Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 12-29-14, 01:46 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I took advantage of a warm winter day today . I did a lot of painting. Since I have 3 sets of JDM twins and extra GTE engine, I have no excuse in not putting together the 4th SC I have in the back yard with a BPU+++ 2jzgte making around 380-420rwhp. Got everything after all. Got a 3" RMM down/mid pipe , aftermarket twin exhaust, Greddy BCC and a boost controller. To get it ready for APU+++ with a single in the future, I will right away upgrade to two Denso pumps and add another -6an feed and a front mount intercooler (FMIC). That should get me to around 380-420rwph for now which will be perfect for a run around town car...enjoying the reliability of the stock ECU. I will keep it stock internals but with new head gasket , ARP rod bolts, ARP Main studs, ARP head studs and Clevite bearings so when all my jdm twins are blown I can push it higher with a single turbo . I figured I will keep it also a black themed engine bay so painted a lot of stuff in black. I know working with the stock twins is a pain but no one anyway will buy these freaking 3 sets of JDM twins so I might as well play with them first before going APU+++

Last edited by gerrb; 12-29-14 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-29-14, 01:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 12-29-14, 03:28 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Black on Black on Black.......lol

What paint are you using?
Old 12-29-14, 03:52 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Black on Black on Black.......lol

What paint are you using?
Hahaha, they will go on the SC with an old man's color like yours not unless I get it painted RSP blue. So I have red , white ( Red Mamba One into white ???? ) and blue plus the Black Pearl

Since it is hot on the exhaust with those turbos.. I used the Dei High Temp Silicone Coating. VHT wrinkle on valve covers , coolant pipes and Toyota 202 (glossy black) on coil cover and shroud, brake booster and catch can.
Old 01-03-15, 12:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I was in the mood to do some dis-assembly today so I went ahead tearing apart a stock GTE long block I will use with the black engine parts I just painted. One of the engines I bought previously on Craigs came with new ARP studs, Main Studs, ARP rod bolts, Clevite 77 bearings, Piston rings , oil pump , water pump and a new GTE head gasket. I will use all of them to put together the stock long block for my run around town SC. This 380rwhp car will be good for the busy streets of Atlanta . I will first hone the cylinders , do the assembly of the short block and replace the valve seals before putting together the short block and head and bolting back all accessories.

I figured this run around town 2jzgte SC will be easier to put together than my other two SCs that are under the knife for which I want them to be the ultimate 6 speed and Auto Street SC setups. I am still learning and doing a lot of research on how to fit the huge 4l80e on the SC tunnel and how to take advantage of vvti with the newer turbos and QSV on a 3.4 stroker motor. So much to learn . I hate to damage stuff just because I didn't do my homework. With the new turbos nowadays like the PT6870, we can now have 1000rwhp cars without the lag associated with big turbos.... truly monster street cars.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-04-15 at 04:33 AM.
Old 01-04-15, 10:39 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great work Gerrb, a new year is here! Beast MODE yeah! Yep, lol...

steve
Old 01-06-15, 02:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Great work Gerrb, a new year is here! Beast MODE yeah! Yep, lol...

steve
Happy New Year Steve ....since a stock swap is an easy one, am trying to put together a stock twins 380rwph 2jzgte SC as my run around town car for now. We are planning to give my daily driver Benz to my daughter and I hate to use my SUVs or Trucks as daily drivers.... damn guzzlers. I will take my sweet time on the other two SC projects since I need to learn how to take advantage / setup VVTi on the PRO-EFI / AEM Infinity ECUs. Besides I don't even have yet the PT6870 turbos and QSVs. They are damn so pricey at $2900 each wih QSV. I just hope the drive trains I have for them will be fine while they sit in my place.

I figured Red Mamba Two having a good paint will be the best candidate to build as my run around town car with a red and black engine bay theme . All the engine parts I just painted black will be perfect for a red engine bay.

It has been more than a year I had Red Mamba Two sitting , been working on its engine bay , shaving it. I decided to give it a bath. It was cold out there so I gave it a lick and a promise kind of washing

Last edited by gerrb; 01-06-15 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-07-15, 11:26 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mang Gerrb, looks like you stay busy man. I am liking that wingless look and making me wanna put my wingless trunk layin around. Hope to stop by soon and pick up some small parts from you.
Old 01-08-15, 10:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerrb, looks like you stay busy man. I am liking that wingless look and making me wanna put my wingless trunk layin around. Hope to stop by soon and pick up some small parts from you.
That extra wingless trunk you have is also white so just install it and see if you like the looks. It only takes maybe 20 minutes or less to do it.
Old 01-08-15, 10:06 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Cylinders for my run around town 2jzgte SC are honed with a 45 degree crosshatch pattern. Cleaned and checked for flatness of the deck. Next is I will check the end gaps of the new piston rings.

Old 01-08-15, 01:33 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It was very cold today but was really in the mood to put together the motor for Red Mamba Two. Even if this will be just a run around SC , I still want to push this motor to around 6-700rwhp once all my stock twins are gone and I install a single that is the reason I was beefing up its internals like new piston rings, new Clevite 77 bearings , new ARP main studs , new ARP rod bolts , new water pump and new oil pump. I will mate the head with new ARP head studs too. All these new parts I didn't spend a single cent since they came with an engine I bought after all.

Cleanliness can't be stressed enough on an engine assembly.\

I lubed the bearings and crank journals with a generous amount of assembly lube

Old 01-08-15, 01:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Short Block assembled ...new rings, bearings and ARP hardware

New Water Pump , New Oil Pump and timing belt tensioner.

Old 01-08-15, 02:07 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Fun stuff......I need to buy another GTE and build it up again....lol jk.....It was a lot of fun though and kept me busy last winter
Old 01-08-15, 02:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Fun stuff......I need to buy another GTE and build it up again....lol jk.....It was a lot of fun though and kept me busy last winter
go for it ...buy stuff slowly like a block and head then build them with aftermarket internals so you can aim for a higher RWHP if indeed you want one. Take your time. . Watch ads that are really good deals just like what I do. I get a lot of free stuff with some ads I see. Just be vigilant since good deals do not last long.

You see I am taking my sweet time on the other two SCs since I hate to pay store prices on parts I still need since they will both have stroker engines and hoping to build them as street monsters making at least 1000rwhp without the associated lag of a big turbo. I just scour the net hoping one day I will find what I still need on those cars... it is a matter of being patient my friend .
Old 01-08-15, 04:03 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Gerrb I see you're working hard as usual. So baby girl is getting the Mercedes? Nice, definitely give her the keys before she asks to drive one of the Mambas! lol

steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys