Blitz_714 ISF Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-13, 08:51 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Some iphone shots rite now lolz

This really turned out nice. It is close to the look of the TRD hood but somewhat more aggressive. When you get a chance would you be willing to post pics of what it looks like on the underside of the hood. Did you remove the hood liner or cut or retain it and cut holes in it?

Originally Posted by amgone75
Looks great Kody cant wait for outside / rolling shots im next in line. bringing it next week ish. im going with a different vent setup but same concept and the red in the background i think its this one....
David,
More info on these please. Curious as to the dimensions and whether they have the rain guards, similar to Kody's

Also, on a related note. Was looking at an LFA at my local dealer yesterday and noted that its hood vents had no guards and you looked straight through the mesh to the engine bay. The snorkle hole that comes up against the bottom of the hood vent only takes up a small percentage of the opening. Just providing this for context. I realize that few LFA owners will be driving their cars in inclement weather (when they drive them at all) but, I dont think Lexus designed the car with the assumption that this would be the case 100% of the time. Although, there may be other things done under the hood to parts/components to fend off the elements that are coming through those hood openings.

Last edited by weswork; 04-14-13 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-14-13, 10:20 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...nice work.

Digger08
Old 04-14-13, 12:21 PM
atl08isf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hood looks great, nice and clean
Old 04-14-13, 02:50 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am so jealous. They look amazing! How did you get away with not having to repaint the hood?
Old 04-14-13, 10:20 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Just F Me
I saw Blitz_714's car earlier...looks cute with the new carbon vents
i know u like it dont u

Originally Posted by PYSpeed.com
looks great!!
Thanks
Originally Posted by weswork
This really turned out nice. It is close to the look of the TRD hood but somewhat more aggressive. When you get a chance would you be willing to post pics of what it looks like on the underside of the hood. Did you remove the hood liner or cut and retain it and cut holes in it?

Yes , i the got the inspiration from ISF-CCRS TRD just a bit smaller , also a member here airvtec has it with different angles , and yes exactly in that order about cutting the hood. Will take pictures tomorrow during the daytime

David,
More info on these please. Curious as to the dimensions and whether they have the rain guards, similar to Kody's

Also, on a related note. Was looking at an LFA at my local dealer yesterday and noted that its hood vents had no guards and you looked straight through the mesh to the engine bay. The snorkle hole that comes up against the bottom of the hood vent only takes up a small percentage of the opening. Just providing this for context. I realize that few LFA owners will be driving their cars in inclement weather (when they drive them at all) but, I dont think Lexus designed the car with the assumption that this would be the case 100% of the time. Although, there may be other things done under the hood to parts/components to fend off the elements that are coming through those hood openings.
my thoughts exactly, after seeing the LFA, ISF CCRS track and street version in person more than once . My already came with the rain gauges but u can always remove it if u cut the vent closer to the side panels black plastics=This is exactly what i did, so when the water comes in the gauge it funnel thru channel down the side of the plastic cover and continues downward the ground. I woudlnt recommended cut and instal not on top of the engine cover. For more air diffuser , like at the track, canyon driving. Will take pictures of it maybe with the gauges and with out
Originally Posted by digger08
Wow...nice work.
Thanks

Digger08
Originally Posted by atl08isf
hood looks great, nice and clean
Thanks again
Originally Posted by zapa
I am so jealous. They look amazing! How did you get away with not having to repaint the hood?
Yeah my good friend does has mad skills
Old 04-15-13, 05:36 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I hate you... ;-)
Old 04-15-13, 05:57 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Lol reverse psychology lol eh melbitoast

Here a few pictures rite now taken By iPhone

As u can see , u can take the rain gauges out if u want to diffuse air more during track or canyon or long trip , simply just unbolt 2 nut each side . Oh and it drizzled a bit earlier today on the way to work I checked under the hood , I seem a dew water lines marks on each side of the black cover plastic . I'll take of the rain gauges on Wednesday to take a few pictures

Last edited by ISF4life; 04-15-13 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-17-13, 03:00 PM
scrosby
Driver

Looks great Kody.
Old 04-17-13, 03:57 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

how much did the vents run ya bro?
Old 04-17-13, 04:00 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scrosby
Looks great Kody.
Thanks
Originally Posted by LiLS
how much did the vents run ya bro?
Mfgr is 1265$ i paid 1118$ shipped That for all future ClubLexus discount also
Old 04-17-13, 05:20 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Thanks

Mfgr is 1265$ i paid 1118$ shipped That for all future ClubLexus discount also
you rock! i got my novel stuff in as well...dang any idae what labor ran like
Old 04-17-13, 07:07 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Labor is about 400$ to 500$ If they dont repaint the hood and that is real professional. The vents kit also comes with 2 templates but just for safe go to Kinko and make a few more copy or download from their website. Tell your mechanic to cut about 1/8 of an inches smaller than actual size itself. The rest he can sand it down and smooth out the edges and spray OEM touch paint around it to prevented from rusting will fit perfectly . The 2nd option is to cut and molded , sanded and repaint the whole hood which a member Norcal did it which is going to cost double and the car have to stay there at least a week. I tried not to do that route, i want to keep as OEM paint as possible. But if u want VIP style then yeah go rite ahead to do so :P
Old 04-17-13, 11:41 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

damn i wish i was in cali!!!! where can i buy that vent whats the contact info
Old 04-18-13, 01:39 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiLS
damn i wish i was in cali!!!! where can i buy that vent whats the contact info
We do still offer the hood vent kit, however, this is a non-inventory item.

Average lead time is 2-4 weeks

3301-18211 - msrp $1285.00

We can sell them for $1118 shipped within the lower 48 states.

I have also attached the measurements for the air outlet kit. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Andrew@IND
www.ind-distribution.com

that is the exact email i got from them u can email Andrew back , damn good service and fast shipping exactly 2 weeks from Japan
Old 04-19-13, 08:28 AM
Cb815
Rookie

Got the ISF yesterday and today coudlnt waited any longer to installed some goodies , JIC coils, joez intake, Tom's front lip, and Radar detector and all LED interior and LED drl.

Hey blitz, I love your build, I'm looking for some advice on what I should add next to my mod. Right now I added new springs, intake and wheels. I'm stuck in between an exhaust or continue with the exterior (toms diffuser). What do you suggest (build king). . ?

Last edited by Cb815; 04-19-13 at 08:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Blitz_714 ISF Build