Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-14, 07:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Why don't you leave that one alone /complete and just enjoy it?

I wouldn't change a thing on it...
Exactly what me and some other local friends would have done if we right away have the amount of cash our good buddy Aaron needs. There is a specific time frame he needed a specific amount. So it was decided to sell those stuff that can go quick.

No one wants to part it out to be honest...neither do I but wrong timing in terms of funds. A couple of high dollar items have been basically been sold and taken out.

I even posted 3 of my trucks for sale just not to part it out but selling a vehicle takes time.

I really wish as Aaron well knows I would have kept everything intact and just enjoy it. We just have to do what we had to do to help our good friend.
Old 08-03-14, 07:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

LMAOL , only 2 of my local forum member friends knew what I was after yesterday . I couldn't let this $1k 1997 SC300 pass my way. The thing is ...this has been for sale for more than 2 months and no one was grabbing it even at a ridiculuously low price. Classic example of our SC boats not selling at the prices we want.. And yet we all know that just the oem 97 body kit , you see them for sale at that price.

It is a small world , before I even reached back GA , a picture was already circulating among my other local friends.. At around 5 pm a friend of ours who is driving a truck took this picture while we were in the mountains of TN. I didn't even know he was around me ..lol. He sent it to another friend and was sent to me at around 5:30 but didn't check my phone till almost midnight since I had my attention on some problems with the front 4x4 differential of the Tahoe...diff seals swelled and was leaking oil. I didn't even think I would have made it home.

Damn , these 97+ are really beginning to grow on me..

Last edited by gerrb; 08-03-14 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-03-14, 08:15 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice grab! You Sir, are my hero! lol

steve
Old 08-03-14, 08:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice grab! You Sir, are my hero! lol

steve
hahaha... now you know why I didn't answer your text message early yesterday afternoon.. same as with the others I din't answer cause I had a problem with my Tahoe.. my stupid 4x4 front diff... 2WD brought me home..... sorry

You know this car was here on the forum lexus car classifieds for a while and other sites.. was wondering no one was picking it .
Old 08-03-14, 09:32 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

red mamba 3 lmao .
Old 08-03-14, 11:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
red mamba 3 lmao .
oh shoot ... nah , a local friend is using the shell for a new project . I am just getting what I need out of it. Stuff I can use for my cars. I get what I need for free.. hahaha . A friend have been buggig me about this shell even before I got it..lmaol.
Old 08-03-14, 11:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now my Black Mamba has door moldings and 97 rear lights

Old 08-03-14, 02:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

you definitely got a deal.. same thing happened to me recently with a rare body kit for the GS... a member and i came to an agreement and with both made out and got we wanted in the end...
Old 08-04-14, 06:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
you definitely got a deal.. same thing happened to me recently with a rare body kit for the GS... a member and i came to an agreement and with both made out and got we wanted in the end...
Oh yeah ... good deal . Got the whole body 97+ body kit with tail lights FREE . I just had to install the 1992 front and rear bumpers and tail lights from my Red Mamba ONE to make that car a complete shell externally. Though there are always certain risks picking up a car from afar . Anything can happen.. like I almost didn't make it home with my Tahoe's 4x4 diff having problems of oil leaks . Shoot , imagine getting two cars and a tow dolly towed 150 miles away where I started having problems.

I just installed that rear bumper from that car to my Red Mamba ONE just to make it more look descent while it hasn't been painted. I still take the car for a spin so not to get the battery dead and I love playing around with it. Yesterday I used it to Walmart and I parked near a new BMW 3 series. Freaking dude who drives it , looked at me as though my car was plaqued with desease (since it is techni-colored with bondo here and there since I am working on the small dings and dents, front bumper is blue , rear bumper is black ). As though I can read his mind telling me, you better not put that raggeddy looking car near my new BMW and scratch mine... . Deep inside me , I was saying, you won't even freaking get near my tail on the road... hahaha.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-04-14 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-04-14, 08:12 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

HaHa Gerrb, if only he knew of the "WOLF" in sheep's clothing! lol

steve
Old 08-05-14, 05:37 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad it all worked out and you got it home safely, man! It was nice meeting you!
Old 08-06-14, 07:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Glad it all worked out and you got it home safely, man! It was nice meeting you!
Hey Trenton , it was a pleasure to me you. Thanks for one heck of deal. $1k for a 1997 SC300 was definitely worth taking a risk picking it up even if it was a long trip and almost didn't make it home due to the 4x4 diff problem I had.

A friend is gonna use the shell and I have used the body kit / tail lights and will keep drivetrain. It will come handy. I have 3 complete 2jzGE short blocks that's why I didn't mind the car having thrown a rod on the side of the block.
Old 08-07-14, 11:22 AM
brandenGs3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gerb ill trade you in a heart beat for that 97 black on black. very beautiful
Old 08-07-14, 11:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by brandenGs3
gerb ill trade you in a heart beat for that 97 black on black. very beautiful
Brandon - thanks but it ain't going anywhere at least for now ... hard to tell what life ahead will bring but if I can prevent it from leaving me, I will ... ... we always change our minds but there are a lot of reasons why this SC should be my best SC for a long long long time. Just the fact that it is one of the 120 1997 5 speed SC300 from the factory and still in great condition is a good reason to consider keeping it for good.
Old 08-07-14, 05:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
HaHa Gerrb, if only he knew of the "WOLF" in sheep's clothing! lol

steve
hahaha.. on the Black Pearl I hope to do better than Red Mamba ONE

I had it and lost it by passing it to Aaron just because I wasn't fond of the 1997 front facia. Never again should I loose it not unless life circumstances forces me to sell it. Thankfully my good buddy Aaron allowed me to take it back.

Who will not be in love with this car ? 1 out of 120 ... maybe not even 100 are running this date. This car based on carfax / autocheck history and its odometer has only 115k miles. Eventually it will have a real good drive train so it can really stand beside any new car and stand its ground even if it is around 17 year old car.

Pictures doesn't do justice to this car ...

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys