Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-15, 07:14 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw he wants it as a street car though once in a blue moon might go to the drag strip but he is not into that.
Old 02-11-15, 08:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
so when will the black beast be ready? or is it the Red mamba? lol
hahaha...what's up my friend. This will definitely be red.... so surely Red Mamba . You know what I was thinking .. the original red mamba will be painted white and the beige will be RSP... so I have red , white and blue. The red will be all 92 look outside, the white will be all 96 look outside and the blue will all be 97 look outside so I have all the different generations look but are all 1992 so I got no more emissions / inspections after 2 years.. . The blue will be the Blue Angel and the white... I don't know , so help me think for a name.. hahaha... I will have the 1997 SC300 5 speed as Black Pearl or Black Mamba. I told my wife, screw the GTR dream.. I am not giving up any of my MKIVs and not spending over $100k just to get same power as one of my MKIV . I will just probably get an SC 430 to complete my Lexus SC generations but it has to be a 2jzgte...;

Originally Posted by irondonkey
the only reason im looking at it is because my stock SC is getting terrible MPG.

i'm maybe at 110-120 miles, at a half tank.
You know that a boosted car won't be good on gas either in the city. All up to you , all depends on your final goals for the car. But that gas mileage you have is truly awful..something is wrong.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
btw he wants it as a street car though once in a blue moon might go to the drag strip but he is not into that.
Rey, I just hanged up the phone with your friend. Him having $20k budget for the V160 / 2jzgte and he can wrench, he might as well leave his SC300 with 1JZ / R154 alone. He and a friend helped him do the swap on that 1JZ. He said it runs good and it is his daily driver now.

I said $20k is a lot of money for someone who can wrench . He said all he need is guidance and a little help. With that amount of money I told him what he can look into and when he is ready , you can help him... hahahaha

* $1500 - SC shell
* $8500 - 6 speed 2jzgte JDM Supra MKIV swap
* $ 750 - arp hardware, head gasket , oil and water pump and miscellaneous to refresh engine
* $1000 - harness which he probably can do with a guide he said . I mentioned the 2jzgte wiring harness thread we have on the forum.

* $3000 - Engine Management (He actually can save at least $1500 here if he gets AEM Infinity which for his car's use is more than enough. He ain't tinkering with the system anyway and Infinity has good failsafes already. Our local tuners here anyway are more AEM tuners. The secret in any engine management is a good tuner. Even an ECU which is not the best like AEM v1 can be tuned right by a real good tuner. )
* $1000 - Clutch
* $ 600 - Cams
* $ 1500 - GS400 pumpkin with TRD diff
* $ 2000 - Injectors / Fuel System (he can save a lot here depending on where he gets the stuff... more likely just $1000)
* $ 2000 - Exhaust Manifold / Turbo / downpipe-midmipe / exhaust (he can save a lot here too depending on where he gets the stuff... more likely just $1500)
* $ 750 - tune

Other small things along the process. The car won't be a drag strip car ... mainly a street car. How much power does he really need ? So that 800rwhp will realistically never be used on a street car so no point of going after market pistons /. rods and incur costs at machine shop and engine building. Provided that he checks the engine he is getting with good compression and leak down.. he is good to go ..just refresh. The 800rwhp is more of a dyno number he can brag about and not really use.

So with $20k give and take and he can wrench... he can have a 6 speed 2jzgte without even tearing apart his SC300 with a 1JZ. He will have two SCs... one as daily driver and one as a toy. That for me is his best course of action. He can save a lot if he looks for good deals on the forums after all it is not something he needs ASAP. It is a project.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-12-15 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-11-15, 11:58 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
so I have red , white and blue.
Just put a decal of three stars and a sun on the white one, arrange them, and you have the Philippine flag. Truly Filipino. LOL
Old 02-11-15, 12:18 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks gerrb...I just talked to him too. He is happy that he will end up having two SCs...one daily and one a toy with v160/2jzgte for that budget he has.

Btw, name the white one "Olaf or Poto(like that pinoy bread) lol j/k pls dont ban me. Lmaol. I just finished my pork adobo(i did cooked) and its good. But all kidding aside my buddy seemed pretty happy after talking to you.
Old 02-11-15, 01:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Just put a decal of three stars and a sun on the white one, arrange them, and you have the Philippine flag. Truly Filipino. LOL
Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Thanks gerrb...I just talked to him too. He is happy that he will end up having two SCs...one daily and one a toy with v160/2jzgte for that budget he has.

Btw, name the white one "Olaf or Poto(like that pinoy bread) lol j/k pls dont ban me. Lmaol. I just finished my pork adobo(i did cooked) and its good. But all kidding aside my buddy seemed pretty happy after talking to you.
Now I smell lechon kawali with Mang Tomas Sauce here... where is it ? Been a while and that balut ....

Dan - nahhhh.. I will put 50 stars instead on the hood of the blue SC .. hahahaha .. red white and blue with the 50 stars

Rey - I need some pork adobo .. miss that too, common bring some to my place. Heck if your buddy can wrench..he could really get a lot from his budget. I told him to leave his 1JZ SC300 alone. That $20k would enable him to have another SC with a 6 speed

So if I keep three built 2jzgte SCs.....Red Mamba, Blue Angel , White Diamond and , 4th if I don't end up selling the bare shell, leave the black as Black Pearl being the cream of the crop ... rare 1997 5 speed so it should have the best drive train.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-12-15 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-12-15, 05:50 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

it would be great to see a sc430 with a 2jzgte swap. not many do that swap so it would be interesting
Old 02-12-15, 06:26 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great read going on, hmmmm...a 2jzgte swapped 430 would be pretty mean! And if anyone can pull it off correctly, it would be you Sir! Now before someone posts up and says "it's already been done", I know...but it would be great to see Gerrb do this? Gerrb, I'll hit you up a lil later.

steve
Old 02-12-15, 08:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

it would be great to see a sc430 with a 2jzgte swap. not many do that swap so it would be interesting
Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Great read going on, hmmmm...a 2jzgte swapped 430 would be pretty mean! And if anyone can pull it off correctly, it would be you Sir! Now before someone posts up and says "it's already been done", I know...but it would be great to see Gerrb do this? Gerrb, I'll hit you up a lil later.

steve
We never know. It all starts with a dream. We just got to work on that dream and make it a reality. It is not an impossible dream after all to have an SC430 with 2jzgte . That will be a lot cheaper than a 1000rwhp GTR so I believe it is doable. That made my wife happy too...no more spending on a very expensive car. When wifey is happy , every one is happy ... hahaha.

Steve - just call me anytime. If I miss the call , will call you back.

The 1997 GAUGE CLUSTER CONVERSION is almost done. Pictures and info updated on the two previous pages. I just need to test it but my fuse box and battery wiring are out of the Red Mamba since I was planning to relocate them . Since this car will be a stock twins, I will just probably leave those at stock location so I can test that harness for the cluster conversion.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-12-15 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-12-15, 09:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Decided to leave fusebox and battery where they are . It will save me a lot of time and of course money. But I did paint the fusebox cover wrinkle black so it will match other parts of the engine bay. Now I need to look for those holes I covered so I can bolt the fusebox, PS reservoir and battery tray .

Last edited by gerrb; 02-12-15 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-13-15, 11:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Initial Testing shows that 97 Gauge Cluster Conversion works. I tested two 97 clusters and both works on my 1992 SC300 . The GTE engine hasn't been dropped on the bay yet so some other tests are to be done some other time on the cluster . e.g.. speed , tach, etc.

See post # 2720 for pictures.
Old 02-13-15, 12:13 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Props on the conversion, oh boy...now it doesn't matter with gauge cluster you get...Gerrb has figured it out. You're about to get a lot of PMs on that conversion! lol

steve
Old 02-14-15, 04:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Props on the conversion, oh boy...now it doesn't matter with gauge cluster you get...Gerrb has figured it out. You're about to get a lot of PMs on that conversion! lol

steve
Thanks Steve.

If anyone wants the Cluster Wiring Diagram of any SC year from 1992-2000 let me know. I will include it on Post #2715. Right now , 1992 , 1995 and 1997 are on that post.
Old 02-14-15, 08:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It will be a while before I can work on Black Pearl so I have decided to keep it into the woods in the back yard. The less SC my wife sees , better for me (you know what I mean..haha) . I got the 3 parts SC out of my back yard and currently still have 5 and one needs to get out of my place quick but a friend ain't ready to pick it up yet.

Sure is a nice car and a rare 1997 5 speed so I hate to let go of it even if it is not a 1992 like my other 3

Black Pearl is now officially on a long time out. After all, I still have to get White Pearl (Red Mamba One) painted white, Button up Red Mamba and get it running and then install the drive train which is also ready (I will just use that built engine I bought from a friend which I buttoned up a couple of months ago here since no one was buying it. ) for Blue Angel then get it painted RSP... so it will be a while before Black Pearl can be worked on. I will have to get red , white and blue first all in good running condition and painted.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-14-15 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-14-15, 08:37 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

that is one clean 97.... hate to see in the woods lol.... but ist covered...
Old 02-14-15, 02:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

that is one clean 97.... hate to see in the woods lol.... but ist covered...
I know but it will be safe there for now. I can't work on it anyway and will be busy with red, white and blue for a while.

Got a surprise from UPS even if it was Saturday.

Last missing major part of the puzzle arrived. It was the 3500 stall torque converter for my built ATF transmission. Trying to make sure Red Mamba is ready to go at least 800rwhp when the stock twins are replaced either with an aftermarket twins or single.

This engine is all ready and am excited to see the finished engine bay of Red Mamba

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys