Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 03-31-12, 02:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Once you have removed the 2 computer plugs , there are 5 body plugs you need to take out .

Old 03-31-12, 02:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This one was a bi*ch for me to take out

Old 03-31-12, 02:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

remove the bottom cover of the glove box to have access to one plug you need to take out

Old 03-31-12, 02:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

These are all the plugs that needed to be unplugged before you can pull out that engine harness ...

Old 03-31-12, 02:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now from the engine bay , you are ready to pull out that harness ...

Dont try to pull it all at the same time, they will get caught up with something inside and you will be going back and forth trying to untangle things from the inside. It will be good if you have someone pushing them from the inside... Get the body plugs first then the computer plugs...

Old 03-31-12, 02:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now the harness is out ... next is disconnect the fuel lines , unbolt transmission cross member 4 bolts and unbolt the mounting bolts and that engine can be pulled out.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-12 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 02:56 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who's doing ur engine wiring harness?
Old 03-31-12, 03:00 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
Who's doing ur engine wiring harness?
I will do the engine wiring harness ..
Old 03-31-12, 03:04 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woah u do ur own wiring also. U can't be stopped.
The following users liked this post:
yick99 (02-12-22)
Old 03-31-12, 03:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
Woah u do ur own wiring also. U can't be stopped.
Will document it here.. It aint hard...with some patience, common sense, some skills in soldering and know how to trace circuits / diagrams and know some electronic principles it can be done. I have done one before. I am not saying it will be like that of the professionals but it will work and am sure will save me $1k by doing it myself.

That is the reason I decided to document what I am doing here to share and encourage people. I knew nothing about cars...but I felt that if you are really into these toys, learn the basics . It will save you tons of money and avoid being fooled. I learned the hard way , being burnt and fooled . But it encouraged me to do things by myself now when it comes to my toys. Information needed are all out there . A matter of doing your research and comprehending the materials you get.. If in doubt about one thing, I ask the professionals...

And that feeling of being successful for having done it yourself aside from the fact of having saved tons of money ... is indescribable.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-12 at 03:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yick99 (02-12-22)
Old 03-31-12, 06:24 PM
babillarac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn Gerry you have to much free time on your hands lol. keep it up bro.
Old 03-31-12, 07:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babillarac
damn Gerry you have to much free time on your hands lol. keep it up bro.
lol, I see that you played with a camaro yesterday. Uh oh ..you watch out and better lay low on that Getrag 6 speed buddy. It can bring you trouble. First day after v160 install and you blew the gasket of your turbo , lmaol, what did i tell you ? Well , I hope the girl of the dude in that camaro didnt ask you to bring her home or you could be in big trouble.

how was the stock clutch with your power ? that wont last long . You better hurry up with that new clutch !

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-12 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-31-12, 10:53 PM
babillarac
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
lol, I see that you played with a camaro yesterday. Uh oh ..you watch out and better lay low on that Getrag 6 speed buddy. It can bring you trouble. First day after v160 install and you blew the gasket of your turbo , lmaol, what did i tell you ? Well , I hope the girl of the dude in that camaro didnt ask you to bring her home or you could be in big trouble.

how was the stock clutch with your power ? that wont last long . You better hurry up with that new clutch !
I am divorce,if she was hot ,i would gladly take her home . The guy was tailling me for about 2 miles ,i change lanes and he kept following me so i drop it to second and nail it. i bet he is not gonna mess around with another 240 in awhile

because i am using my baby tires and the car is light does'nt seem that bad . you right i am getting the funds for it, i sold the built r154 i had and the guy also gave me another stock r154 so i went to order the marlin crawler upgrades and they are all on back order .thats suck cause i already had the stock one sold if i was able to build it by the end of next week .
Old 04-01-12, 08:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babillarac
I am divorce,if she was hot ,i would gladly take her home . The guy was tailling me for about 2 miles ,i change lanes and he kept following me so i drop it to second and nail it. i bet he is not gonna mess around with another 240 in awhile

because i am using my baby tires and the car is light does'nt seem that bad . you right i am getting the funds for it, i sold the built r154 i had and the guy also gave me another stock r154 so i went to order the marlin crawler upgrades and they are all on back order .thats suck cause i already had the stock one sold if i was able to build it by the end of next week .
Some women like it hot .. hot rods one of them .. lol. Well I don't know with some of these domestics. They think having a V8 is being a king and start taunting imports. That is the reason I want a sleeper... slowly build it with the power I want. Got no money to build something like my 6 speed mkiv. Will do it slowly as funds permit, so will have to get it running stock first.

Yeap , what 2800lbs ? is that what the 240 weigh in ? Hmmm.. so you are building another r154 ? How much will it cost to have a stock r154 and get it build and gather all the parts needed to slap it in a 2jzgte ? Isn't it going to be near the v160 getrag figures ?
Old 04-01-12, 08:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today when I woke up told myself , lets get it done !!!! I wanted to rock and roll with that 1UZFE engine .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys