Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-15, 04:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Got another part for Black Pearl in the mail today . You want a +1000rwhp turbo without the lag of the bigger turbos ... this is it. The much hyped Precision Turbo PT6870. It's a ball bearing GEN 2 turbo. The bad boy around the block for now...a real good turbo for street monsters. As mentioned, I would eventually want the Black Pearl to stand out even in the midst of MKIVs so I am collecting the best parts for it.

Old 01-26-15, 05:00 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man those color combo red/black motor do look good. Nice work on that stock gte build, you're pretty much done. And, I thought you gonna stop spoiling your Black Pearl and focus on those 92s. Hahaha j/k... I need to come by when you fire the RM2, I'll make sure I'm off. Lol
Old 01-26-15, 05:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Man those color combo red/black motor do look good. Nice work on that stock gte build, you're pretty much done. And, I thought you gonna stop spoiling your Black Pearl and focus on those 92s. Hahaha j/k... I need to come by when you fire the RM2, I'll make sure I'm off. Lol
Thanks Rey . Well, I couldn't let that turbo pass. It was $430 cheaper ... from $2450 shipped to $2015 shipped

Heck, being a rare 1997 5 speed , I might as well build the Black Pearl as my best SC . I need to get that hoist fixed so I can drop the engine on the Red Mamba Two engine bay as soon as I am done with the engine harness.
Old 01-27-15, 10:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Started bolting all the other parts to the engine.

Left Engine Mount , Oil cooler , Oil Filter Housing and Wrap Around Coolant Pipe

Old 01-27-15, 11:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

AC Compressor and PS pump bolted

Old 01-27-15, 12:26 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You work to fast just like all your 2jz's I could see thing ready to run buy the end of next month, maybe sooner? lol
Old 01-27-15, 04:26 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

See I told ya, Airwolf, mixed with MacGyver, and a touch of Chuck Norris...this is what happens! lol
Old 01-28-15, 04:02 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

love this thread. lots of info and knowledge in here. Thanks gerrb for taking the time to take so many good pics and document all of this!!
Old 01-28-15, 05:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
You work to fast just like all your 2jz's I could see thing ready to run buy the end of next month, maybe sooner? lol
Hopefully before the end of next month. I should get the engine and tranny bolted together by the end of this week. Thing I need to do after this week will be the harness.. still trying to plan on how do I really want it ... battery relocated, fuse box relocated all wiring on top of the wheel wells relocated, igniter and filter inside the cabin... the less wire on the engine bay better. So that will be the next hurdle once I am done with the drive train before the week is over. So hopefully it will be running within Feb.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
See I told ya, Airwolf, mixed with MacGyver, and a touch of Chuck Norris...this is what happens! lol
.. no where close ... just a guy like you with determination.

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
love this thread. lots of info and knowledge in here. Thanks gerrb for taking the time to take so many good pics and document all of this!!
Thank you . Hopefully the thread encourages people to work on their cars which was the objective after all.

Pictures says a thousand words I guess so here are more ... would work on the passenger side of the engine today...

Old 01-28-15, 06:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Yesterday afternoon while I was gone, USPS delivered a package.Though I would not need these on any of my builds since my other two SCs next to Red Mamba Two have their long blocks all set up and ready , I have decided to grab them from a SF forum member since he was selling them to me for a good price. They have been on the SF ad for a bit and nobody wanted to take a risk. I guess as the saying goes, big risk takers usually benefit most can be true at times but can also be burnt.

This risk paid off... for $350 shipped , I believe you can't beat it. They are CP Pistons with 17k of miles use. Taken out by Sound Performance to install new Piston Rings and Upgraded Wrist Pins. After 5 miles of use, the owner decided to use totally brand new Wiseco Pistons and go high compression so he sold these for a crazy price of $350 shipped. People where not buying them cause the pictures posted shows as though they had scoring on the skirts.....none at all. I was surprised when I got them. They had normal wear marks. That is it. It was the lighting on the pictures posted on the Sale Ad that made them look bad. In fact Sound Performance said, they are good to go and use on a build as it is.

Pistons with new rings taken out after 5 miles from re-install pictured below. The bests part for me are the wrist pins. .230" Wall that came with it. Just the upgraded wrist pins cost a pretty penny. A set costs around $250. CP pistons usually come with .150" wall wrist pins. That becomes a weak link above 800rwhp. You got to upgrade your wrist pins if you are shooting for more than +800rwhp otherwise you are asking for trouble.

.230" Wall wrist pins that should support +1000rwhp.

My plan on these will be to send them to Swaintech to get them Gold Coated on Top and PC-9 on Skirt , their recommended Race Coating, so they can withstand a lot of heat and for better piston / cylinder wall lubrication. Even after doing that, to have a set of CP Pistons with Upgraded wrist pins and Swaintech coatings for a cost below $700 is still a steal considering that a set of CP Pistons with stock wrist pin and no dome or skirt coating is $850. It definitely is a good deal in my book and these will come handy eventually. Red Mamba One didn't have upgraded wrist pins and has same compression and size of pistons as these so they can be reserve for RM1 if something happens which I am expecting if I continually use Nitrous on that engine. Well, I didn't know more when I was working on RM1 so I used the stock wrist pins. It is a continuous learning process every day of our lives.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-28-15 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 08:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Whether you are using the stock twins or going single with an aftermarket exhaust manifold, always use the stock multi-layered metal gasket. Do not use that cheap paperboard like gasket that comes with the manifold. It won't last long and you will have exhaust leaks.

As I install more parts on the engine, it starts to sag on the engine stand and I hate to take risk of bolts snapping and throwing that whole engine on the floor so I decided to support the engine with the engine hoist ( yehey ... I figured what was wrong with mine so now it is usable again) .

Painted the heat shield with 500F engine enamel red after I painted it with Dei Silicone heat coat

Last edited by gerrb; 01-28-15 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 12:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

A little bit more to install like exhaust Y Pipe , support bars , oil drain pipes , hoses and clamps and I should be able to put it down and bolt the tranny in and be done with it.

Old 01-28-15, 12:56 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't wait to ride in this thing hehehe
Old 01-28-15, 01:31 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irondonkey
i can't wait to ride in this thing hehehe

Iron, I already called shotgun on RM1 and RM2 hahaha. Sorry.

BTW Mang Gerrb, nice pick up on those CP pistons!
Old 01-29-15, 09:49 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Iron, I already called shotgun on RM1 and RM2 hahaha. Sorry.

BTW Mang Gerrb, nice pick up on those CP pistons!
SC meet up at gerrb's place for ride alongs, yeah?!

i rode in a P85D tesla the other day, and experienced the most ridiculous torque ive ever felt in my life. i'm prepared for a ride in these cars haha

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys