gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

thank you sir !
Old 03-26-12, 02:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

after drips from all the fluid had stop .. started jacking up the car and had it on four jack stands ...

my built 6 speed black mamba still up the air too ... coming down though .. just finished shimming my 272 cams to get that valve noise out and all good now ...

Old 03-26-12, 02:59 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

last thing I did today so it is easy to take out those bolts on the exhausts, I sprayed them with WD40 . They are now soaked and let them sit overnight and tomorrow will take out the whole exhaust...am sure being old and rusty , it will be a ***** to take them out.

Old 03-26-12, 05:52 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

digging the progress!
Old 03-27-12, 07:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by airmax
digging the progress!
Thank you sir !
Old 03-27-12, 07:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I knew some of those bolts on the exhaust from the downpipes will be hard to get out being rusty. An impact gun will be your best friend since you wont have much room for a breaker bar if your car is not on a lift. Once those 4 bolts are out , two on each side , take out the O2 sensors and four rubber holders and you got your exhaust out !

Old 03-27-12, 09:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

take the 4 bolts of the heat shield , 4 bolts of cross support and the 3 bolts on each side of the drive shaft and the two bolts at the center support bearing...

Old 03-27-12, 09:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Drive Shaft -> OUT

Old 03-27-12, 09:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today , I learned something new !!!!!!

I never knew that the driveshaft of an SC400 is a 2 piece with slip on splined connection. When I saw this

I was quite happy since I knew then, got the right pieces for my driveshaft I will need on this 2jzgte swap without any modifications. I always thought that the SC400 driveshaft was like the SC300 or Supra MKIV NA driveshaft. I was wrong.

Check these out , all 4 driveshafts -> SC400 , MKIV TT Auto , MKIV TT 6 Speed, MKIV NA Auto

The built BL Auto tranny I will be using has a 4 bolt flange. All I need is use the front part of the MKIV Auto TT driveshaft with the end part of the SC400 driveshaft.
Old 03-27-12, 10:06 AM
babillarac
Driver

Damn Gerry ,you work fast . Nice projects keep them both if you can. I got to fly you down to do some body work on mi car
btw : Thanks again for the v160 going in thursday
Old 03-27-12, 10:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by babillarac
Damn Gerry ,you work fast . Nice projects keep them both if you can. I got to fly you down to do some body work on mi car
btw : Thanks again for the v160 going in thursday
lololol , what are you doing here on CL Omar ? Sneaking on my SC builds ? lmaol ... get back to work and on the other forum we frequent..lololol...

I believe I will keep both SC and build on them. Am seriously considering on keeping only my built 6 speed Supra. The Auto TT Supra might have to go since I will have a 2jzgte SC with an Auto Tranny to play with... that will bring back some benjamins in my wallet .
Old 03-27-12, 10:37 AM
babillarac
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
lololol , what are you doing here on CL Omar ? Sneaking on my SC builds ? lmaol ... get back to work and on the other forum we frequent..lololol...

I believe I will keep both SC and build on them. Am seriously considering on keeping only my built 6 speed Supra. The Auto TT Supra might have to go since I will have a 2jzgte SC with an Auto Tranny to play with... that will bring back some benjamins in my wallet .
you know i love sc's .one day i will have one . I had to take half day off work. got a knee infection .I can barely walk. suck cause i was planning to install that v160 thursday
Old 03-27-12, 10:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that buddy ... hope you get well soon.

When you are ready to find an SC let me know.. will help you find one if you can't find one for a good price in FL. Cars there are always more expensive, lol. I don't know why. I guess it is because people like you have more money to burn on this expensive hobby...buying new parts every day then break them in a day at the track .. lmaol .. just kidding ... I know **** happens. Hey , we only live once and better make the most out of it and be happy. Afterall we all work hard for our toys... lol... If our kids had their toys ... big boys should have theirs too...
Old 03-27-12, 11:25 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I know these info will be helpful to someone one day when mix and matching of driveshart parts are needed for a build. There was a point in time when I wanted to use a 98-00 gs400 3.26 pumpkin with a TRD lsd with my MKIV Auto NA -> 6 speed swap and I badly wanted to know the lengths of these driveshafts and couldnt find them or maybe I didnt searched enough ...lol.. so I am posting them here for future references ..

Measurements do not include the rubber donut .

SC400 Auto >>> back part length is 36 & 1/2" >>>>> front part length is 15" >>>>> thickness of rubber donut (flex plate)on tranny & diff side is 1 & 1/8"
MKIV Auto TT >>> back part length is 31" >>>>> front part length is 15 & 3/4" >>>>> thickness of rubber donut(flex plate) on diff side is 1 & 1/4"
MKIV 6speed TT >>> back part length is 30" >>>>> front part length is 17 & 1/2" >>>>> thickness of rubber donut(flex plate) on diff side is 1 & 1/4"
MKIV Auto NA >>> end to end lenght is 45" >>>>> thickness of rubber donut(flex plate) on diff side is 1 & 1/8"

I wish someone can chime in on other driveshaft length like that of SC300 with W58, MKIV with W58 and those which have been upgraded to R154 so people can have a reference chart.

One thing you need to watch out also , depending on the year model of your SC400, the tri-bolt flange on both side of the driveshaft maybe smaller or bigger. I believe 92-97 SC400 have the smaller tri-bolt flange on both end of driveshaft and 98-99 SC400 have the bigger one. What does that mean ? A 92-97 SC400 driveshaft , having a smaller front and end tri-bolt flange and rubber donut (flex plate) wont bolt in to the Supra Auto TT diff which has the bigger tri-bolt flange and also wont bolt into the Aristo tranny tri-bolt flange which has a bigger tri-bolt flange.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-12 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-27-12, 12:16 PM
babillarac
Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Sorry to hear that buddy ... hope you get well soon.

When you are ready to find an SC let me know.. will help you find one if you can't find one for a good price in FL. Cars there are always more expensive, lol. I don't know why. I guess it is because people like you have more money to burn on this expensive hobby...buying new parts every day then break them in a day at the track .. lmaol .. just kidding ... I know **** happens. Hey , we only live once and better make the most out of it and be happy. Afterall we all work hard for our toys... lol... If our kids had their toys ... big boys should have theirs too...
i let you know in couple of months, i wish the money part was true lol . man you can open a junkyard witl all the parts you got

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys