Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 01-29-15, 11:38 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i rode in a P85D tesla the other day, and experienced the most ridiculous torque ive ever felt in my life. i'm prepared for a ride in these cars haha
Just saw a vid of people's reaction in the P85D in hard acceleration. So which one are you?

It looked so intense! They hit 60mph in less than 2 secs. And they call the sport mode, the insane mode. LOL I'm definitely looking forward to owning one in the future.

Last edited by OG Dada; 01-29-15 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-29-15, 11:41 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Just saw a vid of people's reaction in the P85D in hard acceleration. It looked so intense! They hit 60mph in less than 3 secs. And they call the sport mode, the insane mode. LOL I'm definitely looking forward to owning one in the future.
it actually scared me... i had to grab onto the handles.

i also got a headache after a couple of launches in insane mode. all those G's and the blood rushing to the back of my head messed me up bad loool
Old 01-29-15, 12:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

IF the car was lighter (almost 5k lbs now) that 700 rwhp /. torque of the P85D will make it even better.

I am done I guess with this engine except for small things and the damn return pipe for the oil pan. I don't know where I placed it so got to search for it. Someone asked me why stock twins. I always wanted a twin setup so I am starting with a stock twins and besides once all my 2jzgte projects are done, I will have 5 single turbo cars and no twins . That is another reason why I decided to have a stock 2jzgte daily driver that can eventually be upgraded twins if I get a good deal on one. This engine already has all ARP hardware. Hopefully one day I will find a good deal on an aftermarket HKS Twin Turbo setup . They come out every now and then on SF ads. Who knows one day I can strap an HKS Twin on this car and be able to make 700-800 on a twin setup in the future. I will install an ATF tranny with 3500 stall converter so it's ready for future turbo upgrades.

had to tap the SC oil pan

you get what you pay for on these taps from HF . They are not that durable.,

installed the oil supply and drainslines.. when you take out those lines and are planning to re-install them, you make sure you don't distort the pipe's shape or you will be sorry trying to bolt those banjo bolts back on the block....learned the hard way.

Y Pipe and Exhaust gas control valve installed... I guess I am done with this engine . I can bolt it with the tranny tomorrow

Last edited by gerrb; 01-29-15 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-29-15, 12:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Alternator and Starter bolted

Old 01-29-15, 01:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

These engine and tranny are almost ready I guess. I just need to go around and check everything again and work on small things and I hope it will look good on the red engine bay of Red Mamba Two.

Old 01-29-15, 03:00 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that setup all together sitting with new paint looks phenomenal! Great work.
Old 01-29-15, 08:06 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You should paint the spark plug cover the same color you used on the bay....but either way good job man looks great
Old 01-30-15, 02:54 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Man that setup all together sitting with new paint looks phenomenal! Great work.
Originally Posted by CatManD3W
You should paint the spark plug cover the same color you used on the bay....but either way good job man looks great
Thanks guys !

Ryan , I think I would leave the drive train theme in black. I just want the red to be the background.

Didn't do much today but paint my oil dipstick tube, vacuum tank and intake support bar before bolting them on the block

I would need to cut the RMM downpipe 3 bolt flange since it was meant for the USDM twins. I got a tri-bolt flange for the JDM twins and will get it welded.

Old 01-30-15, 03:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

such and awesome build.. that engine is so clean and spotless...
Old 01-30-15, 10:48 PM
kimble01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Eyes Burning!!!

First off,
Thanks for this awesome build thread! Everything I need to spend all my money is in this thread!

I just finished reading all 180 pages...and I have a couple bones to pick:

When did the "Red Dragon" change the name to "Red Mamba"?!!!

That first build is/was excellent, PLEASE post a video of that car in action!

I love the look of the RM2. Those black rims on that red car with that black interior with red stitching is simply stunning. I haven't seen an SC I liked the look of better than that.

I was building my car when a drunk driver hit the car in front of me, and his entire wheel/rotor/bracketry went under the SC at interstate speeds. The car steered and drove to a stop. I was going to just junk it...but you have changed my mind...I'm gonna build it!

Thanks Gerb for sharing your knowledge. I'm a fan.
Old 01-31-15, 04:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks guys !

Well, I only thought of having one sleeper SC which was red to complement my MKIVs so I called it the Red Dragon. But as time passed, I got some other SCs unexpectedly... a platinum colored because I wanted its black interior. Then a beige which I got in a trade with Mark for a brand new Auto TT LSD differential . Then another member here dared me on that 1997 SC300 5 speed which was on ad on this forum that time. I gave the owner an offer through a text message while one of my buddies on this forum and I were drinking at Hooters. I was drank I guess since the 1997 never was appealing to me, lmaol. We just made a bet about that car going to GA. ..from Ohio -> NC then to GA. Next thing I knew I was in NC picking it up . I never really was a fan of the 1997 look. When I got that car , another friend asked me if he can have it and he will give me his red SC, so I unexpectedly got another red SC. Having two red SCs ... thought of calling one Red Mamba and painting the other black and be Black Mamba...that is how the name change.

Now that I got back the black 1997 SC300 5 speed whose name I kept as Black Pearl...I don't know now..lol. I will be painting my cars so I get to learn. Got nothing to loose. If I am not happy with the results then I will get them done by the professionals otherwise I have more to gain. I can always keep my cars' paint fresh or change the colors anytime if I can do things myself. Never worked on cars before either so painting I believe can be learned too.

Once all my SC projects are up and running, I will get friends to drive the others and we will go for a good ride and hopefully make a good video of all my SCs -> "gerrb's 2jzgte SCs gone wild" .... 3 or 4 of them ....hahaha. I cannot make my wife drive or even ride on my SCs or MKIVs. She hates them for a very silly reason... MKIVs have no cup holders and SCs have very small cup holders. And I managed to **** her off all the more about these cars when one day I told her we will spend the weekend in Colorado. She thought it was just a weekend rest in CO. While unpacking stuff, she noticed we didn't have a plane ticket back to GA. She looked at me and asked, "What the hell are you up to? Are you picking up a car here in CO ? Don't tell me it is a MKV ! ". I had 3 MKIVs at that time so she can't believe I was picking up another one. I just nodded and being pissed, she never even bothered to relieve me in driving the 1400 mile trip back to GA... pissed because she has to hold her big cup of soda almost the whole time till it was empty... . So now she hates my toys. Good for me . She ain't using them...

Hope this thread really entice more and more people to work on their cars ! You save tons of money and get to enjoy your car better since you know what to do when it has problems. The internet has all the info you need. You just have to verify what you read ....

Last edited by gerrb; 01-31-15 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-31-15, 10:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Found the Oil Drain Pipe from the Aristo 2jzgte I misplaced. Aristos have a front sump oil pan. It is not same with that of a USDM 2jzgte which has a rear sump oil. With little pipe bending here and there, you will be able to use it.

First I noticed my damn passenger engine mounting bracket was bolted on the wrong holes..

I had to move it towards the rear

oil pipe drain bolted

oil drain pipes bended a bit in the right direction. You have to make sure there are no kinks on those oil drain pipe. The secret of turbos lasting longer is GOOD Oil and a BIG oil drain system. The faster the oil drains out of the turbo better so it always has fresher and cooler oil. So whether you are on a twins or single, the bigger drain pipe from the turbo back to the oil pan.. the BETTER.

Old 01-31-15, 11:27 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

it would be cool to see another Gone Wild Video .
Old 02-01-15, 01:50 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Dang Gerry, still at it. Aint it time to move from these darn JZ engines and get a single Ferrari or something? LOL. What ever happened to you learning about tuning and possibly buying a dyno?
Old 02-01-15, 05:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
it would be cool to see another Gone Wild Video .
You never know.. we might be able to make one once all my SCs are done .

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Dang Gerry, still at it. Aint it time to move from these darn JZ engines and get a single Ferrari or something? LOL. What ever happened to you learning about tuning and possibly buying a dyno?
I am happy renting dyno time for now my friend. It isn't worth buying a dyno and seldom be used. I don't feel like giving myself more headaches by tuning cars. I am happy where I am right now... enjoying my life .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys