Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-15, 06:44 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

not sure i like the wrinkle paint either but glad you said something first lol... a nice gloss black to match the manifold cover would look sharp or chrome pipes would look good with gloss black on the ECU box
Old 02-25-15, 06:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
not sure i like the wrinkle paint either but glad you said something first lol... a nice gloss black to match the manifold cover would look sharp or chrome pipes would look good with gloss black on the ECU box
I will redo some paint details during warmer days. It is too cold to do some painting . Right now, just wrapping and buttoning up the small things so I can use it as my daily driver. The details of cosmetics can always be revisited later.

Just finished installing the heater valve with its hoses. I hate that part of our SC . It is ugly but got no choice but to install it if you want hot air on cold days and really cool air during hot summers. It is that part that prevents or allows the hot coolant to go through the heater core.

Did bolt the harness too and I will definitely revisit the paint down the line...got a couple of scratches. That's what you get when you install the engine alone...lol.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-25-15 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-25-15, 09:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Pushing it to around 400rwhp wouldn't create as much crank case pressure than a +1000rwhp engine so I have decided to use the cheaper kind of catch can that used to be on Aaron's car. I might as well use the small stuff he left me since small stuff usually do not sell. I painted it black though since it was originally aluminum. The more expensive catch can, I will reserve for use on my next SC , the Blue Angel , since I will really be pushing that car to be another one of my street monsters. This car will be a 400rwhp run around city car .

Last edited by gerrb; 02-25-15 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-25-15, 12:58 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thing is coming along nicely.

hit me up so i can catch a ride in all your cars when you're done! haha
Old 02-28-15, 01:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

A MKIV and a built engine will be delivered to my place in the next couple of days. A trucker friend is picking it up for me.The shell used to be mine and sold it to a friend. I have the feeling either the shell or engine is staying with me for good . I tend to hoard MKIV related stuff .There was a time I had 4 MKIV . I am helping a friend recoup some of his money. He never even got to run the car since he doesn't have the 6 speed tranny yet. He spent tons of money on a lot of brand new parts from stores. As I keep on saying.. look for deals otherwise you will spend tons and end up aborting your project when funds run out.

First thing I need to let go are the wheels I don't like them. I will make a decision on the stuff listed below when I get them and see what I don't need. This car used to be black when I had it but I see on the pictures he sent me that he just got it painted red which is good cause I don't have a red MKIV.... my wife doesn't even know this deal and things that are coming. I can be sleeping on another room for a couple of days once she goes home one day and find another MKIV . The engine stuff I can easily conceal..hahaha. Just kidding, my wife is really good about not saying anything about my weaknesses .

He spent over $20k just on the following parts. All I can say is ...if you are serious in building a car with serious HP... look for deals or you will end up selling stuff for a loss if you run out of funds like my friend.

- Greddy Intercooler
- N-tercooler spray stuff
- Methanol Injection Kit
- Greddy gauges
- Double Din
- Roll Bar
- Weldon 2345a Pump & filters
- Newly upholstered front seats
- K-Sport Control Pro Coilovers
- Extended wheel studs from Titan.
- Fusion Wheels
- OEM TT 6 speed Engine Wiring Harness

- Bought a JDM Supra MKIV 6 speed engine swap
- New CP Pistons 8.5:1 from Titan
- New Carillo HD Rods with SPS Carr bolts from Titan
- New ACL Bearings
- New Oil Pump from PHR
- New Water Pump
- New Billet Tensioner
- New Dampener from Titan
- New Precision 46mm Wastegates 2x
- New Tial 50mm Blow-Off Valve
- New Full-Race Exhaust Manifold
- New BorgWarner S400SX3-72mm FMW from Full-Race
(Turbo and manifold put together by Full-Race. Those two parts alone cost him $4200)

- All accesories included
* Upper & Lower Oil Pans
* PS Pump
* Alternator
* AC Compressor

- Other stuff like NEW Weld RT-S wheels 15x10 for the rear , etc

Last edited by gerrb; 02-28-15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-28-15, 01:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

another car lol. time to build then sell. people would buy from you knowing that the build was done right. that is a clean Supra
Old 02-28-15, 01:36 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

another car lol. time to build then sell. people would buy from you knowing that the build was done right. that is a clean Supra
Hahaha....doing good to others comes back a hundred fold. On the other hand, be a piece of sh?t and you will experience a lot of misfortunes in life...KARMA. I have seen it happen to a lot of people . Didn't expect this. My friend just sent me a text and told me about it. So I said, let's do it.

Performance Cars is a business that I hate to go. Even if you did something right, a lot of end users , all they know is get the key and drive...no maintenance. Then at the end of the day , they point a finger to the builders. So building and selling is not for me.... HEAD ACHES . I am happy with the stature I have reached in my life ...not rich but enjoying my life, retired at 51, all my kids done with their university degrees, enjoying the toys I love..cars and boats ANY time and ANY day I want.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-28-15 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-28-15, 01:56 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by gerrb
Hahaha....doing good to others comes back a hundred fold. On the other hand, be a piece of sh?t and you will experience a lot of misfortunes in life...KARMA. I have seen it happen to a lot of people . Didn't expect this. My friend just sent me a text and told me about it. So I said, let's do it.

Performance Cars is a business that I hate to go. Even if you did something right, a lot of end users , all they know is get the key and drive...no maintenance. Then at the end of the day , they point a finger to the builders. So building and selling is not for me.... HEAD ACHES . I am happy with the stature I have reached in my life ...not rich but enjoying my life, retired at 51, all my kids done with their university degrees, enjoying the toys I love..cars and boats ANY time and ANY day I want.
thats awesome... able to enjoy life early is a plus.... I agree that it could be a headache down the road and people blaming you for things that can go wrong when in reality things just happen... You have a great slew of cars... Red mamba up and running yet?
Old 02-28-15, 02:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thats awesome... able to enjoy life early is a plus.... I agree that it could be a headache down the road and people blaming you for things that can go wrong when in reality things just happen... You have a great slew of cars... Red mamba up and running yet?
I fired it up yesterday and started right away. It is all stock so I it was easy to troubleshoot if ever. But I haven't brought it out on the streets cause my built ATF transmission needs oil coolers which I have yet to order. The car always start on the first try though which is a good sign.
Old 02-28-15, 02:39 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I fired it up yesterday and started right away. It is all stock so I it was easy to troubleshoot if ever. But I haven't brought it out on the streets cause my built ATF transmission needs oil coolers which I have yet to order. The car always start on the first try though which is a good sign.
My car also starts the first time everytime.......must be that great harness build thread.....
Old 02-28-15, 08:38 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerr - everything is looking great! Congratulations on the start-up.

I am trying to swap a 97+ cluster into my 93' SC and need your help. I don't have the instrument diagram. Could you post it? I also sent you a PM regarding the swap.

Thanks!
Old 03-01-15, 06:04 AM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I can't believe Mike threw in the towel after all this time with that car. He just did NOT want to spend the money on that 6 speed stuff. Hate to see he sold it. But glad that you will breathe life into it!
Old 03-01-15, 07:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
My car also starts the first time everytime.......must be that great harness build thread.....
Ryan - I always add a bottle of Patron or 1800 or Jose Cuervo with Margarita Mix on the gas tank to get it firing quick

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Gerr - everything is looking great! Congratulations on the start-up.

I am trying to swap a 97+ cluster into my 93' SC and need your help. I don't have the instrument diagram. Could you post it? I also sent you a PM regarding the swap.

Thanks!
Trenton - thanks my friend. I just posted those 93 cluster diagrams from the TIS on post 2715 for your per-usal. I don't see big differences between 92 & 93, very minor. Text me the pictures of your plugs so I can check out.

Originally Posted by N1T3MARE
Damn, I can't believe Mike threw in the towel after all this time with that car. He just did NOT want to spend the money on that 6 speed stuff. Hate to see he sold it. But glad that you will breathe life into it!
Yeap Michael is a nice guy so I promised him, I will help him get a good running 6 speed supra .It will still take him tons of money to finish this project he stated 3 years ago. It is overbuilt with all expensive brand new parts.
Old 03-01-15, 03:34 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow, you don't play around. Unfortunately I don't have 4 hours to read through the entire thread but what I saw was delicious. Regarding that Supra...no fair.
Old 03-01-15, 04:30 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was able to get my 97+ cluster swapped this morning. I cannot thank Gerrb enough for all of the help he has provided. Once I stopped being dumb, I was able to quickly wire in the new cluster and was ready to rock and roll. My car is a 93' 5 speed with a 1JZ swap and I used a 98+ cluster (see the shift pattern on my picture).

Everything works great - aside from a few things that I will figure out at a later date. I don't believe the CEL is working, and when I push the clutch in, I get 3 lights. Not really sure what's going on there, but I will figure it out. Also, I need to clean the plastic on the gauges, but that will have to be done next week.

Overall, the instructions were clear and Gerrb has provided CL with a great resource to use newer clusters instead of replacing needles and bulbs non-stop.

Thanks again Gerrb, your help is/was greatly appreciated!

On to the good stuff!

Last edited by Carfreak70; 03-01-15 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys