Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-15, 07:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
you should bring out one of your cars to the "we hungry" meet. it's today (sunday)

marietta billards. a lot of cars are coming out.

SC crew is meeting at the QT at pleasantdale off the hwy exit. rolling out at 130pm sharp.
Many of us do not go to public meets due to the fact that they are now breeding grounds for crooks to check out which car to steal. You display your car , so they know which is the better car to target. They follow you and investigate where you live and observe your activities / schedule.

A friend lost his $30k car in his place on the second day after the last meet we have been. So if we meet, we go to someone's place,..eat and drink and be merry... we know every one. No strangers.

Many of the kids on that SC Crew knows me, a good number have been in my place and have seen my cars. Many times I even get calls from guys I don't even know and just say they have heard about me from the group.

Sorry , these public meets are not for me . But if it is with a couple of people without strangers to go meet / eat / drink in a private place or a restaurant .... I am cool with it !

Last edited by gerrb; 04-26-15 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-26-15, 09:36 AM
1SICKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Many of us do not go to public meets due to the fact that they are now breeding grounds for crooks to check out which car to steal. You display your car , so they know which is the better car to target. They follow you and investigate where you live and observe your activities / schedule.

A friend lost his $30k car in his place on the second day after the last meet we have been. So if we meet, we go to someone's place,..eat and drink and be merry... we know every one. No strangers.

Many of the kids on that SC Crew knows me, a good number have been in my place and have seen my cars. Many times I even get calls from guys I don't even know and just say they have heard about me from the group.

Sorry , these public meets are not for me . But if it is with a couple of people without strangers to go meet / eat / drink in a private place or a restaurant .... I am cool with it !
Just because you go to a meet doesn't mean you have to pop your hood or broadcast what you got under the hood

advertising or over the top bragging at a meet is alot of reason why cars get stolen

also strangers aren't the only ones you have to worry about most home invasions or car thefts are from people you dealt with or know personally
Old 04-26-15, 11:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKGT
Just because you go to a meet doesn't mean you have to pop your hood or broadcast what you got under the hood

advertising or over the top bragging at a meet is alot of reason why cars get stolen
That is the problem right there....easier said than done. That is not always the case in meets. Some people know you and your car. They will ask you to check out your engine bay even if they already have seen it tons of times or they are trying to show it to a friend of theirs who have never seen it. So as not to make people feel bad , what will you do ? pop it up.....so you might as well avoid the situation. And as I have mentioned meets / car shows are not for everyone. I am not into them.

Originally Posted by 1SICKGT
also strangers aren't the only ones you have to worry about most home invasions or car thefts are from people you dealt with or know personally
All I said is you prevent those strangers from having an opportunity to get you when you don't go to meets or car shows. At least you take care a part of the equation. No one is contesting what you just said cause truly it happens. The very people whom you know or consider friends can be the pieces of sh?t who will do you wrong . It always happen.

Every one has their own thoughts about meets and car shows !

Last edited by gerrb; 04-26-15 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-26-15, 01:29 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

^Then I have nothing to worry about at those car meets. All I have is old, high mile, stock crap.
Old 04-26-15, 05:04 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb

yeah, I am the same way. People ask me all the time to bring the car out, go cruising, take it down to the track, etc. I always say no thanks. It's bad enough that I can't drive by a head without it turning. So I keep to myself and keep them guessing. Except when that Tial blows off next to them. Then I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together haha

But your best off to not show it off to everyone
Old 04-26-15, 08:58 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

my car breaks a lot of necks on the daily, and i'm not worried. i still take it out everyday haha

it was pretty chill today, a bunch of people met up, we all had food at the bar, chatted and just hung out.

these bigger meets are less risky, there are plenty of more desirable cars with tons of money in them. there were a couple of hondas with at least 20k into mods alone that were show cars. bring one out and enjoy it with us all one day, it'll be fun. best part was cruising to the meet itself, i just smile seeing all the SC's roll together.
Old 04-27-15, 03:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SC400slide
^Then I have nothing to worry about at those car meets. All I have is old, high mile, stock crap.
You never know , lol. But surely thieves would always scout for cars from which they can make more money . They get caught , it will be the same jail sentence anyway... hahaha.

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
yeah, I am the same way. People ask me all the time to bring the car out, go cruising, take it down to the track, etc. I always say no thanks. It's bad enough that I can't drive by a head without it turning. So I keep to myself and keep them guessing. Except when that Tial blows off next to them. Then I'm sure they can put 2 and 2 together haha

But your best off to not show it off to everyone
We all have our own likes & dislikes , ways of doing things in life.

my car breaks a lot of necks on the daily, and i'm not worried. i still take it out everyday haha

it was pretty chill today, a bunch of people met up, we all had food at the bar, chatted and just hung out.

these bigger meets are less risky, there are plenty of more desirable cars with tons of money in them. there were a couple of hondas with at least 20k into mods alone that were show cars. bring one out and enjoy it with us all one day, it'll be fun. best part was cruising to the meet itself, i just smile seeing all the SC's roll together.
That is exactly what I mean when I said, easier said than done when someone said you don't have to pop up your hood and show it off.

Most of the time, these car meets are not just meeting people, cruising and eating. A good part of it is you want to see cars especially those that had been modified. And if some people know you , they know what you have and can you say no I am not opening my hood ? You might as well did not go to the car meet.... it is a car meet which is more about the cars in my opinion.

One day, I went with my lifted truck and some friends asked me... "what the hell you came in here for ?" , lmaol, why not one of your boosted car ? So people come to see and check out cars, the crooks included.

But again, as I have said, we all have our individual likes and dislikes !
Old 04-27-15, 04:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today, I will have a bit of free time. I will start taking apart this black interior so it can be installed on the Blue Angel. Looking at recovering seats with blue stitches just like the Red Mamba's seats having red stiches .

Old 04-27-15, 04:54 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks like you don't have to do hardly and reconditioning of that interior... Looks mint just like the rest of your cars lol...
Old 04-27-15, 05:28 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

i've gotten use to my tan interior, i actually don't mind it now.

i just need a pair of bucket seats and i'm good!
Old 04-27-15, 11:14 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow those seats are in great condition..
Old 04-27-15, 01:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looks like you don't have to do hardly and reconditioning of that interior... Looks mint just like the rest of your cars lol...
The black interior coming from my 1997 is indeed in pretty good condition .

i've gotten use to my tan interior, i actually don't mind it now.

i just need a pair of bucket seats and i'm good!
Are you gonna install aftermarket seats ?

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Wow those seats are in great condition..
Thank you !
Old 04-30-15, 02:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Browsing through craiglist this morning, I found a set of wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials 305/35R18 on 18x11 and Nitto 555 245/45R18 on 18x9.5 for $680 .... just the perfect setup for my Blue Angel .I just need to roll the fenders. Hard to beat that price. Just the Mickey Thompson tires would already cost that much. The moment I saw the ad, talked to the person selling them and told me he was willing to take $680 if I pick them up right away which I did.

Should go lower once engine and coilovers are installed

perfectly flushed to the fender

Last edited by gerrb; 04-30-15 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-30-15, 02:21 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This Blue Angel will get some serious power so it needs the right fuel system.

-10AN fittings on both ends on a 1 inch ID fuel rail with 6 x Siemens Deka 2433cc injectors that are Ethanol / Race & Pump gas friendly.

I probably can run a honda civic / accord with just one of these injectors being 2433cc each....lmaol.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-30-15 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-30-15, 07:28 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ugghhhhh Jelly of wheels, I browse CL almost everyday, and cant believe I miss these.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys