Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Old 03-06-15, 05:05 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
I am keeping the red Supra which is a 6 speed. So, all my 3 MKIVs will be 6speed and all my 3 SCs will have built ATF transmissions. Thinking about it, once I am tired of these cars , a 6 speed MKIV will sell a lot better and even make money than a 6 speed SC.

That means I am giving up the rare 1997 Lexus SC300 5peed as a shell . Who ever is interested PM me. I will give someone a good deal on that rare shell . I will use the black interior on the RSP SC so it won't come with interior. The car has 115k original miles on the body.
Hope it goes to a good home. Supra is the right one to keep, though.
Old 03-07-15, 04:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Hope it goes to a good home. Supra is the right one to keep, though.
I hope so too and I believe that is the right decision ... MKIV or 1997 SC300 5 speed ? Looking at market indications... MKIV is a no brainer. After all I am keeping the other 3 SCs.

There were quite a number of people who sent me messages on my phone asking for the price of the rare 1997 SC300 5 speed. So as not to answer them individually and for those who want to know, I am selling it only for the price of the 97+ Body Kit plus the kind of Coil Overs currently installed on it cause I will need those for my RSP (Blue Angel) SC. I want to have all the different generation SC300 looks.

I believe that is a one hell of a deal for a very rare 1997 Lexus SC300 5 speed shell with a clean title and 115k miles on the body. If you don't want the coil overs... bring your own, take the ones currently installed and I keep those.
Old 03-07-15, 05:30 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^^Yeah this is a helluva deal!
Old 03-07-15, 06:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Hell yeah... bring your coil overs, wheels plus the price of a complete 97+ body kit, or better still get a shine kit delivered to my place and you can tow this Rare 1997 Lexus SC300 5 speed with only 115K miles on the body and clean titled SHELL. Note that there is no interior since I will use the whole interior on my Blue Angel (RSP) SC.

Heck , just selling the whole 97+ kit plus the 5 speed swap pedals / clutch parts, I will get more than what I am asking here.

Old 03-07-15, 04:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now that the Red Mamba is running good, I will do some interior changes before I pay my attention to the Blue Angel. It's engine bay has a theme of red and black so I believe it deserves the full black interior with red stiches on the seats. Started to tear apart its interior and took out all tan interior . Did a bit of painting / cleaning up.

The cross bar support under the dashboard had surface rusts so I replaced it with one that I already painted

Old 03-07-15, 04:31 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

any video of red mamba? I swear you waist no time . awesome builds BTW
Old 03-07-15, 05:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
any video of red mamba? I swear you waist no time . awesome builds BTW
None yet buddy, so far I have driven it only around 25 miles and only between 2000-3500 RPM breaking in the engine , trying to get those piston rings to sit. I will continue a soft break in for the next 500 miles before I really push it. Since it is a stock setup , I have decided not to do a hard break in on the dyno just like what I did on White Diamond (formerly Red Mamba One) . Motoman's break in on the dyno is good for built cars. After all you will have to dyno them.

Thanks for the compliments. I will not waste time and will work on Blue Angel soon. My local buddies and I have already have plans doing a video when all my 3 SCs are all running and together with my MKIVs, we will take them all for a ride and shoot a video . I just don't know if I can take the fact that 5 other people driving my other toys and if something happens , I am screwed .
Old 03-08-15, 09:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Have installed the back portion of the black interior

Old 03-09-15, 10:23 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the weather has been amazing recently... im guessing you'll be doing a lot of work on these cars soon eh
Old 03-09-15, 10:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by irondonkey
the weather has been amazing recently... im guessing you'll be doing a lot of work on these cars soon eh
Working on it. Still doing a lot of work on the Red Mamba, changing the whole interior into black so it matches the Red / Black theme.

Also will add another Denso pump and a -8AN line so it is ready when I push it in the future when the OEM twins reaches their end of life. There are still things under the chassis I need to fasten / button up so it looks clean down there. Right now it is on 4 jack stands with all wheels out. I need to bleed the brakes too. I haven't since I took out the ABS and could hardly stop it during my initial break in run around .

Then I will tow the beige SC from the back yard to the driveway so I can start working on it and slowly transform it into the Blue Angel I wanted, prettier and with more power than the first two SCs. I got everything I need for that car . I just have to put it together. ..painting it RSP will be most of the work and then move the whole black interior of Black Pearl into it.

I can't believe people offering me $1k for Black Pearl as you see it on the pictures above . Has the value of our SCs really gone to the scrap yards ? All I am asking is the cost of a 97+ body kit / lights (or get a shine kit delivered to me) which is around $1385 (since I didn't want to tear that 1997 5 speed apart with its excellent condition paint and body ) and bring your wheels and shocks/springs (suspension). It is a rare 1997 SC300 5 speed in great condition shell / paint , 115k miles with clean title. You are basically getting the shell without the body kit for free cause just the 97+ body kit / 5 speed pedals and clutch master will already sell more than $1400. Somebody even asked me if it runs good... duh ???.. it is a shell .

Now I have an idea . Since I want the Blue Angel to look like a 97+ , what I will just do is take the whole body kit from the Black Pearl and be done with it. So I will just leave Black Pearl there. If ever I still have the desire to get it running, get a shine kit for it in the future and bring it back to stock 5speed . I just finished putting together a resfreshed complete 2jzge with GTE head gasket and ARP hardware. All I need is a W58 or R154 to get that 1997 5speed running plus of course a shine body kit since I will use its 97 body kit.. That way, that car will be easier to sell and even sell at a better price.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-09-15 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 06:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Red Mamba interior getting there but not yet quite done. And due to the many ridiculous offers I received on the Black Pearl and am afraid would just be pushed to the brim of extinction and be treated like a Honda , I am not selling it anymore. I would rather see it in my back yard. Pretty sure one day , I will get it running good.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-11-15 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-11-15, 06:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While the car is on jackstands, I replaced the stock SC300 differential that was on this car with an Auto TT 3.76 differential. I should have done this before when I was installing the driveshaft. The pre 97 SC300/SC400 had a small 3 bolt flange on the differential while a TT differential has a big 3 bolt flange. I am glad I am not that type of person who throws things easily. I will get the small flange from the current drive shaft cut and get the big flange I had laying around welded on the end of the drive shaft so it will bolt into my TT auto diff. That rubber donut (coupling) is a bit bigger than that of the stock SC300.

Old 03-11-15, 09:17 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Gerb,

I never saw were you posted a dollar figure for the 5-speed, what was it out of curiosity??

Part of the problem is there are only probably a few guys on here that can afford to do some of the things that we do. Us "old timers" have a little money laying around.

Gated shifter would look great in this car.

Shane
Old 03-11-15, 09:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SSmith
Gerb,

I never saw were you posted a dollar figure for the 5-speed, what was it out of curiosity??

Part of the problem is there are only probably a few guys on here that can afford to do some of the things that we do. Us "old timers" have a little money laying around.

Gated shifter would look great in this car.

Shane
Shane - all I was asking was the cost of the 97+_body kit / lights OR the Shine Body Kit which was around $1400 and bring their own wheels / shocks *& springs. I was literally giving away the shell cause $1400 could easily be gotten if I sold the 97+ body kit / lights .. I just didn't want to take the body kit of the Black Pearl because paint is really good as you can see on the pictures above. So it will be an awesome deal for someone. Just a good paint job will already cost at least $1500. But instead I was getting $800-$1000 offers and one even asked if it was running good and no problems ..lol.

Well you are right, most of SC owners now are not performance oriented or maybe a lot of younger kids owning them who are either students or are not yet established in their careers which I do understand.and I do not mean to offend anyone. A lot are more after the looks and stance of the car. I have seen this through our classified section. During the time I was posting a lot of performance parts here, I don't recall selling performance related part to anyone.

Gated shifter , maybe I would look into it on my Blue Angel Project. That will be nice.
Old 03-11-15, 11:24 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That black 5 speed was the deal of the lifetime and no one jumped on it! What the heck that's so much potential and financial room for a go fast build

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys