to Raleigh NC, rented a uhaul truck and trailer, 7 hours later , got this beauty home.

Old 05-06-15, 05:50 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a show on TLC for hoarders. i think you might need to be on there.
Old 05-06-15, 08:14 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think you need to start a supra museum soon. nice pickup love that color is that RR?
looks like someone took their exhaust off of it but should be no problem for you I would imagine.
Old 05-06-15, 08:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
there's a show on TLC for hoarders. i think you might need to be on there.
Rey said that many times...haha. I don't let a supra pass if it's a good deal. They are only going to get higher in prices . In fact it is tough to even find a good shell for a good price. To be honest am back in Charlotte NC now waiting for my connecting flight to Raleigh... picking up another 1100rwhp supra but this i will drive back home in the morning.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I think you need to start a supra museum soon. nice pickup love that color is that RR?
looks like someone took their exhaust off of it but should be no problem for you I would imagine.
hahaha... i buy them if i see a good deal as investments for me since they get you good money if you got them for a good price. Even my 3 personal MKIVs eventually I will sell ,when that passion of mine for them passes. I have sold 5 MKIVs in the past and I made money in every one of them. You satisfy your passion and at the same time you make money if you were smart in buying or building them otherwise...they are money pits and will loose money.

The car used to be black..now RR. There are tons of high dollar aftermarket parts with the car that's why I rented a truck als... tons of 2jzgte parts too.
Old 05-06-15, 09:00 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

am i reading this right?

anotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr supra? literally a days after just now buying one???

lmao making money off selling these should be the least of your worries.

but save one for me at a good price in the future, when i come to the point i can throw this kind of money into a car
Old 05-06-15, 11:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
am i reading this right?

anotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr supra? literally a days after just now buying one???

lmao making money off selling these should be the least of your worries.

but save one for me at a good price in the future, when i come to the point i can throw this kind of money into a car
Am back in Raleigh now.. taking a cab to Durham so I can pick up another MKIV....hahaha.

You let good deals pass they disappear quick and this one ...guy is loosing like $30k on this setup. He has to let it go.. divorce sale. Just came to know about it two days ago.
Old 05-06-15, 01:42 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah I know what you mean the value has definitely gone up and should continue to inch up over time.
My brother picked up a 93.5 6spd turbo w/60k on it, bone stock, they are really awesome investment cars that are still reliable so you dont worry about breaking it *cough* RX7 *cough*
I still can't believe to this day it sat in a garage for a decade collecting dust. just needed a timing belt, waterpump, downpipe, boost controller and its a serious weekend warrior.
divorce sale, oh man gotta move on those quick, any time a person selling a car mentions their spouse, you know there is a good deal to be had.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 05-06-15 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-08-15, 09:25 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Am back in Raleigh now.. taking a cab to Durham so I can pick up another MKIV....hahaha.

You let good deals pass they disappear quick and this one ...guy is loosing like $30k on this setup. He has to let it go.. divorce sale. Just came to know about it two days ago.
did you pick this one up off of SF?
Old 05-08-15, 11:19 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah I know what you mean the value has definitely gone up and should continue to inch up over time.
My brother picked up a 93.5 6spd turbo w/60k on it, bone stock, they are really awesome investment cars that are still reliable so you dont worry about breaking it *cough* RX7 *cough*
I still can't believe to this day it sat in a garage for a decade collecting dust. just needed a timing belt, waterpump, downpipe, boost controller and its a serious weekend warrior.
divorce sale, oh man gotta move on those quick, any time a person selling a car mentions their spouse, you know there is a good deal to be had.
Hey not true! My FD was soooo reliable, oh wait, it had a 2jz in it. lol
Old 05-09-15, 06:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
did you pick this one up off of SF?
I doubt it is on SF, I haven't even checked. I seldom look at SF cars classified. A friend called me about it so I can check it out when he knew I was going through Raleigh towards Rocky Mount NC to pickup the red MKIV and other stuff last Tuesday.

Based on my experience , best MKIV purchases are from Craigslist or word of mouth from friends. Many MKIV sellers who need to sell their car due to personal reasons like divorce, need money badly or what not wouldn't want to broadcast it to their friends at SF.... pride I guess (just my $0.02 and no offense meant to anyone) especially if they need to sell it ASAP. Many hate to let that MKIV go .. so no fanfare but just have to let it go. SF is a good place to sell actually since most buyers know what they are buying and can price your MKIV / stuff right.

I have bought 9 MKIVs now in the past 7 years. 8 of them from people in a bind . 8 of them from Craigslist and this last one through a friend. All at a very good deal so I always made money from those I sold and I know I will on what I have when I have to let them go and my passion on them passes. But there are a lot of risks buying on Craigslist so you be careful. You have to know what you are buying and be aware of security risks.
Old 05-09-15, 07:05 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I doubt it is on SF, I haven't even checked. I seldom look at SF cars classified. A friend called me about it so I can check it out when he knew I was going through Raleigh towards Rocky Mount NC to pickup the red MKIV and other stuff last Tuesday.

Based on my experience , best MKIV purchases are from Craigslist or word of mouth from friends. Many MKIV sellers who need to sell their car due to personal reasons like divorce, need money badly or what not wouldn't want to broadcast it to their friends at SF.... pride I guess (just my $0.02 and no offense meant to anyone) especially if they need to sell it ASAP. Many hate to let that MKIV go .. so no fanfare but just have to let it go. SF is a good place to sell actually since most buyers know what they are buying and can price your MKIV / stuff right.

I have bought 9 MKIVs now in the past 7 years. 8 of them from people in a bind . 8 of them from Craigslist and this last one through a friend. All at a very good deal so I always made money from those I sold and I know I will on what I have when I have to let them go and my passion on them passes. But there are a lot of risks buying on Craigslist so you be careful. You have to know what you are buying and be aware of security risks.
wow nice! and yeah I know what you mean about buying on Craiglslist. I flew down to Charlotte a couple years ago to look at a 1.5JZ/R154 SC. It looked great in pics and the seller talked a good talk. But when I got there, the interior was vinyl wrapped black with creases and bubbles all over the place. The body kit was fastened with drywall screws, and the paint job was rattle canned... Needless to say, I was not happy. I wasted $800 on tickets for me and my cousin to go down and look at it (he stayed at the airport with the cash). So now, I try to stick to places in driving distance. Unless like you said, you are in the area..

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys