Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-14, 02:35 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, yes! Omar...I hope you get it brother! Gerry, good looking out for another fellow CL member! Now, stop typing...back to work! We need more Inspiration! Ha! Alright brother, talk with you later? Side note, you're sure you don't wont to go jumping out of planes? lol

steve
Old 09-19-14, 04:24 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
hey Gerb I made a simple bracket out of some aluminum flat bar bent to shape that bolted on to the dipstick than to one of the bolts on the IACV. Real snug and worked great... I believe I had to get a longer bolt for the IACV to accommodate for the aluminum bar. Just throwing that out there...
got you buddy...that is what I will do ?

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Thanks Gerrb, Yes I am going to pick it up, ive already talk to the seller so we will see.

On the iac valve the 2 nipples for the coolant can be remove , just crimp it with a vice grip and turn it side to side and and they will come out, they are pressed in there from the factory, same as the 2 coolant nipples on the upper water neck.

Ali-I don't wanna take a chance trying to drive it home and something else goes wrong..I'll just tow it home on the trailer , ill get it running as soon as I get it home, but that V8 will be the first thing i'll remove from that car.
Yeah a bad *** na-t is in the work, I just need a car and decide what trans I am going to run..for some reason I can't stay away from manual.
I am working another trans setup depending on how it goes , ill give you guys the insight..cheaper than V160 and will hold 900tq and you won't have to worry shifter being in the armrest like the 350Z trans , and blowing the tailshaft seal like the R154 .
You are welcome . Let me ask you this... what is the difference of running coolant on those IACV nipples compared to no coolant and just taking them out.. Will it idle or run better ? One of my supra has the coolant through the IACV and one doesn't and I don't see any difference honestly.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I dunno why I thought it was a 300. yeah if you have the trailer its safer to tow it, less time wasted there also.
new trans setup in the works, sounds good take lots of pics so I can do it also later =) (Sorry for crowding your thread Gerrb)
No problem Ali. I too want to know about other tranny option aside from a V160 and 4l80e . Those are my current choice for the Black Pearl and the Red Mamba 2.

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Yes, yes! Omar...I hope you get it brother! Gerry, good looking out for another fellow CL member! Now, stop typing...back to work! We need more Inspiration! Ha! Alright brother, talk with you later? Side note, you're sure you don't wont to go jumping out of planes? lol

steve
Oh shoot . am afraid of heights. Just looking down from a first floor of a building makes my knees shake.

Damn ... , lmaol, I told you I am probably dead of heart attack even before I have jumped out of that plane with a parachute... hahaha
Old 09-19-14, 09:30 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

People say toyota likes to run coolant through everything to stabilize the intake temps and keep the parts from sticking in extreme cold. I know the first one is true and actually hurts performance because normally they put it through the throttle body and IACV for the stock tune to be more consistent. heating up your idle air is ok, but heating up your air in the throttle body you just intercooled is sort of backwards when you are trying to increase power.

The part about the extreme cold and the throttle sticking I am not sure if its true or I even buy it, the coolant is just as cold when you first start the motor you would have to wait for it to unstick anyways, which would happen from just the motor heating up without the lines connected just take longer. maybe if it was somewhere with a much colder climate, but I think they run it through the IACV because of the reason above, because on a gte its seperate and they want the idle air to be at a stable temp also.

Basically I never hook them up and always take them off. mostly they just get in the way and another place coolant can leak from in the future.
I don't think I have ever heard of anyone saying it made a difference bypassing it that is just the factory way.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-19-14 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-21-14, 07:31 PM
Rezist89
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if only there was more clutches being hit
Old 09-28-14, 06:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks Ali !

Yesterday , I had the time to take out the 2jzgte / R154 setup from the black pearl. I will clean up engine bay and repaint it so it will be ready for the 3.4 stroker 2jz and v160 drivetrain

Old 09-30-14, 07:55 AM
Conblac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Gerry, u didnt have to remove the hood to pry it out? Or u just unhinged the struts and let it fly back to windshield? Either way, u getting good and faster at pulling out/dropping in...u wanna come quickly do mine...lol??
Old 10-01-14, 06:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Conblac
Hey Gerry, u didnt have to remove the hood to pry it out? Or u just unhinged the struts and let it fly back to windshield? Either way, u getting good and faster at pulling out/dropping in...u wanna come quickly do mine...lol??
'
Conrad , nope. You just have to take the hood struts.. and swing it all the way up holding it with a pole and you should be able to get it out.

hahaha... I am getting to the point that I am getting tired with this SCs.. lol But I will finish this two SC projects (Black Pearl & Red Mamba Two ) and really will be my last SC projects.. THIS IS IT !

And I almost had a terrible accident in taking out that engine/tranny from the Black Pearl. One of the legs/roller of the hoist gave way and almost flipped the hoist with the engine/tranny. and could have damaged the Black Pearl and the Red Mamba One which was beside it at that time. Now I probably need a new hoist .
Old 10-01-14, 07:45 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

^^
Gerry -

Wow, I'm glad the worst did not happen pare. Obviously it would have been tragic if any damage were done to your SCs, but more importantly you are okay.
Old 10-01-14, 12:46 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Gerry, you know you're working too much on your car/engine when you start breaking engine hoists... LOL Glad nothing bad happened though. Still waiting for the finished product...
Old 10-01-14, 05:05 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by soarer213
^^
Gerry -

Wow, I'm glad the worst did not happen pare. Obviously it would have been tragic if any damage were done to your SCs, but more importantly you are okay.
Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Gerry, you know you're working too much on your car/engine when you start breaking engine hoists... LOL Glad nothing bad happened though. Still waiting for the finished product...
Thanks mga kumpadre !

The only reason that engine/ tranny did not completely flip to the right was because the legs of the hoist were under the car. The right side of the car actually raised up a foot from the ground cause the left leg of the hoist was pushing it upwards due to the weight of the engine / tranny leaning to the right. It really scared me to death.

If you observe the first picture , engine and tranny is leaning to the driver side and on that picture my buddy was standing on the left side of the hoist just to level it out.

hahaha I can't remember how many engines have been taken out or have been installed using that hoist. After inspecting it today, looks like the cheap wheel caster is the culprit. The aluminum wheel housing seems bent.

oh oh... ... looks like Rey and Conrad won't be able to use it to install their engines...sorry guys You don't want to take a risk with this freaking hoist for now. Maybe by the time you are installing your engines, I have another one .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-01-14 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spell / grammar check
Old 10-08-14, 09:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Boating season is almost over so decided last weekend to play at Lake Lanier. Got the boat and the diesel truck I use to tow it .......out of the storage . The first thing that crossed my mind while getting it out of the storage was .. this boat will be faster with a 2JZGTE on it ... With the current engine, I only top at around 50mph which is alot higher than the average . Maybe with the turbocharged 2jzgte... will get it up there.. hahaha

Last edited by gerrb; 10-08-14 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-08-14, 12:54 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

As many 2jz's you have might as well put one it....

I watched this video before it sounds pretty cool on the boat....

Old 10-10-14, 11:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
As many 2jz's you have might as well put one it....

I watched this video before it sounds pretty cool on the boat....
probably if the engine on my Four Winns Bow Rider konks out, then I would have an excuse to install a 2jzgte.... and be a SUPRA Boat

that is a small runabout boat on the video being tossed around by that 2JZ
Old 10-18-14, 06:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Last edited by gerrb; 06-13-20 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-18-14, 06:27 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, yes! Do it! Go Gerrb, go Gerrb-GO! Get Er-Done!

steve

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys