Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 06-19-13, 10:24 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truly Amazing Mr Gerrb details n all!!! You are my f@ckn IDOL man LOL!!
Old 06-20-13, 05:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
this is engine is amazing... lots of blood sweat and tears in this build.. very nice ..
Thank you sir ! Been through a lot ... though at the end of the day it is very gratifying knowing that I have accomplished my goal . I could have simply bought a good running 2jzgte SC or got a well known motor shop to do it for me just like my MKIVs but having done literally everything from electrical, mechanical and what not on this car , the feeling is really unmatched most especially that my education and profession had nothing to do with cars. I guess my past bad experiences getting these cars built had help me a lot be determined to do it myself.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Truly Amazing Mr Gerrb details n all!!! You are my f@ckn IDOL man LOL!!
Let's get yours going buddy ! You can do it ! And will help you out . Man, every time I fire this car up , the satisfaction and gratification one feels is a lot more than when I fire up my 1000+rwhp MKIVs.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-20-13 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-23-13, 09:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

After some careful thought , I have decided to separate the nitrous supply for the NX N-tercooler nitrous system from the NX Engine Lightning nitrous system. Here in Georgia, I have read that if you are caught with your nitrous lines for the engine open while driving on public ways, you can be cited and be given a ticket. But I would like my N-tercooler nitrous system always be ready. Since I don't have any remote bottle openners yet , I decided to separate the lines.

one line goes to the front to the n-tercooler loop

both lines coming from under the car

both lines join the fuel lines under
Old 06-23-13, 09:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

made sure lines are secured by zip ties

would have to put a rubber grommet on that hole to prevent any damage on the line

lines goes to separate tanks .. now I need to get a dual nitrous stand and bottle openers

AFTER I received the instructions from Jim Craig of Weldon on how to set the potentiometer for their 2345a pump , I tried using the Weldon on startup and cruising ,you could hardly hear the pump now. The Weldon 2345a enclosed in the trunk helps too. You hear it when it primes so you know that it's working but once the engine is running.. nope you don't hear it once the potentiometer is well set. Once I get into installing a sound system , I will install sound deadening / mats in the trunk to help confine the pump noise in kill mode .

Last edited by gerrb; 06-23-13 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-23-13, 01:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

i would definitely like to achieve the cleanliness in that engine bay that you have achieved.. truly stunning... I'd like to do some stainless steel sleeves on some of my rubber hoses maybe you can give me some tips.. Thanks
Old 06-23-13, 05:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

i would definitely like to achieve the cleanliness in that engine bay that you have achieved.. truly stunning... I'd like to do some stainless steel sleeves on some of my rubber hoses maybe you can give me some tips.. Thanks
ANFITTINGSDIRECT.com is the site where I bought most of my fittings and SS braided lines. It is where I found cheapest most of the fittings which can nickel and dime you. I found a few cheaper at Summitracing.com of course. So depending on what you want to do , having a good source for these stuff can help you save tons.
Old 06-23-13, 05:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I figured since I am almost done on my engine bay , it's time to get it cleaner and more presentable. Decided to paint some parts and get the exposed fender well painted...

painted the heater valve , catch can and abs . I was contemplating of taking out the ABS but not now ...maybe tomorrow I will have time to paint that fender well

Old 06-23-13, 06:18 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
ANFITTINGSDIRECT.com is the site where I bought most of my fittings and SS braided lines. It is where I found cheapest most of the fittings which can nickel and dime you. I found a few cheaper at Summitracing.com of course. So depending on what you want to do , having a good source for these stuff can help you save tons.
thanks, i was just planning on doing the some sleeves to go over the existing rubber.. i've seen a few kits on ebay as well as summit etc... I maybe PM'ing U with a few questions during the week if u don't mind..
Old 06-23-13, 07:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thanks, i was just planning on doing the some sleeves to go over the existing rubber.. i've seen a few kits on ebay as well as summit etc... I maybe PM'ing U with a few questions during the week if u don't mind..
no problem sir .. anytime !
Old 06-24-13, 06:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

left fender wheel well painted ..

Old 06-24-13, 08:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Did a little bit more high temp black painting

getting things dry .. that turbo exhaust is an eye sore.. I wonder what's best. I hate to spend $200 for a dei turbo blanket to match with the dei wraps i have on the manifold and downpipe.

Old 06-24-13, 10:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I wonder now if it is better to leave the chrome cover for the ABS out .. what you think ?

Last edited by gerrb; 06-25-13 at 06:00 AM.
Old 06-25-13, 07:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Well , I have no more 3k3 garnett pearl paint.. need to order some before I can continue painting the other fender wheel well or other part of the engine bay. So , for today thought of working on something else on the car ..

I was thinking on how to fit in 12.50" or 13.1" wide M/T ET street radial tires so I can have better traction . I need to have the right Weld RTS offset plus of course my quarter panel fenders need some work. Either they be rolled , pulled or needing an overfender or wide body at the back .. I don't know. In as much as I can I want to avoid any major body modifications so I don't go far from being a stock look thus being a sleeper.

Decided to see how far I can go pulling that fender out. Got a 4 ton puller at harborfreight and got to work. Experimented on the car I am parting out .. .and damn .. with a few stroke , I got a pretty good pull.. or rather was able to push that fender really out. Take note that our SCs have an inner liner so those using the phonebook or bat method , all you get is being able to pull the tip of the fender which more often than not looks like a small over fender. .. so I guess the best is really pushing that inner wall outwards ..

I will experiment on the parts car and see how much pull I can get out of it.

The 4 ton puller kit

with just a few push ... got this .. am sure it can go a lot further..

Last edited by gerrb; 06-25-13 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-25-13, 10:08 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you putting the other side of the 4 ton puller? Is it pushing the other side As
Well?Awesome idea. I will have to use this. How much was that kit?
Old 06-25-13, 10:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jwin
Where are you putting the other side of the 4 ton puller? Is it pushing the other side As
Well?Awesome idea. I will have to use this. How much was that kit?
I used a 2x4" wood on the other end so as not to push in that part of the body were one end will rest. There are a lot of adapters you can use though on each end. The kit is around $110 right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys