Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Bringing her back from the dead IS350

Old 03-06-12, 02:39 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bringing her back from the dead IS350

I just can't stay away. A while back i was involved in an accident that totaled out my car (Worked with bodyshop to total it) 4 months later finally settling with insurance, they gave me some money and let me keep my car to sell (to parts dealer of course) to make up the difference. The car is still sitting in my garage. I wanted another car but do not want a car note. after thinking it over and over again i decided i'm going to fix it. I love my IS350, never gave me any problems. She's 06 with about 70k miles on her. The bags did not deploy during impact so thank goodness it's all in tact. Engine has no leaks or anythng just structural and cosmetic damages.

This what it looked like before the wreck, this is on her 5th set of wheels.

This is after when it was sitting at a tow yard.

This is bringing her home after insurance settled.

You can see where the shock tower is pushed back

it's being taking apart

now i'm waiting on next week for a family friend to look at it and see what he can do as far as getting her straighten back out.

before the wreck i wanted to do the 09-10 bumper with a lip but now I plan to buy a 09-10 whole front clip to make it easier to fix.

Let me know what you all think about it.

It will end up having a rebuilt title after it gets inspected but i don't plan on ever selling the car so it doesn't really bother me as far as value goes. As long as everything gets fixed properly and i've been reassured with the technology today that you couldn't ever tell it was wrecked. I'll still have a 06 lexus is350 and no car note, nobody is going to know unless i tell them and you all know LOL.

Hopefully i'll get some progress going soon so i can share with you all.

I got a future mod list for days.

This will end up being my build thread too. Thanks for looking
Old 03-06-12, 02:50 AM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

DAMMMMMMMMMMN GINA!!!!! And I thought what I was dealing with was bad, however..DO WORK! Any reason you're opting for the 09 front....instead of the '11 front??
Old 03-06-12, 02:58 AM
DiDiMau
Driver

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
DAMMMMMMMMMMN GINA!!!!! And I thought what I was dealing with was bad, however..DO WORK! Any reason you're opting for the 09 front....instead of the '11 front??
I love the 09 front end bcause they are a little more aggressive then the 06 but also because of Lexon front lip, I <3 it LOL. Oh also if i ever have the $$$ i want the JDM fog lights those will only fit in 06-10 i believe. don't get me wrong '11 front end are nice too.
Old 03-06-12, 03:54 AM
cdubb883
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go for it. She did look great before the accident. Im certain you can get her back to 100% over time. Im sorry see her in this condition... but i can see what you want to do with her. good luck bro...
Old 03-06-12, 03:55 AM
cdubb883
Driver

Hey if you dont mind me asking, what size are the wheels on her and what brand? The cost? are you selling your wheels? not trying to be a bastard.. just curious...
Old 03-06-12, 03:59 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow that was a hard hit. Good luck with the repairs. She was lookin bad as ish in that 1st pic.
Old 03-06-12, 04:24 AM
HAYSTACK
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant believe the air bags did not deploy. It doesnt look bad at all, I bet the insurance didnt want to total it.
Old 03-06-12, 05:48 AM
cdubb883
Driver

Insurance company would've kept it and sold it for three times it would be worth...
Old 03-06-12, 06:19 AM
speedstar
Pole Position

get it back on the roadd!!
Old 03-06-12, 06:31 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I remember that hit. Hurts to see such a beautiful car damaged. How bout an F front end? That's Agressive. Good luck!
Old 03-06-12, 06:35 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

good luck on you're journey, what wheels are those?
Old 03-06-12, 07:02 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

shes deffinately fixable!!!!!!!! the damage is not so bad...... we just did my gf's solara in my friends backyard. Get what ever parts you can of the junkayrd, that doesnot look to bad of a fix at all!
Before:

After:
Old 03-06-12, 11:05 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks, good lucky with the repairs, if u were in FL i would have the perfect shop to send you to....
Old 03-06-12, 04:19 PM
DiDiMau
Driver

Originally Posted by cdubb883
I say go for it. She did look great before the accident. Im certain you can get her back to 100% over time. Im sorry see her in this condition... but i can see what you want to do with her. good luck bro...
Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Wow that was a hard hit. Good luck with the repairs. She was lookin bad as ish in that 1st pic.
Thanks you all

Originally Posted by cdubb883
Hey if you dont mind me asking, what size are the wheels on her and what brand? The cost? are you selling your wheels? not trying to be a bastard.. just curious...
Originally Posted by Vroomin350
good luck on you're journey, what wheels are those?
The wheels are DPE S20's 19x8.5 front and 20x9.5 rear. I got a really sweet deal on these. Brand new they are about $1000+ a piece. The offsets are weak and one of the front wheels got damaged during the wreck so i'm gonna get them all re-barreled to specs equivalent to 19x9.5+12 in front and 20x10.5 +12 offset. The fitment i had on my previous DPE R16 was pretty close to what i wanted as far as fitment goes. I can't remember the size of them, but new setup should be a tad more aggressive.

Originally Posted by HAYSTACK
Cant believe the air bags did not deploy. It doesnt look bad at all, I bet the insurance didnt want to total it.
Haystack, I guess when i lowered it the sensors went down a tad too so if i wasn't lowered it prolly would have.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I remember that hit. Hurts to see such a beautiful car damaged. How bout an F front end? That's Agressive. Good luck!
Thanks man. Your's is coming a long great!!! I love it

Originally Posted by mixa86
shes deffinately fixable!!!!!!!! the damage is not so bad...... we just did my gf's solara in my friends backyard. Get what ever parts you can of the junkayrd, that doesnot look to bad of a fix at all!
That definitely gives me hope. I can picture her back together. The toughest part is the inner structural damages.
Old 03-06-12, 06:01 PM
scorpionge
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nicely put.. congrats on catching a deal with the insurance company.. not many are that lucky

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bringing her back from the dead IS350