Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 11:23 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap

Well its time to begin a new chapter for my car I have decided to rip out the supercharged engine and replace it with a 2jzgte and do the single turbo conversion. I have been doing a lot of research on CL over the years and have watched as others have done the transformation. I decided that I had to have it. Even though my swap will be done by a shop not in my garage or front yard as others have done I hope to get a little hands on experience with this mod and learn a bit about the engine. I will post up pics and try to answer questions if I can but I am not as knowledgeable as most of the guys here. So after years of plotting and planning HERE WE GO! Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I started off by buying the engine and some other goodies from a CL member.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...lete-swap.html

So far I have the engine and the goodies that came with it.
HKS BOV
Titan Motorsports 2JZ Turbo kit (Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about it?)
67mm Precision Turbo
Tweak'd 2JZ engine harness - Sponsorship (One came with the engine I bought as well so it is for sale if anyone is interested?)

What else do you guys suggest that I add to complete the build? What engine management is suggested at this point? It won't be a daily driven car but I do want to make 450-500HP and have it be very reliable.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-engine.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-titanmotorsports_2269_834789616.jpeg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-wastegate.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-turbo.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-bov.jpg  

Old 08-24-13, 07:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I was wondering when this was going to happen Mark..Can't wait to follow this.. .GL with your build..
Old 08-24-13, 11:22 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking like this is about to turn super awesome!

Is that a Supra 4" downpipe/midpipe combo? If so it's probably gonna be a really tight squeeze! I'm only judging by the amount of clearance on a 3" na-t, but still..

Midpipe will probably rub heat shield near the first 45* angle. Should fit with about 7 inches extended on the last straight section nearest the cat-back. Also, check if the downpipe and turbo exhaust housing have male and a female (one thicker, one thinner) vband and that the clamp will seal them together. For some dumb reason a lot of generic ss downpipes come with thicker vband like the turbo housings and won't clamp for crap.

Lot of talk about pipes, I apologize. And it may or may not be useless info. lol
Old 08-25-13, 05:37 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i personally would not have bought the titan kit because i feel like you can piece together a kit for cheaper. but i understand its easier to buy everything packaged together, as for stand alone i would deff see who tunes what in your area, the last thing you want is to buy a system then send the car someplace to get tuned. but since your going to need it to control the stock trans, i would look into haltech or motec re you can go with the hks unit. some people have luck with the aem ver 2 with the auto trans, i deff recommend you sending the transmission to atf speed in florida to build it..
Old 08-25-13, 07:48 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good to see you at it again Mark! Can't wait to see this in the ride.
Old 08-27-13, 08:23 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Revive
Looking like this is about to turn super awesome!

Is that a Supra 4" downpipe/midpipe combo? If so it's probably gonna be a really tight squeeze! I'm only judging by the amount of clearance on a 3" na-t, but still..

Midpipe will probably rub heat shield near the first 45* angle. Should fit with about 7 inches extended on the last straight section nearest the cat-back. Also, check if the downpipe and turbo exhaust housing have male and a female (one thicker, one thinner) vband and that the clamp will seal them together. For some dumb reason a lot of generic ss downpipes come with thicker vband like the turbo housings and won't clamp for crap.

Lot of talk about pipes, I apologize. And it may or may not be useless info. lol
3" pipes so I hope it fits without too many issues.
Old 09-11-13, 04:24 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Nice to see some progress. The old engine is out so the magic is about to happen!
Attached Thumbnails Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-progress2.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-progress1.jpg  
Old 09-11-13, 05:46 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for the end result. Hopefully I'll be going single in the next few weeks.
Old 09-11-13, 06:17 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Selling the supercharger kit?
Old 09-11-13, 07:10 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Selling the supercharger kit?
I already have a buyer but I will post it if something falls through.
Old 10-16-13, 07:37 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

The supercharger kit is for sale, asking $2850.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-dscn1488_small.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-dscn1493_small.jpg   Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap-dscn1490_small.jpg  
Old 10-27-13, 09:59 AM
solowlex
Pole Position

ah this is going to be sick!
I remember you saying 300 horsepower was just not enough anymore im glad your doing a 2jz swap!
i cant wait until i go single turbo on mine i will most deff be hovering over your build thread
Old 11-09-13, 08:54 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see ya keeping the car and swaping motors........... GL dude
Old 11-11-13, 03:51 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

If your going to push that motor and trans past 400hp make sure you beef up that transmission! Titan 3500 stall, vb upgrade, maybe upgraded sprag kit and a trans cooler! While everything is out you might as well so you arnt doing double work in the end!

Can't wait to see this!
Old 01-11-14, 11:59 PM
tdciv
Driver

i have to say this is the car that got me wanting to build a gs300 any update's

Quick Reply: Automan's 2jzgte single turbo swap