Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project: clean up...wut?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 12:01 AM
TTslug
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: clean up...wut?

I picked this up for a more DD suitable car, in hopes for a fun, quick car for my 2 hour drive to work. and keep my 93 twin turbo stealth that i am putting together as my fast car.

Well of course that didn't go as planned. thank you lexusclub, i am sucked into this community,love the car more then i thought i would, love the engine, the look of these cars when the time is put into them so here we are. i am going to de-tune the stealth, instead of 25psi and aem ems, i will be doing a safc, 15psi and pump gas and make it more of a DD and start this project .

so enough talk more details.

the day i picked it up:

19995 lexus sc300

mods

1jzgte full drop out from a soarer 2.5tt . - auto trans,ecu, engine, harness

the worst exhaust job i have seen in my entire life - dragger from supra buttfu^k under the car
FMIC
Knock off tail bov

pictures of the car. NOTE THE DOORS ARE OPEN IN THE PICS.

Now, 5 hours after i picked up the car, the car wouldn't start, i tried everything, i finally tracked it down 5 days later to a broken wire. reconnected it, and its a champ once again.

now the plan begins.

PROJECT: CLEAN UP ENGAGED.....WUT?
Old 02-08-12, 12:06 AM
TTslug
Rookie

plans for this weekend.

ordereing a downpipe and full cat-back. going to go the supra mk4 way and make it work. i dont need a spare tire so it will be hammed away as most do, along with adding enough piping to make it long enough. shouldn't be to much of a problem.

also

i ordered about 10 minutes, today being 2/8/2012
roof spoiler/ visor

also ordered

yellow flim for the fog lights

a friend has mk4 brand new struts and springs, hoping to grab those up this week, going to order megan lowering springs to add to them for a total of about 2.25-2.50 inch drop.

also going to clean the car up a crap ton this weekend. since we seem to have some decently warm winter this year.
Old 02-08-12, 04:23 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car!

That's good you are leaving the DSM as the "Fast" car, they sure do break fast, don't they!?
Old 02-08-12, 04:58 AM
TTslug
Rookie

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Nice car!

That's good you are leaving the DSM as the "Fast" car, they sure do break fast, don't they!?
the stealth isn't really a dsm, all dsm's are 4cyl, my is a v6 and built in japan. but anyways, it wont really be the fast car, more of a quick 400whp summer crusier and sometime in the winter. i will end up buying another daily next winter. while the sc and stealth stay out of the salt.

but thank you, it does need some tlc. but i am going to give it to her.
Old 02-08-12, 10:45 AM
SleeperTTz
Rookie

Never heard a stealth described as "the fast car". Most of the time they have been the broken car or the money pit that i hate in my garage. I used to love them, till i figured out no matter what the car was going to break something.

Looks like you have a great SC to start with.
Old 02-08-12, 02:05 PM
TTslug
Rookie

thanks!, the sc is my new found love
Old 02-08-12, 02:12 PM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a stealth out of the box is what 300-315hp? in the world of "fast" cars, thats well on par with modern sti's, evo, 350z, etc. turn up the boost, some modest upgrades, and your well in the 400whp range. ive always liked them, almost bought one before i got my wrx, based on the lack of aftermarket support and the glass gear boxes i decided not too, but that doesnt in anyway discredit their merit.

and heck yeah man! feels good when you trace down that one friggin wire thats causing the problem, fix it. then that beautiful engine noise is music to the ears!
Old 02-08-12, 03:28 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TTslug
the stealth isn't really a dsm, all dsm's are 4cyl, my is a v6 and built in japan. but anyways, it wont really be the fast car, more of a quick 400whp summer crusier and sometime in the winter. i will end up buying another daily next winter. while the sc and stealth stay out of the salt.

I know, after several Talons, Eclipses and GVR4 #638/1000 I'm pretty schooled up on them. My poor attempt at a joke.

And if anyone who has never put their hands on a 3S, they know that it's a nightmare to work on so how much power you make it irrelevant to how much you will be fixing it.

Older Mitsus are cool, just don't make them your Daily Driver, you will pay for it.
Old 02-08-12, 04:46 PM
TTslug
Rookie

yea, the downtime they have is stupid. well in this case i may just part the stealth out, since the lexus is just as much of a dsm as the stealth .

TODAYS UPDATE : driving to work, i got the death whine while in boost. yay.... this car just never wants to not mess up. and the kicker! im still 2 hours from home. i drive back home tomorrow night. hopefully this dead turbo wont let loss and kill the engine on the ride home. i will be extra careful not to hit any sort of boost. and just cruise it home. i figure if dont beat it, grandma the car i can drive it until a replacement turbo comes in
Old 02-08-12, 05:13 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTslug

The project you are taking on right now sounds nice. Looks like it will be fun! Anyway, Looks like you have a good project to start with.

LOL so you are saying that the "3000GT/Stealth" is not a DSM and that they never made it in Japan... Sorry that makes me laugh! The Stealth is the same chassis and drivetrain as the 3000GT. Other than the body panels its the same car. Sorry just my view on it. Not trying to insult just made me laugh. Anyway, Good luck on the project and You should post some pics of the other car too.
Old 02-08-12, 05:22 PM
TTslug
Rookie

the stealth was inported for dodge. all dsm's are built in usa and have the tag dsm. yes my car is the exact same as the 3000gt. and it was built in japan, my dodge bumper says mistu on the inside. its not a insult. im not arguing i guess its more of a inside joke with 3000gt guys about our cars not being dsm's.

i can post pics but as of late im thinking of just parting that car since the lexus needs some love for sure. as in new turbo lol
Old 02-08-12, 05:57 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

I got ya! Well hopefully it will help the SC breath better!
Old 02-08-12, 06:05 PM
TTslug
Rookie

I just hope it makes it home, i was told it should be a good if i dont boost it, it wasn't smoking it, it only whines when i am in boost, and it still built boost. so it seems that the turbo is 100% done, but on its last legs. and should be replaced asap, so i will be crusing home, and watching the tail pipe the whole time

lets hope for no smoke and no loss in oil pressure and it drives ok home.
Old 02-08-12, 06:06 PM
lilnado
Rookie

1st thing i would do look for the common problems interior wise then check all the cables for signs of wear and tear tape and fix nice car by the way check for a cheap ebay turbo and use it and rebuild the old one as a spare
Old 02-08-12, 06:19 PM
TTslug
Rookie

Originally Posted by lilnado
1st thing i would do look for the common problems interior wise then check all the cables for signs of wear and tear tape and fix nice car by the way check for a cheap ebay turbo and use it and rebuild the old one as a spare
yea, im thinking a ebay turbo will be the way to get it back on the road until i can go single.

Quick Reply: Project: clean up...wut?