Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking Good Gerry! Love the armrest RAPE SWITCES lol
Old 07-17-14, 04:27 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
looking great, when doing plastidip you gotta peel the tape off before it dries so you don't rip the dip and get jagged lines
Thanks for the tip. I will probably paint or redo the wheels once car is painted.

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Looking Good Gerry! Love the armrest RAPE SWITCES lol
Thanks Henry ... . That toggle switch with orange cover and the adjacent button are my quick spool switches ....my "let's go buddy" . They have been very handy when I am in a trigger mood in the past year this car was running.
Old 07-18-14, 11:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Since a couple of forum members have been asking me how much clearance can we get if we pull the rear quarter panels and the front fenders. First here is the tool I used

http://www.harborfreight.com/4-ton-h...kit-44899.html

It is a portable hydraulic tool with a lot of uses. You can use it to push / pull stuff. I even used this to help Chris (CHNK) pull out his dent on his quarter panel after his accident.

Not unless you are going for the looks , you don't really need a wide body kit to get 50mm more clearance at the rear wheels and 25mm more clearance in front.

Before I pulled my rear quarter panels , those wheels where 25mm out of the rear fender. They are size 18x10 and with an offset of 22mm. Now after the pull , they are 25mm inside the rear fender. Now that I have 2.5" inside clearance (between whee/tirel and stock shock / inner wheel well wall) and another 1" outside , I can actually fit 13" rims and 345" tires if I use the MKIV TT stock offset of 50mm for a 13" wheels.

Drive Rear

For the front , you can get 25mm more but your body lines will change. It is like having a wide body fender now looking from top.

But the side should still be in line ...

And kinda look like having a wide body front fender ... 25mm more

Last edited by gerrb; 07-20-14 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-19-14, 06:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Let me post this here since my build thread get a lot of clicks every day... Though I am making a for sale ad.

A few forum members know that a local good friend of ours had just offered his SC300 5 speed to me. He doesn't want to sell it but he said he wants me to have it since he had seen how I take good care of my toys. It is another one of the 1 of 120 1997 SC300 5 speed. To top it , it is also black on black. I already had one and passed it on to Aaron for which we did a 2jzgte swap.

I will get it if I will be able to sell my current project Red Mamba TWO , garnet pearl red shell for $3500. My wife will kill me if she sees another SC .. hahaha. She has already been hounding me to get the two other SCs in the backyard out of our place . She said I have transformed the place into an SC junkyard . Both interior and exterior of Red Mamba TWO I would say is between 8.5 - 9.5 out of 10. Interior is Black and Tan. What used to be brown trims are all Black. I bought salvage cars just to get the interior of this car in tip top condition as you can see in the pictures. It has also aftermarket shocks and springs. I have already started shaving the engine bay.. no drive train off course. If anyone here is interested let me know. It will come with those brand new drag tires setup I just installed. PM me if you are interested... local pickup is at 30096. I hate to sell this since it is in such a nice condition 1992 SC300 with no history of accident , no rust. In another 3 years , no emissions necessary. Exactly the reason why my 3 SCs are all 1992s.

Old 07-19-14, 09:04 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice friend, and we all know what a beauty she'll be once you get a hold of her! We're all waiting, filled with excitement! lol

steve
Old 07-19-14, 09:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice friend, and we all know what a beauty she'll be once you get a hold of her! We're all waiting, filled with excitement! lol

steve
Steve , honestly the 1997+ front bumper hasn't grown on me yet. Exactly the reason why I passed that 1997 SC300 5 speed Black on Black to Aaron. I still love the simplicity of the 92-96. Maybe if someone here will be nice I can just let him or her take it . If it was an Auto Couture style front bumper that is another story . My buddy is really gonna sell it after all due to some other priorities. He doesn't use it often and doesn't really need that toy for now and I know he poured tons of money on it as some local forum members know. In fact I already offered it to PogikoSC4 if he had the funds so the car can go to another avid enthusiast and won't be molested.
Old 07-23-14, 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Trying to decide whether this Shine ACS body kit is going into the Red Mamba ONE or TWO ....

Old 07-24-14, 10:30 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

i like the finished result on the rear fender pull... great job...
Old 07-24-14, 11:22 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Trying to decide whether this Shine ACS body kit is going into the Red Mamba ONE or TWO ....

Sweet!!!! Now you need 97 grille and fogs.

Good decision on the AC kit, would like to see the car painted ASAP!
Old 07-24-14, 12:17 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tmf2004
i like the finished result on the rear fender pull... great job...
Thank you .

Originally Posted by JesLet
Sweet!!!! Now you need 97 grille and fogs.

Good decision on the AC kit, would like to see the car painted ASAP!
Test fitting the kit buddy ..

I am surprised by how good the fitment is being a replica of the true Auto Couture kit. It is very light . Less than half the OEM bumpers.. weight saving right there . As light as the E?bay AIT ACS style sold for $500 shipped for the complete kit which is fiberglass. But this one is flexible and more durable than the AIT fiberglass kit. Though a lot more expensive at $1385 shipped.

Will it stay on Red Mamba ONE... .. remains to be seen. The car looks more flashy now than the old looking SC. I am able to fool a lot of people on the road with the old look... just a plain raggedy looking car but they are surprised when they couldn't keep up with it .

Old 07-24-14, 01:56 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good buddy! I still like my 92 look lol..
Old 07-24-14, 04:48 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
You my friend are my devil's advocate that is why I always liked the old SC look !

Hey , you better collect the funds for that 1997 SC300 5 speed black on black (1 of 120) . He only gave us till the end of August. Am serious , it's yours , hand him the amount he told me which as you very well know is a steal for that car before he changes his mind of not selling it. Part yours to re-coupe some.
Old 07-24-14, 05:52 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
x2....with a SC400 OEM lip is to kill.....

The shine kit is the only other option I have thought about but I feel it is starting to get overplayed......Stock FTW
Old 07-24-14, 07:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ lmaol ... I knew Ryan was gonna jump in raising the banner for the old look with lip.

True for me, that Shine ACS style kit is the only kit I would ever install in one of my SCs. Well , I am cheap.. hahaha,.. I am not spending 2500 for an authentic body kit . I would rather keep it stock and spend that money for go fast goodies.

I just got a quotation for a candy apple red paint job .. they want $3500 . Neither will I spend that on painting . That amount will get me a hypertune intake or a tilton triple clutch or a ProEFI ECU setup for my Red Mamba TWO so I will look at other options for painting Red Mamba ONE .
Old 07-28-14, 01:14 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Gerry, why not paint it yourself?

You know you can do anything with very little effort. You sir, are the jack of all trades, and MASTER of none. I say sell all the SC's, pocket maybe 100K and start over. LOL. Maybe get a Tundra truck or something. Something new and exciting. You have to be getting bored with all these SC's. Lets be for real...

I love you man.... I thought I would stop in and see how the Red Mamba was doing and wanted to say hello..

Looking good as always...

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys