Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 09-18-14, 09:51 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Still have all those SC's just laying around the house, Gerrb?

If so, I may have to stop by to pick your brain...and do some pickin' for some interior pieces myself.
Old 09-18-14, 10:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Still have all those SC's just laying around the house, Gerrb?

If so, I may have to stop by to pick your brain...and do some pickin' for some interior pieces myself.

Yeap, I have 4 I am working on and 2 as parts..hahaha. Hey JB , if you are interested on a clean SC shell with Black Paint with a complete 97+ kit and a perfect tan interior but has a non running motor call me quick. The dude only wants $900 for it and needs to go ASAP as in NOW . Freaking good deal. You just have to tow it. I just don't need one anymore though am tempted and I know my wife will kill me if she sees another SC in my place in Duluth.
Old 09-18-14, 10:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Mang Gerrb,

Its always nice stopping by at your SC museum. Hahaha... Black Pearl always looking good.. RM1 still a monster even if its multi colored.. I can not wait for that Stroker of yours in one of your SC. Hit me up when that power plant arrive. Definitely want to see it for sure.
Thanks for those parts by the way.
Rey , let's get your car done ... .
Old 09-18-14, 11:04 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pm sent, Gerrb let me know please!!
Old 09-18-14, 11:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Call me Omar .. tried calling you. It seems that you don't hear me.

I pmed you both of my cell numbers .
Old 09-18-14, 12:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

just realized that starter was still dirty so I cleaned it up and painted it. I guess this engine is ready for Red Mamba 2 to make serious power.

Old 09-18-14, 01:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

That looks very clean Gerrb. did you do an oil dipstick delete?
Old 09-18-14, 02:05 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Your not putting the twin kit on the motor?
Old 09-18-14, 02:07 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
That looks very clean Gerrb. did you do an oil dipstick delete?
Thanks Ali ... I haven't just bolted the oil dipstick. Trying to find a bracket for it since I have an aftermarket intake manifold. I know you see a bolt on the dipstick hole hahaha for now. I just covered it , making sure nothing falls inside that pan since the long block have all been closed and bolts / nuts torqued to specs.

here is the dipstick but I still don't have a bracket to hold it in place

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Your not putting the twin kit on the motor?
Probably not Ryan... too much work on those twins.
Old 09-18-14, 05:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Since my build thread gets a lot of hits every day , let me post this here so I can help someone own a good project car to start with at a very good price. If you are interested , send a text message to me at 770 six nine six 3345. The seller knows I am buying it but I would rather let a forum member have it . I don't need it and besides I am broke because of all these SCs and MKIVs.. hahahaha. Anyone from GA , SC , FL and AL are the best candidate to get the car since it needs to be towed.

The seller only wants $900. It is a pre 97 but has the complete 97+ kit . It needs to be towed though. If it wasn't that far from him , am sure 99SC4 (Omar) would have bought it since we have discussed about it and it's worth the risk for someone nearer. Please don't waste my time. Only those who are really ready to pick it up ASAP and have the cash now should get in touch with me. I will tell the seller that you are picking it up. You will pay him directly .

Note that it is not my car nor have I seen it. I am 325 miles away from it too. A friend of mine just told me about it. But just by looking at the pictures , it seems to be well worth it at $900. Just for the whole body kit with tail lights / grill / fog light , it will already cost you more than $1k to buy those for your car. It has a clean title and no rusts. I will let the pictures do the talking and judge for yourself. I don't know anything about the car . I am just trying to help here by passing the info about this car. All I have been told by the owner is it has a clean title with a little lien which he will take care. It is right now in a gas station so it needs to be picked up ASAP. He was driving it on the Interstate Highway and started vibrating so got out of a exit , drove it to a gas station and left it there. He tried starting it again and wouldn't start anymore. It has 236k on the odometer. Just be serious, no games please so we don't waste anybody's time. It is a project car that seems to have a good body and very descent interior based on the pictures and what the seller says.. You will need to make your own final arrangements with the seller.

Last edited by gerrb; 09-19-14 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-19-14, 09:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

For the car mentioned above, based on my conversation with Omar (99SC4) , he will be picking up the car . He will make the 700 mile trip. We wish him good luck.

I believe , just by looking at the pictures and based on our conversation with the seller , it seems to be a pretty good deal at that price ! Hope everything goes on well and I even hope Omar will be able to get it running and drive it back home instead of towing it.
Old 09-19-14, 09:30 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

that looks totally worth it I would have picked it up if I wasn't over half the country away from there.
I see what you mean with the dipstick, I put my FFIM on and have the same issue. I need to bend up a custom bracket to move it out a few inches, but right now its zip tied to the IACV valve so it wont pop out until I get to that =)

edit* just saw that Omar was picking it up. I bet he will get it driving once he gets there. Im gonna guess the rotor in the distributor went out. same thing happened to me once.
I feel an na-t project coming soon for some reason

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-19-14 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-19-14, 10:01 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey Gerb I made a simple bracket out of some aluminum flat bar bent to shape that bolted on to the dipstick than to one of the bolts on the IACV. Real snug and worked great... I believe I had to get a longer bolt for the IACV to accommodate for the aluminum bar.

Just throwing that out there...
Old 09-19-14, 10:03 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Gerrb, Yes I am going to pick it up, ive already talk to the seller so we will see.

On the iac valve the 2 nipples for the coolant can be remove , just crimp it with a vice grip and turn it side to side and and they will come out, they are pressed in there from the factory, same as the 2 coolant nipples on the upper water neck.

Ali-I don't wanna take a chance trying to drive it home and something else goes wrong..I'll just tow it home on the trailer , ill get it running as soon as I get it home, but that V8 will be the first thing i'll remove from that car.
Yeah a bad *** na-t is in the work, I just need a car and decide what trans I am going to run..for some reason I can't stay away from manual.
I am working another trans setup depending on how it goes , ill give you guys the insight..cheaper than V160 and will hold 900tq and you won't have to worry shifter being in the armrest like the 350Z trans , and blowing the tailshaft seal like the R154 .
Old 09-19-14, 11:05 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I dunno why I thought it was a 300. yeah if you have the trailer its safer to tow it, less time wasted there also.
new trans setup in the works, sounds good take lots of pics so I can do it also later =) (Sorry for crowding your thread Gerrb)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys