Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-14, 01:33 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

It was a pain to bring down the engine out of my truck since my engine hoist is bad and yet to get another one. Managed to slide it down using a winch and boards. Damn , my place is becoming a depot for 2JZ . I guess I have enough reserve engines for now which I probably wont' even use .. it is indeed a disease

Old 11-13-14, 01:47 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pick up Mang Gerrb.. So, when are we gonna open up a JDM Shop? hahaha..
Old 11-13-14, 04:34 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm so jealous right now. But even if I didn't have money to build that engine, for $500, I'll take it and just slowly build it.
Old 11-13-14, 04:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Nice pick up Mang Gerrb.. So, when are we gonna open up a JDM Shop? hahaha..
hahaha.... I don't need to add headaches in my life my friend.

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I'm so jealous right now. But even if I didn't have money to build that engine, for $500, I'll take it and just slowly build it.
Indeed the deals are out there. Just got to be patient looking for them. Surely one day you will find one buddy .

The guy actually posted it on craigslist and ad is still there for $2000 . More than a month passed and quite a number of people contacted him but no one ever showed up . So he got fed up and told someone I know that who ever shows up he will give it for $500 since it had already sat in his backyard for more than 4 years.

Actually I just need the top part of the engine .. head and covers. So if I sell the bottom end , I get back my money and a bit more. Just like I said, the best way to build your car. Grab good deals, keep what you need for your car and sell what you don't need. But be patient ....

Last edited by gerrb; 11-13-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-13-14, 06:16 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Just like I said, the best way to build your car. Grab good deals, keep what you need for your car and sell what you don't need. But be patient ....
So true. I've offset ~15% of the cost of my SC by selling off parts stashes, and that's in only the first 6 months of ownership.
Old 11-14-14, 09:53 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I offset my expenses too by selling parts I don't need or want, but instead of the money going back to my pocket, it just goes to other parts that I want. LOL But I haven't really used nor spent on any parts on my SC lately. Just saving up right now for air ride, body kit and paint.
Old 11-15-14, 12:45 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That VVTi will look good on the IS300 Go get one!!!
Old 11-15-14, 05:53 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pick up! The engine "angels" are watching out for you brother!

steve
Old 11-19-14, 05:12 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by t2d2
So true. I've offset ~15% of the cost of my SC by selling off parts stashes, and that's in only the first 6 months of ownership.
Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I offset my expenses too by selling parts I don't need or want, but instead of the money going back to my pocket, it just goes to other parts that I want. LOL But I haven't really used nor spent on any parts on my SC lately. Just saving up right now for air ride, body kit and paint.
Way to go guys ! Take your sweet time gathering parts looking for sweet deals so as not to break the bank.

Originally Posted by JesLet
That VVTi will look good on the IS300 Go get one!!!
I believe the Black Pearl and Red Mamba TWO SCs will be my last 2jzgte projects. I am taking my sweet time gathering the best parts for the kind of setups I want for them . Also , I don't want to break the bank so I will try to be patient waiting for good deals to come my way. Though, I really want these two cars to become my beastly sleepers... one Auto and one Manual, so much so that I can put them aside their big brothers MKIV and can hold their own.

Well you can send that boosted MR2 my way and let me play with it .

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice pick up! The engine "angels" are watching out for you brother!

steve
I guess so Steve.. . Last month as some locals knew, picked up another built 2jzgte . Kept what I needed in my cars which was the long block and some aftermarket peripherals and let go of what I didn't need.
Old 11-19-14, 12:55 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Mang Gerrb, did you pull the trigger on that gte vvti head for your stroker?

Btw I need to come by your Museum and look for some small parts, like battery tray and radiator rubber mounts.
Old 11-19-14, 03:00 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerrb, did you pull the trigger on that gte vvti head for your stroker?

Btw I need to come by your Museum and look for some small parts, like battery tray and radiator rubber mounts.
I have quite a few of those battery trays and radiator rubber mounts. You may have a set.

I will leave the current built stroker with non vvti head as it is. It will be a waste to change anything on it now. It is all done . That long block will come handy anyway. Probably will go into the Red Mamba Two . I don't know yet. I am just now collecting parts for another stroker short block together with the vvti head coming from the motor I just got last week. A stroker crank is cheaper if you get it directly from Winberg. Then just wait for good deals for Carillo Rods / CP Pistons. Black Pearl will be a fun street setup with great spool and torque down low on a 6766 or 6870 with QSV and / or Nitrous , 3.4 stroker and 6 speed on ProEFI. That is the plan now . I have started tearing apart the vvti motor so the head can be ported and built.
Old 11-19-14, 05:03 PM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I have quite a few of those battery trays and radiator rubber mounts. You may have a set.

I will leave the current built stroker with non vvti head as it is. It will be a waste to change anything on it now. It is all done . That long block will come handy anyway. Probably will go into the Red Mamba Two . I don't know yet. I am just now collecting parts for another stroker short block together with the vvti head coming from the motor I just got last week. A stroker crank is cheaper if you get it directly from Winberg. Then just wait for good deals for Carillo Rods / CP Pistons. Black Pearl will be a fun street setup with great spool and torque down low on a 6766 or 6870 with QSV and / or Nitrous , 3.4 stroker and 6 speed on ProEFI. That is the plan now . I have started tearing apart the vvti motor so the head can be ported and built.
This is probably non of my business but how in the world do you afford all of this? I'm still trying to justify spending money on my one 2jz project while you have about 6 !
Old 11-20-14, 03:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HiPSI
This is probably non of my business but how in the world do you afford all of this? I'm still trying to justify spending money on my one 2jz project while you have about 6 !
Let me tell you the secret .....

1) Work hard while you are young !

You will reap the rewards of your hard work once you become a retired 51 year old fart like me especially once all your kids are grown up like mine ! I am just an ordinary hard working man like most people in this world. Did set up a goal that I will retire at 50 and I did as many locals know. I do whatever I want now whenever I want. As the saying goes "Sow good seeds and reap a good harvest ".

2) Be patient building your toys and educate yourself !

As I have mentioned on the first page of this thread . When I knew nothing about these toys, I spent over $40k buying brand new parts here and there to get someone build the toy I wanted. What a fool I was believing everything what I was told without doing my homework. Been fooled . A lot of shady people in this world. Even the very person you know or whom you think is your friend will be an ?sshole behind . Money and Envy are the primary causes of evil ......$$$$$$ glitters I guess and make people do crazy stuff and Envy will make people do whatever it takes to put you down.

* Don't play with these toys if you can't work on them. Educate yourself so you will not spend a lot on labor. At the same time you avoid being fooled. Even a good running car now will one day have problems so it pays knowing how to work on your toy. Like I just used the Red Mamba One two Sundays ago and yesterday won't start with the temperature at 20 F. If I didn't know what to do , then I would have spent money to get someone to get it running. So it pays knowing how to tinker with your toys.

* IF you want these toys, it is much cheaper buying a built car at a bargain price rather than buying parts and paying someone to work on it. Save your money now and look for a good deal. But that should not excuse you from knowing how to work on these toys. I have owned 7 Supra MKIV in the past 5 years and my current 2 MKIVs , one making over 1000rwhp and the other almost at that power where bought at a BARGAIN price. Once I get tired of them, pretty sure I will still make money out of them even if I have enjoyed them for a couple of years because I bought them at a bargain price. Well I guess, automobiles have always been my weakness, for those who know me and had been in my places know that I have at least 9 registered vehicles not even counting those that are not registered like 3 of the SCs and some others.

* Now if you really want to build your own, then look for bargains. A lot of people start a build not realizing that the finishing touches will nickel and dime them then abandon the build and sell what they have for nothing. Those are the best deal you have to look for. Keep what you need and sell what you don't need from those bargains. Sell stuff at prices lower than market prices and they will sell. You don't need them anyway and you are just trying to recoup some of the money you paid for. And you make someone happy for getting a good deal too. It would have cost him more if he paid store prices. It's a win win for both.

If you look at the picture above , not even counting the numerous 2jz short blocks laying around, on those 3 2jzgte long blocks I probably have around $2k after having sold items that came with them and didn't need on my cars. Yet, if you get the parts and get those on the engine stands built , you will spend at least $20k. They are built engines with aftermarket parts that will hold at least 800rwhp . And yet I got them at bargain deals. I didn't really need them when I bought them but knew will always come handy since I have quite a few 2jz cars and for the money I have on them , it can't be beaten. JUST BE PATIENT LOOKING FOR DEALS but be ready always cause when they are listed , they are quick to go. Just like highrush45 build SC300, that is one of the best deals I have seen out there. One who bought it, can sell a lot of the parts, get back the $23k he paid and keep the V160 and built long block probably free. I have seen some of the parts sold already and buyer is slowly getting back his money and with what that car had in it, there is no doubt he will get back his money and have a lot of performance parts free for himsel. If only I had the cash on the day he wanted it gone and if I didn't have 5 SCs right now, I would have grabbed that in a heart beat. Shef and I did talk about it for a while. I advised him to part it out to get more money but he had some urgent priorities so he needed the cash quick.

And that is for those going with a performance build . For those who just want to restore a good stock SC , like having a clean interior ..it was cheaper for me to buy salvage vehicles from COPART and other sites who sells / auctions vehicles and get what I needed from them rather than buying interiors in pieces. We all know how much a good complete black interior will cost. More than the cost of a salvaged SC. We all know how much a 97+ body kit will cost. More than the cost of a salvaged SC. That is how I managed to get all the interiors of my SCs in like new condition and exterior peripherals in good shape.

That is how , my friend , I manage to have 5 2jzgte toys you see in my signature at this point. Now that the cat is out of the bag.. if I can do it, anybody can do it too ! It is fun knowing what to do on your car when something goes wrong. It is fun being on this site sharing my experience and seeing the thread with over 430k clicks knowing that so many are following your thread. I know it will all soon come to an end when I am done working and enjoying these 2jzgte toys. But I still have a car that I wish and hope to have before I am probably done with modified cars... a 2000rwhp GT-R. The king of the roads whooping Lambo's asses on the Texas Mile . I just lately joined one of their site trying to learn as much as I can. Who knows, maybe one day, I will have one. It remains to be seen. A highly modified GT-R, MKIV and SC will be nice to have in my place.

Good luck guys !

Last edited by gerrb; 11-20-14 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-20-14, 01:36 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Damn Gerrb i didnt know you are 51! You look much younger than 25 j/k Sir! But yeah you are correct, hard work pays off for sure, and definitely gotta have goals and plans ahead in life. Patient is a must that I need to adapt. lol.. anyways im looking forward to see that 3.4l in person. Never saw one before and will definitely lend a hand if you ever need.
Old 11-23-14, 10:50 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a beasttttttttt

where are you getting these motors from?

i'm actually looking for a USDM 2jzGTE i want to swap into my SC.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys