Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

I'm Back.....Again !!!!!

Old 03-12-15, 10:06 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

GS,

Radiator is on the agenda. Next month car gets all engine upgrades so it will be after that.

Go back a couple of pages and you'll see the new wheels. Not very good pics yet. As soon as weather gets better I'll take some more.

Shane
Old 03-12-15, 02:03 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

I didn't even realize you went with the SP540s. I ended up ordering the D540s for my SC. Brushed and cleared all the way through. I'll post up pics when they come in. I hope they look as good as yours do.

Steve
Old 03-16-15, 10:12 AM
SSmith
Instructor

So, since my car came back I have had the most annoying screeching sound coming from the rear. I looked everywhere trying to find it and finally assumed it was my rear tein on the drivers side. The last few days I have torn the car down redoing wiring and adding more sound deadening. Yesterday I had my son drive while I sat in the back trying to find noise. That proved to not be a lot of help so when we got back I started rocking the car until I heard the noise. I finally figured out that it must be the mount we did for my second battery. After pulling that all a part I realized that wasn't it either. At this point I'm pissed and have decided I'll just sell this SOB because I'm not going to listen to this noise forever. As I started to put battery side back together I noticed the screw poking out without a nut on it next to my battery. As soon as I moved it, "bam" there was my noise. It seems my buddy Steve when he was making the bracket to help hold my battery had left the nut off my power antenna support. That damn screw coming through that hole made the worse sound possible. One nut later, and no more noise. I am a happy camper once again.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails I'm Back.....Again !!!!!-antennanut.jpg  
Old 03-17-15, 08:21 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Here's some completed pics. New processor wiring all done. Took a lot of stuff out and shortened a lot of wiring. Redid some of the wiring for my fuel pumps on the other side and cleaned up that wiring. I had to pull passenger door panel off too so I took pics of the 7" Scan Speak Revelator in the door and the rest of the deadening on the door. Next, cleaning up some wiring at the amps.

Shane
Old 03-17-15, 10:13 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Every time I look at this thread I see new ways I can fix things on my car.

In the 3rd picture is that a distribution block for your fuel pump relays?
Old 03-18-15, 08:35 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Yes, I put in a distribution block for the pumps so it would be easier to fuse them. Also with everything in this location and the way my trunk is set up it's a lot easier to get to if something happens.

Shane
Old 03-30-15, 01:43 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Again guys, these aren't the greatest but just got car back to my shop before it leaves again. Needs a bath but these look pretty good.

Shne
Old 03-30-15, 02:05 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Very nice I like that raw/machine finish on them.....they hybrid version looks sick though with the step lip

Last edited by CatManD3W; 03-30-15 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-31-15, 01:07 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Very nice I like that raw/machine finish on them.....they hybrid version looks sick though with the step lip

Mine get here tomorrow

Steve K.
Old 04-01-15, 07:49 PM
4rcedfed
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking of buying this car before you. I always wondered what happened to it. Looks great.
Old 04-16-15, 10:46 AM
SSmith
Instructor

I've been trying forever to find a Pro-Fit mount to replace my butterfly cup holder. I finally found one and installed along with a spring mount for my I-phone 6. Got it installed and also installed the leftover Alpine USB cable I had at the bottom of the cup holder. I have a 4" cable that connects from the phone to the USB port. The USB port is super glued and does not budge. I loved how it turned out and it gets rid of that stupid cup holder.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails I'm Back.....Again !!!!!-pro1.jpg   I'm Back.....Again !!!!!-pro2.jpg  

Last edited by SSmith; 04-16-15 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-19-15, 07:44 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shane, that mount looks awesome. I am in need of a proper spot to mount my iphone in my sc300. Is this a bolt on buyable piece? If so where do I find it? Or is it custom made? Can you provide more details?
Old 05-07-15, 01:21 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Hipsi,

The Pro-Fit mount is part number LX-53-92. Good luck finding one. The holder you can get from anybody.

Thanks,

Shane
Old 05-08-15, 05:50 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been following this thread intently as I am sure many others have but just haven't chimed in from being awestruck by the attention to detail. More than I could ever imagine doing to my car. Some of the mods are for a more discerning taste (truck and A pillars). But I can certainly appreciate the effort and detail....

Your wheels look great but I was dying to see the ones from the black BMW go on there. I would love to see a StopTech Trophy setup behind your wheels or a 14" Brembo kit.

Great car, truly!!!!
Old 05-11-15, 09:23 AM
SSmith
Instructor

kbb,

I think the deal with my car is that isn't a lot of wow factor in pictures. Wherever I take the car out and people see it first hand I usually get stuck for a while talking about it. If I pop the trunk it goes to another level. I'm happy with it.

Shane

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm Back.....Again !!!!!