Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 06:27 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or sell all except for the Red Mamba 1 and buy mine and make a Black beauty with it! LOL
Old 07-29-14, 04:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Gerry, why not paint it yourself?

You know you can do anything with very little effort. You sir, are the jack of all trades, and MASTER of none. I say sell all the SC's, pocket maybe 100K and start over. LOL. Maybe get a Tundra truck or something. Something new and exciting. You have to be getting bored with all these SC's. Lets be for real...

I love you man.... I thought I would stop in and see how the Red Mamba was doing and wanted to say hello..

Looking good as always...
hahaha.. it might come to that... painting it myself. I want to learn and do it myself . ...$3500 for a paint job ??? I would rather be satisfied with ordinary looking SCs as long as they are good sleepers.

Shoot , I ain't selling all the MKIVs. Maybe one of them once my second SC project is done so I can recoupe a bit my investments and make a little on the MKIV. They are the only one I am assured I can get back my investment after enjoying them since I got them for a good price. Selling built SC , I haven't seen or known anyone to have gotten back what they invested by selling a built SC not unless they got the parts they used in their build for nothing. Performance cars are more often than not money pits and bad investments ... plain and simple.

Damn I know that Tundra of yours is a freaking nice looking truck. It looks like a Bulldog . I like it man. But I am done with trucks , In fact I am selling my lifted GMC Sierra , Chevy Avalanche and Chevy Tahoe if you know one interested ..even for a trade for something I want.

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
Or sell all except for the Red Mamba 1 and buy mine and make a Black beauty with it! LOL
Aaron , you know what I want and am doing now .....pm sent .
Old 07-29-14, 07:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While I am contemplating what I really want to do with Red Mamba One whether it will be stock bodied or use the Shine ACS or OEM 97 body kit , I have decided to work on the engine which I got from a friend. Since I only paid $2k for the engine and I already sold the HKS cam gears / 1000cc injector & rail out of it, my real cost on the said engine with that big *** intake is only $1400 now. I was trying to sell it and go as low as $5000 ..way below my friend paid for it which was $10k but nobody local wanted it. I hate shipping big stuff and I wanted the buyer to inspect it personally so there are no mis-understandings. So I might as well use it and see what it will give me while my 3.4L stroker motor is still at a Supraforum Sponsor shop. Got nothing to loose on this one. Mind you , it is a fully built engine . It's leakdown numbers are excellent so it is now a good engine that can easily withstand 800-1000rwhp abuse especially with the kind of internal parts it has. I will use this for now on Red Mamba TWO and let the 3.4 stroker engine be a standby engine for my cars.

Started cleaning the upper rear sump oil pan I had since the engine came with a front sump.

You can tell this damn engine barely had any miles..

CP Pistons ... dropped a bit of used oil down there so the CP logo is seen...otherwise the CP pistons look like really new

Crower Billet Rods with 90287 bolts

ARP Main Studs

It also has ARP Head Studs and Crower 264 cams

[/URL]

There seems to have some porting on the head and parts looking at the intake are new. Was told it has +1 valves

ALL THAT for $1400 . You can't beat that freaking deal . It pays off to be nice to others at times. Somehow someone else repays your kindness. As they used to say KARMA is a biatch and at the same time good KARMA is rewarding.

I am pretty sure this baby will be able to withstand an 800-1000rwhp abuse with the right ProEFI tune so will get it installed to start with ....the Red Mamba TWO.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-31-14 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 10:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just finished cleaning up the oil pans

To even make them look better I used HIGH TEMP Paint to paint the exposed parts only of oil pans.. both upper and lower ..

Old 07-29-14, 10:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Toyota FIPG does a very good job in sealing

All 14mm and 12mm bolts in .. just need to torque them down , 12mm at 15 ft/lbs and 14mm at 29 ft/lbs

Bottom end all closed and ready . Since this will be revved higher , time to look for a good deal on an ATI Dampener ..

Three things am doing here , just like I did with Red Mamba ONE, I am taking out the 2jzgte stock oil cooler since It is actually a big restriction of oil flow as per tests done by PowerHouseRacing. Then , I am installing an oil filter relocator and an external oil cooler. But this time I will use the 2jzge OIL filter bracket since I won't have as many sensors I had with RM1 where gauge sensors where different with the ECU fail safe sensors. Gauges on RM2 will be not as many. Only the ECU will have all the necessary fail safe sensors.

This is a 2jzge filter bracket which I painted and will use instead of the 2jzgte bracket

Last edited by gerrb; 07-29-14 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 05:53 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Looking good gerrbs!
Old 07-29-14, 06:08 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Loving the engine build man.....reminds me of when I did mine....

Thats a killer deal $1400 for a built engine....
Old 07-30-14, 09:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Looking good gerrbs!
Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Loving the engine build man.....reminds me of when I did mine....

Thats a killer deal $1400 for a built engine....

Thanks guys !

RED MAMBA ONE Update :

I finally made up my mind after trying all possible looks (Shine AC style body kit, 97+ OEM style body kit , 95 front bumper , 92 front bumper) . For the Red Mamba ONE , I am staying with the 95-96 front bumper with a front lip and 97+ side skirts / door mouldings and rear bumper .They are all OEM parts which means are more durable than any aftermarket kit since they are made of polyurethane. In the past I am bad in damaging kits that had fiberglass components. They surely can't take as much beating as the OEM parts.

One thing is , I still SOMEHOW wanted to have a stock SC look since these SCs are supposed to be sleepers and not show cars. I just love the look on the faces of people when you pass them and probably are wondering what is under the hood of that old car.

Though I was thinking of molding the front lip into the front bumper and make that line groove (just like that of the Shine ACS ) to show the continuity of the body line from the side skirts to the front and rear bumpers. I don't know how that will pan out.. .will experiment

IF you observe the Shine AC style kit , its front bumper has a goove that kinda create the perception of continuity from the side ..

Same thing at the rear bumper of the Shine AC Style kit. There is a line groove at the rear bumper as though it has a lip ... which I am thinking of doing with this rear bumper ... .. I will see how it goes...

Last edited by gerrb; 07-30-14 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-30-14, 01:26 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I tell you bro, you and Mark are some Awesome guys! Always willing to help out by lending a hand, and or knowledge...it's guys like you that keep this forum going! Thanks! I knew Mark was going to some how slip in the Tundra statement! lol Hey Mark, can I drive your Tundra? haha

steve
Old 07-31-14, 05:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
I tell you bro, you and Mark are some Awesome guys! Always willing to help out by lending a hand, and or knowledge...it's guys like you that keep this forum going! Thanks! I knew Mark was going to some how slip in the Tundra statement! lol Hey Mark, can I drive your Tundra? haha

steve
Thanks Steve for the kind words. Been badly burnt before with these toys. Forced myself to learn and at the same time try to help whoever I can in as much as I can both local and even people I have never met who send messages to me or call me. And I can honestly say , it pays to be nice . On the contrary , be a piece of sh?t and it will hunt you back...there goes the saying KARMA is a biatch.

Mark I would say is indeed a guy who is nice and will give the shirt off his back. And I freaking love that Tundra too... just mean looking.

Back to Red Mamba ONE Update :

Now that I have finalized how I wanted the car to look externally using OEM kit , this car will be painted black (in and out) .. it will be the BLACK MAMBA .. ( Don't we always change our minds or what we want ? ) My second SC whose 1000rwhp drivetrain am preparing now will be the only RED MAMBA for me.

It will be nice to have a black and red but both without spoilers. ( maybe the RED MAMBA will have ??? here we go again , can't make up my mind ) . I will install the 97+ rear tail lights and the door mouldings on this Black Mamba (Red Mamba One NO MORE).

For those who wants a complete 97+ oem body kit from front bumper (with fogs / grille) to the rear in RED COLOR , I still have that set I was hoarding for this car. Now I can finally let those go. I have decided to use the black sides & rears for this car as you can see . I sold the black 97+ front bumper since that look hasn't grown on me yet. The second SC will definitely stay 92 look.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-31-14 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-01-14, 06:02 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

There is something on a Black SC that is so captivating . Even if I now have a black 1997 SC300 5 speed shell , Red Mamba ONE will still be painted BLACK and will get the 97+ rear tail lights. Thanks to Aaron (geauxsimon) for giving me the opportunity to take back this gorgeous Black Pearl !

Last edited by gerrb; 08-01-14 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-01-14, 06:07 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Before I started parting the drive train of the Black Pearl , I took it for a spin near the subdivision clubhouse and the pictures speaks for themselves, this car is simply gorgeous so parting even the shell will be a shame. I will instead put in one of my best drive train on it .

Old 08-01-14, 06:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 08-01-14, 07:29 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Hell yea.....SC couldnt of found a better home....Cant wait to see it transformed into a monster...
Old 08-02-14, 05:35 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why don't you leave that one alone /complete and just enjoy it?

I wouldn't change a thing on it...

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys