Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-14, 08:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Nice !!!

Omar - do you have any suggestion where we can get that engine harness go through the firewall , kinda hidden aside from the current firewall hole ?

And , just like what Ali said, I hate to do away with that AC blower / heater assembly. I need AC and heater .
Old 02-26-14, 08:30 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To see this car in person...to hear it in person is something that's awe-inspiring.

I can't wait to see it on the road....with my SC following behind him.
Old 02-26-14, 09:36 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gerry- I am trying to do the same lol, but tonight I'll look at the firewall again to see what I can come up with.

My friend wants to keep both ac and heat lol so it will be though unless you do a millspec harness, and have it plug in at the firewall , it's little tricky.

I'll have something for you by tomorrow!
Old 02-26-14, 10:05 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

All I can seem to come up with is taking a BFH to the heater pipe until you can get the harness by, the harness is only a few inches thick.
Old 02-26-14, 07:05 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right where the throttle cable goes you can do it anywhere there and run it across to the other side. I am planning to do something like that with a mil spec bulkhead connector.
Old 02-27-14, 02:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DuWerke
To see this car in person...to hear it in person is something that's awe-inspiring.

I can't wait to see it on the road....with my SC following behind him.
Thanks JB .. It was nice seeing you again !

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Gerry- I am trying to do the same lol, but tonight I'll look at the firewall again to see what I can come up with.

My friend wants to keep both ac and heat lol so it will be though unless you do a millspec harness, and have it plug in at the firewall , it's little tricky.

I'll have something for you by tomorrow!
thanks ... true with milspec it will be easier but that's another work and expense redoing harness .

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
All I can seem to come up with is taking a BFH to the heater pipe until you can get the harness by, the harness is only a few inches thick.
I will check that area when I have time . I know that is a big hole right there on those two heater pipes. I maybe wrong but the actual back part of the blower assembly covers that hole I believe. I will explore it later today.

Originally Posted by jwin
right where the throttle cable goes you can do it anywhere there and run it across to the other side. I am planning to do something like that with a mil spec bulkhead connector.
lucky you , you are already doing the milspec so it is a lot easier for you to put it anywhere actually. At this point I just want to reuse an existing 2jzgte harness if it is possible.
Old 02-27-14, 10:13 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reuse the existing harness and connect the milspec bulkhead where you want the harness to go through. Its easy as extending the wires.
Old 02-27-14, 02:32 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jwin
reuse the existing harness and connect the milspec bulkhead where you want the harness to go through. Its easy as extending the wires.
Right now don't feel like doing anymore work on the harness. I believe there is a space in between that pedal and brake booster.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-27-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 02:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Ali - I don't think we can do anything on the area of the heater pipes or anything behind the heater / blower assembly. That thing is basically all the way near the firewall. The two bolts on each side of the heater pipes bolts that assembly into the firewall. Even if let's say there is a bit of space to squeeze in the harness, every time we want to take out the harness, we would have to take out dashboard and that heater assembly . That would be a no go I guess , that will be a pain in the as?.

Last edited by gerrb; 02-27-14 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 02:42 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The only place i can really think of will be drill a 3"-4" round hole between 9 O-clock and 10 O-Clock on the left side of the brake booster .

inside the engine bay... I should not have a problem there with those lines since I took out my ABS ..

inside the cabin , it will be on the left of those upper bolts of the pedal

now for my setup , when it is all said and done , that bit of harness going into that hole should not be seen for me since, for my dyno queen project , i would also have direct port nitrous setup just like what I have on the Red Mamba 1 , thus covering that part at the back t near the brake booster ..

Last edited by gerrb; 02-27-14 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 09:08 PM
blacksc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you get your spark plug cover?
Old 02-28-14, 04:12 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blacksc
where did you get your spark plug cover?
The chrome coil / plug cover was from PHR but you will find them on Ebay for cheap , you just got to get them polished or chromed. The only thing I see is the one's from ebay is that the plate is thinner which doesn't matter. It's just a cover anyway.

The transparent cam gears cover was from China and available through Ebay. I was actually surprised it had the embossed Greddy logo.

The transparent cam / coil cover were from Auto Tech. Bought 3 some years ago when they were still available but decided to sell them all and just expose the cam gears / timing belt since all you see on top anyway where coils and wiring which I prefer them to be hidden. These covers have been long discontinued so I doubt you will find any new ones in the market.
Old 02-28-14, 04:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
Looking good Gerry! Might have to do this also haha jk that there is the same prop valve I was telling you about in the last pic you posted.
Richard - I have decided to keep the brake booster. I know the engine bay will look cleaner without it and just install like a Wilwood combination brake kit. But after a lot of reading , a brake system without a brake booster will be tough for the legs. Might be good for drag cars that only see action on the track . But for a street car , taking out the brake booster based on my readings would not be a wise decision. One will be hating it ...function will come first for me before the form (looks).
Old 03-04-14, 06:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

A local friend of mine got this SC300 towed to my place from a shop , late in the afternoon yesterday. He said he is tired of putting money into it. Told me to do whatever I want to do with it., It had been in two shops in the past 5 months and they couldn't get the car start up. He was asked to replace engine with one that has around 65k miles, fuel pump, pump ecu , Main ECU , relays and fuses and still won't start.

Met with Rey yesterday and borrowed the SC300 ecu which I sold him three months ago thinking it may still be the ECU. Without even replacing the ECU , put in a new battery in the freaking car and now car runs good . I really don't know what happened ... it just fired up after making sure all connection are good.

Shoot , I believe my neighbors in my place in Duluth are thinking am running an SC junk shop now with 6 of them and about to pick up another good running SC with a 2jzgte swap for an unbelievable giveaway price of $3.5k just because the car's paint isn't good.

First thing I noticed on this car is the ridiculuous wing... as though damn car is going to take off .. lmaol... that has to go ! Maybe I can experiment on an NA-t on this damn car...my buddy said, he just got the car's engine replaced 5 months ago with a 65k miles engine that's why he is exasperated about it... with all the money he has poured into it.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-04-14 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-04-14, 06:11 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Your so lucky. Another great buy/find. You sir are the SC guru of Atlanta.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys