Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-14, 04:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Damn Gerrb i didnt know you are 51! You look much younger than 25 j/k Sir! But yeah you are correct, hard work pays off for sure, and definitely gotta have goals and plans ahead in life. Patient is a must that I need to adapt. lol.. anyways im looking forward to see that 3.4l in person. Never saw one before and will definitely lend a hand if you ever need.
Nobody have ever guessed my age correctly so far . Heck, with five kids, I had no choice but to work hard till they where done with their university degrees. Now , they are all grown up, it is my time to enjoy fast cars and boats which I always wanted to do when I was young but couldn't because of my family's needs being the priority. Reason why I pamper myself with all the vehicles I want now

Originally Posted by irondonkey
what a beasttttttttt

where are you getting these motors from?

i'm actually looking for a USDM 2jzGTE i want to swap into my SC.
Hey , aren't you near Satellite Blvd or Norcross St ? My place in Duluth is not far from there. Once Black Pearl and Red Mamba Two are done , they will be beastly sleepers. I want them to be very responsive street cars that would still make at least 1000rwhp. With the turbo selections now a days like a PT6870 , a 1000rwhp car doesn't have to be laggy. And that can be further helped by a QSV and/or nitrous and with a VVTi head to help spool / torque down low. I don't go to the drag strip so I want my cars to be very responsive on the streets .

Exactly the reason why I said BE PATIENT building your car. You need to search for bargain deals and they do not come often. If you buy stuff at store prices just to get your car going, your costs go high and would be tough to recoup your money when you are tired and want to dispose your toy.

Most of what I buy are usually told to me by friends and a lot are also posted on craigslist in different places. Like the last two 2jzgte where on craigslist even if one of them was mentioned to me by a friend. They have been on craigslist for a long time so I guess the guys just wanted them gone so where sold at good prices.

Finding a complete USDM 2jzgte is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I haven't seen one in a very long time. And if ever .. they are pricey. An Aristo 2jzgte non vvti now a days are priced at $2600 by JDM dealers. After replacing the oil pan, oil pump, water pump .. you are still well beyond $3k with a stock 2jzgte engine swap.
Old 11-24-14, 05:39 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup, i recall im right down the street. would love to ride in those cars once they are done hahaha

at this point, i'm pretty much getting rid of my S13 project car. i've got a bunch of high priced items in it, and will try to recoup what i put into it. i'll end up with a nice chunk of change which i want to put into the SC. i've actually just purchased another daily, 95 ES300 with 118k miles, and it's SUPER clean. one owner, lady owned.

So... I'm guessing I should just get a JDM 2jz? my plan is to go all stock everything for a while. i will just be upping the boost, and that's it. there are a couple of importers that i've seen list their motorsets right around 2200, but we all know how it is buying them online... haha
Old 11-25-14, 10:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

yup, i recall im right down the street. would love to ride in those cars once they are done hahaha

at this point, i'm pretty much getting rid of my S13 project car. i've got a bunch of high priced items in it, and will try to recoup what i put into it. i'll end up with a nice chunk of change which i want to put into the SC. i've actually just purchased another daily, 95 ES300 with 118k miles, and it's SUPER clean. one owner, lady owned.

So... I'm guessing I should just get a JDM 2jz? my plan is to go all stock everything for a while. i will just be upping the boost, and that's it. there are a couple of importers that i've seen list their motorsets right around 2200, but we all know how it is buying them online... haha
Might take a while before the Black Pearl and Red Mamba Two will be done. I am changing directions in the way I am collecting parts and building these cars and do not want to spend a ton since I am saving every penny I can save now for the Lambo killer. I know it can be done. I just have to be patient. I am not even using the motor I just got built for the Black Pearl. Got some other plans for it.

You will more likely end up with a JDM 2jz since USDM gte are hard to find. Scour the local and surrounding craigslist ads. It will be cheaper to find them locally. It saves you the $300 shipping costs.. Besides, JDM engines are a hit and miss thing. If it is local, you can go and inspect it first.

All these 2jzgte pictured below I got from our local and surrounding craigslist ads. So they are out there. As mentioned, I barely have anything on those engines now after selling what came with them that I don't need. And two of those have aftermarket internals like CP pistons, Crower and Carillo Rods that can easily handle 800rwhp. It's the way to go so you don't spend much on your project. Just be vigilant looking for good deals. There is no way I can have 5 fully built 2jzgte toys if I am buying parts at market prices from the stores.... I couldn't see it happening .

Last edited by gerrb; 11-25-14 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-25-14, 12:41 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

soon we will see the OP in TLC: i'm a 2jzgte hoarder hahaha

yeah i've been looking, please notify me when one pops up!!
Old 11-26-14, 05:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

soon we will see the OP in TLC: i'm a 2jzgte hoarder hahaha

yeah i've been looking, please notify me when one pops up!!
Hahaha , Rey had said that many times about TLC. At least I don't have to worry about grenading any engine on my 2jzgte toys with the reserves I have. The funny thing is I don't even grab stuff on the day they have been listed on craigslist ads. Like those 3 engines above have been on craigslist for at least 30 days before I bought them. Two of them have been even re-posted after 45 days. And the best among them have been on the local craigslist for at least 6 months posting it for $10k until he called me one day and said bring $2k and it is yours and now I have nothing on it after selling the other aftermarket parts that came with it. Kept me wondering why they are not being sold. I guess that helped.. sellers after a long time get impatient and will sell to whoever shows the cash even at a bargain price.

It is always the case. A lot of sellers get impatient and just want their stuff gone.... same thing with cars whose sellers badly need them gone... best deals to grab.

Last edited by gerrb; 11-26-14 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-26-14, 10:50 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

im starting my 240sx part out as well as selling my wheels soon.

i will have a nice chunk of change to swap in a stock GTE into my SC.

now to continue my research in finding out what items/accessories i need.
Old 11-27-14, 09:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

im starting my 240sx part out as well as selling my wheels soon.

i will have a nice chunk of change to swap in a stock GTE into my SC.

now to continue my research in finding out what items/accessories i need.
What wheels are they ? Can you send me a picture message on my phone . IF you are interested I can do some trading for something I need and you might want. I have two extra GTE short blocks and tons of accessories for the 2jz. Damn if you need an SC shell, I have two, lol. I believe I won't need more than 3 SCs with built 2jz . Though honestly, I am tempted to install a plain ALL stock 2jzgte on the 4th SC if nobody takes these shells away from me......rather than having the gte engines laying around , they might as well be in the cars. I am looking for good and wide enough wheels for my cars.
Old 11-29-14, 12:58 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

ahhh the wheels are pretty much sold. they were 20's, i dont really think your style. can we put a motor together and i just buy it?

i have a W58 already, i just need the motor and all the other accessories, which i can also take from my motor. i just want an all stock motor to swap in. i plan on just upping the boost, and driving it that way for a very long time. but yeah, exactly like you, completely stock 2jzgte.

im probably going to start the part out of my 240 on sunday. there is already a ton of interest in parts off of it.
Old 11-29-14, 05:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

ahhh the wheels are pretty much sold. they were 20's, i dont really think your style. can we put a motor together and i just buy it?

i have a W58 already, i just need the motor and all the other accessories, which i can also take from my motor. i just want an all stock motor to swap in. i plan on just upping the boost, and driving it that way for a very long time. but yeah, exactly like you, completely stock 2jzgte.

im probably going to start the part out of my 240 on sunday. there is already a ton of interest in parts off of it.
oh ok.. true, 18" will be the biggest wheel I wan to run on my cars. I need meat on my tires otherwise I will just be spinning them.

I have NO EXTRA cylinder heads and it's valve covers for now. I have plans for what I have. Though I have a number of 2jz short blocks . Once you have gathered some funds from your part out sale. I would suggest buying the whole swap from a JDM dealer if you won't find one around. You will need other parts like harness, sensors (crank/cam) , ECU , camshafts, coil/plug cover, etc. It will be cheaper for you to buy the swap rather than piecing them together which will be more expensive at the end. Just the head and its valve covers, if you buy them separately can already cost you around $700-800. So buying a complete swap makes sense.

I know you said you have the W58.. the auto trans from the non vvti swap can be sold if you don't need it. In fact I can take it off your hands since I want to put up an all stock 2jzgte swap on the 4th SC if it stays around with me longer.
Old 12-12-14, 08:08 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

parting a bunch of stuff off CL i see... haha
my 240 part out is going really well. i'll be getting a 2jz motorset soon.
the SC is my daily but i also have a stupid clean 95 ES i can register and drive for a while.. i thought about flipping it since i got it for so cheap and it's in such good condition. it even has the OEM phone in it !
Old 12-12-14, 01:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

parting a bunch of stuff off CL i see... haha
my 240 part out is going really well. i'll be getting a 2jz motorset soon.
the SC is my daily but i also have a stupid clean 95 ES i can register and drive for a while.. i thought about flipping it since i got it for so cheap and it's in such good condition. it even has the OEM phone in it !
Yeap , I always list on Craig and SF 2jz parts I don;t need... it's the way to go as I have always said... sell what you don't need to recoup some of the investments and lower down the cost of your projects .

Once you are ready to get a motor set , let me know. I will take the transmission off your hands. Thinking of installing a stock 2jzgte on the beige SC for now rather than having my extra engines laying around. Are you getting a non VVTI or VVTi ?

If you have another DD , as you said, flipping the ES you can make some money you can pour into your SC project. Tempted to sell now one of the MKIVs and grab myself a GT-R as a gift for my self for Christmas.. hahaha...
Old 12-13-14, 05:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Getting the drive train of Red Mamba Two ready so I can drop it on the engine bay. Since Red Mamba ONE has a black engine bay with all the chrrome / bling bling , Red Mamba TWO will have a red engine bay with everything on it having different shades of black as theme so the semi shaved red engine bay with no wires / no abs / no fuse box... will pop out.

Shroud and Coil Cover will be glossy black.... done... came out quite good , I would say !!!

Next will be valve covers / intake and turbo compressor housings and they will be wrinkle flat black....

Last edited by gerrb; 12-13-14 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-13-14, 07:25 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is going to be SWEEEEEEEEET!

steve
Old 12-14-14, 12:03 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

mannnnnnnnn that's sick.

will def let you know about the trans.

as for the motor, im guessing i'll be getting the VVTI since it's so much more common. which is better?

no importer in GA has one, but plenty of importers in different states have plenty of aristo 2jz's.

i do believe that i will just be doing the whole rear sump swap from my current 2jzge motor, along with tapping it for the oil drain line.

do you have a set of stock USDM twins? i want to run 17-20lbs, but all stock so i figured it would be better to use some usdm spec twins.
Old 12-15-14, 11:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

mannnnnnnnn that's sick.

will def let you know about the trans.

as for the motor, im guessing i'll be getting the VVTI since it's so much more common. which is better?

no importer in GA has one, but plenty of importers in different states have plenty of aristo 2jz's.

i do believe that i will just be doing the whole rear sump swap from my current 2jzge motor, along with tapping it for the oil drain line.

do you have a set of stock USDM twins? i want to run 17-20lbs, but all stock so i figured it would be better to use some usdm spec twins.
VVTi or NON , it all depends on your overall /. ultimate plans for the car. Each has its own advantage from prices to availability of aftermarket parts .

If you are getting a VVTi then I can't use the transmission. I need the non VVTI for rebuilding by ATF. I actually got one with me now . I just need another so I can send both to ATF for building and saves me on shipping sending two on a pallet.

Sorry no I have no USDM twins.. tough to find those.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys