Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-14, 10:55 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

uuuugggghhhhhh that's one nice clean car!
Old 08-09-14, 12:57 PM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im in love with this thread
Old 08-09-14, 02:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
uuuugggghhhhhh that's one nice clean car!
Originally Posted by sunny416
im in love with this thread
Thanks guys .

Since the 1997 is an original 5 speed , I guess I don't need to convert Red Mamba TWO into a 5/6 speed car. It will be the Black Pearl that will be the 6 speed SC .

It will definitely have more power than Black Mamba (RM1) . Today I was playing around with the wheels/tires and wanted to see if the MT Et Street tires will fit .. they were perfect , the quarter panel lips on this car had already been cut. I will see if I can find better looking wheels 16x9 or 16x10 offset 44-50mm without breaking the bank. I have no intentions of making this a bling bling car and spend tons in making it look good. I would rather put the money into the drive train. Besides, I have no more money to spend.. hahaha...I have to take it in stride. .I will keep this car simple but should have the mod to support the power . Black Mamba will be my bling bling SC since the engine bay is already all bling bling. Everything is running good on that car so I am not touching anything on that car . All it needs now is a good black paint job .

Old 08-09-14, 06:05 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So that's how the tire/wheel setup would've looked on my sc
Old 08-09-14, 06:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
So that's how the tire/wheel setup would've looked on my sc
yeap ..
Old 08-10-14, 09:06 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All business with an OEM look! Curious why not run the TT wheela with a thick MT street radial? Does the 16 give more sidewall?
Old 08-10-14, 09:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HiPSI
All business with an OEM look! Curious why not run the TT wheela with a thick MT street radial? Does the 16 give more sidewall?
Yes sir ..the 16 gives more sidewall than the 17" TT wheels. You are right , OEM looks simple and just plain business all around.

There are a two reasons why I am running the 16" . One is when my friend sold me that built engine with CP Pistons and Crower Rods, he included these 16" NA wheels for cheap and with tires. Then second, I saw these 295/50R16 Mickey Thompson Street ET II Radial tires on a local craigslist ad. They wanted $380 for the two . I knew they were at least $460. And on the ad they said $380 or make offer. I offered $300 which I thought wouldn't accept but to my surprise they did so I grabbed them being brand new. That's how I came up with them ...got a good deal on wheels and tires.

But if I had to choose just like what I am still wanting to run on the Black Mamba , I will take size 15x10 wheels and then run 325/50R15 MT Street ET II tires. That is the best sidewall for big hp cars and looks massive. A lot of supra guys use that combo with Weld RT-S wheels ... looks nasty.
Old 08-10-14, 01:18 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those 16" wit MT tires looks even better wit Black Pearl Gerry. I really like those combo, w/c is im goin the same route with my SC. Keep us posted what you come up with the Black Pearl, power plant wise.
Old 08-11-14, 06:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
those 16" wit MT tires looks even better wit Black Pearl Gerry. I really like those combo, w/c is im goin the same route with my SC. Keep us posted what you come up with the Black Pearl, power plant wise.
NA wheels are not expensive. You should be able to get them between $200-300. And the MT tires from Summit are around $230 each.

The Black Pearl is getting all brand new drivetrain. I am using the new v160 / diff and axles I got from the Toyota dealership. Soon I will have the 3.4 liter engine I got built. I don't know if I want to try the built engine from my buddy that could support around 1krwhp am sure with the kind of internals it has. Still looking at my options.

I think the name Black Pearl suits it and I will keep its name since it will have one of my best drivetrain. But I want it to be a good street car , not a dyno queen or a lag monster. I want to be able to have fun with it just like the Red Mamba and not just be a garage queen. I am not yet sure if a 72 or 74 or 76mm turbo with nitrous will be a good fit for it. I love my 7685 that is on my stroker Supra . Need to do a good research. I want a fun car, not a lag monster but with enough power to support my ego on the streets .
Old 08-16-14, 06:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Haven't had time to sand down the Black Mamba so it can be painted. Today I will take out the 1uzfe out of the beige SC as soon as I am done cleaning up a friend's 2jzgte wiring harness for his SC. He said his car is not runnning in all cylinders and one of our friends who was a chief mechanic at a Lexus dealership said he believes it is a harness problem. Regardless what the problem is , will clean up the harness then get the 1uzfe out. Another friend is installing it on an AE86 as a drift car.

Old 08-16-14, 01:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My last 1uzfe drivetrain ...going, going, going. Getting good and faster in removing the SC drivetrain. I find it hard to let go of this 1992 Beige SC even if I just got the Black Pearl. I guess its because it has a clean carfax history , clean title and in another 2 - 3 years , all my 3 1992 SCs wouldn't have to undergo any DMV inspections and pass emissions though there are work arounds for now .

Old 08-17-14, 12:07 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

makes me glad mine's a 92. cant wait for no emissions!
Old 08-19-14, 12:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
makes me glad mine's a 92. cant wait for no emissions!
YES !!! In less than 3 years .. our 92's are free from any inspections or emissions.
Old 08-19-14, 12:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For those who will use the 2jzgte Wiring Harness Made Easy Thread to build their GTE harness from an Aristo 2jzgte / SC harness ,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...made-easy.html

If you will start with an SC harness as your base , a piece of advice will be to clean up that harness. Remove every wire that you do not need .

Do not cut wires and just leave them open... especially live (+12v) wires. You are asking for trouble if you do so ..... just like these....

And take away connectors that are not needed . It will make your harness look clean and easier trouble shoot later when you have problems... like this harness had the auto tranny wiring but it was useless cause the solenoid pins where not wired and another speed sensor connector ws missing. It was the stock 2JZGE auto trans wirings that where just left around. Also if you are not gonna complete the diagnostic port wirings/pins or if you are on stand alone, you might as well remove that diagnostic port.

Just finished cleaning up the SC300 2jzgte harness of a friend. I would help him out this Saturday get his car running. Hopefully it will run the way he expects it. He said he had spent lots of money on the car and harness and doesn't have a good running car yet.

From a sphagetti junction

To a much cleaner harness

The coil of wires / connectors is what I got out of his harness that are not needed.

Old 08-19-14, 01:26 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Gerry how man harnesses have you built now haha.....

I am seriously thinking about buying spare aristo and sc300 harnesses an building them for swaps

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys