Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

I'm Back.....Again !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 01:10 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ha Ha,

It's a bunch. Once it gets back I'm going to clean some of it up and replace some with shorter runs. Moving the processor is going to really make a difference on adding things in the future.

Shane
Old 02-25-15, 10:27 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Well, my baby is back home. When the weather gets better I'll take some better pics of the new wheels. They look fantastic on the car.

Shane
Old 02-25-15, 11:25 AM
Sett26
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I love you sound setup. I'm trying to get mine on this level someday.
Old 02-27-15, 11:20 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Redoing some things in my console to accommodate USB charging and the hook up for my Alpine adapter cord. The one hole has a grommet that goes in it for the cord that goes up front for Iphone.

Shane
Old 02-27-15, 03:43 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Shane,

Thanks for posting up your build man. I purchased a 94 SC300 with only 68K miles on it last week. One owner Florida car. It is in pristine condition. I drove it back home about 3 hours and really like it. It does need some updates though. My plans are to swap the rear end to an auto Supra TT rear end along with the TRD diff, built Supra Turbo automatic since they are stronger, and NA-T kit along with the usual suspension, brakes, and wheel/tire upgrades. I also need to update the stereo and plan to do the sounding deadening like I did in the Supra with Second Skin stuff.

This thread will really help me with my project so thanks for taking time out.

Steve
Old 03-02-15, 11:25 AM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great. I love the detail that you put into your build and that you don't skimp on components. Nice work.
Old 03-02-15, 12:56 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Thanks guys.

Steve,

I'm glad mine was mostly done when I got it. Of course god knows what I've spent since then. Getting a low mileage car like you did is an awesome start. I've only got 75K right now on mine.
If it were me I'd do suspension and wheels first, stereo then turbo. Technology changes so much I'd wait till last to do the NA/T kit.

Shane
Old 03-02-15, 09:55 PM
1A1
Instructor

Originally Posted by SSmith
Thanks guys.

Steve,

I'm glad mine was mostly done when I got it. Of course god knows what I've spent since then. Getting a low mileage car like you did is an awesome start. I've only got 75K right now on mine.
If it were me I'd do suspension and wheels first, stereo then turbo. Technology changes so much I'd wait till last to do the NA/T kit.

Shane
That's the plan Shane.

Steve
Old 03-09-15, 09:40 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

I just went through all 36 pages of this thread. The attention to detail is amazing on this car.

I wish I had seen this thread before and thought to drill more holes into the speaker cover when I did my system. My speakers sound a bit muffled and it has always annoyed me. Were there any major issues fitting the 7" speakers into the door? My friend mentioned that he wanted to fit 7" speakers into my doors when we redo everything. I'll probably end up copying what you did and using HDPE and cutting the doors to position the speaker properly.
Old 03-10-15, 08:56 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Blk,

No, they fit but it's tight. I'd highly recommend the Scan Speaks I installed as they sound fantastic in my doors. Price range is pretty reasonable. Mid-bass is incredible. There is a ton of deadening done in the doors too. You basically have to mount the driver as close to the window regulator as possible. You'll be able to see that when you do it. If I can be of any help let me know. I'm doing a lot of rewiring now as I moved my processor so I've got more pics coming soon.

Shane
Old 03-10-15, 09:46 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

I believe the scan speaks were what my friend had in mind when he recommended 7" speakers.

Does all the sound deadening add significant weight to the door? I damaged a lot of the old interior panels on my car when I installed the system, so I have a lot of rattles now (which made me regret installing the system), but I'm slowly looking for undamaged panels to install when I do the sound deadening.
Old 03-11-15, 10:06 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Well, as people have pointed out there is a lot of wire in my car so I have been removing what is not needed and cleaning up what is. When we moved my processor a lot of things changed and a lot of things needed to be cleaned up. I also added a streaming Bluetooth module to my processor and that had to be installed. Here are some of the clean up pics. I still need to reroute the RCA's going to the back and a couple of more cables. Added some dynamat to that back wall and wheel well too.

[URL=http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/S_Smith100/media/Rewire8001_zps9gthhrep.jpg.html][/URL

]

Shane

Last edited by SSmith; 03-11-15 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-12-15, 03:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Shane - is perfection your middle name ?

That car is getting better and better ! A lot of time needed and sweat poured to get everything clean just like yours... especially in places not seen.

gerrb
Old 03-12-15, 09:06 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Gerb,

Being **** retentive is a curse. What people don't see and I haven't done this yet on the stuff I've redone is I label every wire going to something just in case I ever sell the car and someone has to get into fixing something. I've got headliner out of it now dynamating roof and putting in some foam to cure some subwoofer rattles. I'll be posting those pics next. Then the trunk wall has to come out to wire tire the new wiring going to my amplifiers. That is not going to be fun.

Shane
Old 03-12-15, 09:15 AM
1A1
Instructor

Love the audio upgrades. I plan on upgrading mine, but not to this extent.

Steve K.

Quick Reply: I'm Back.....Again !!!!!