Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

98 GS400 Mod Journal

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 08:38 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also let me know if your doing any awesome mods soon, I'm all ears to learn new tricks or if i can share my knowledge (limited as that may be) I'll be glad to do so.
Old 12-14-11, 09:21 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smooth0033
That sucks about your SC4. That is a super clean GS4 though. Big VIP plans? huh any sneak peeks into those ideas?
Lets just say I really love the way the Junction Produce products look on these cars... Yeah I just did the interior, brakes, steering and suspension on my SC4 and that dumb a$$ comes along and hits me its the story of my life. The same thing happened to my Chrysler Conquest TSI aka (Mitsu Starion).
Old 12-23-11, 10:24 AM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Default Update

A couple of pics of the car in progress:

RCA (front):

LS4 BBK:
Thanks to 5t341th for his help on this

TEIN CS w/ EDFC, TRD Sway Bars (front & rear), Steering Bushing Kit, Front End Bushing Kit, RCA (rear):

Body Kit, Custom Headlights from JLC:

They're telling me mid to end of january to have the car complete, then I still gotta head over to wire the lgihts, re do the tint and get the audio installed. Then I think I will be happy at least momentarily. LOL
Old 12-23-11, 11:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Did you change springs on your Teins? Mine are black.... Anyway car is coming along great.. Everything looks well done... Nice to have a lift were everything can done at once...
Old 12-23-11, 11:43 AM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Yea I know right, lifts make the difference, "the right tool for the job, always gets the job done right".

I noticed the color of the springs too when they came in. I saw on the site that CS were black. At first we were going to do FLEX coils but after reasearch decided to go with CS coils and I did notice that even on the TEIN website the springs are black but mine are green, it does have a plaque on the coils that says "comfort sport", you can see it in one of the pics, maybe they changed the color of the springs to be more TEIN recognizable? Since green coils is associated with TEIN.
Old 12-23-11, 01:38 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Definitely coming along nicely! Where did you get the hardware to adapt the LS4 BBK? Because on my SC they were a direct bolt on check'em out.
Front before:

Rear before:
After front:

Rear after:

I also installed some MKIV KYB AGX struts with Megan MKIV springs and some red sheathed SS brake lines. Excuse the greasy hand prints on the strut body.
I have a brand new set of LS4 calipers just waiting to go on my GS4 just need to purchase the things I need to in stall them.
Old 12-23-11, 01:47 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Originally Posted by socal72
Definitely coming along nicely! Where did you get the hardware to adapt the LS4 BBK? Because on my SC they were a direct bolt on check'em out.
Front before:

Rear before:
After front:

Rear after:

I also installed some MKIV KYB AGX struts with Megan MKIV springs and some red sheathed SS brake lines. Excuse the greasy hand prints on the strut body.
I have a brand new set of LS4 calipers just waiting to go on my GS4 just need to purchase the things I need to in stall them.
You're going to need LS4 rotors also, (common sense right, well I totally overlooked that...lol)
You are also going to need the RCA kit, otherwise your brake calipers will not bolt on smoothly, they will rub. I got my RCA kit from exactmotorsports, I purchased front and rear for my build but if you just need the front they sell them seperately. The RCA kit will lower the front of your vehicle a bit. You can do a search in the GS2 forum use keyword RCA, you can read plenty of info on that.

You can see my cost breakdown here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...gen-gs-15.html
Old 12-23-11, 02:57 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by smooth0033
You're going to need LS4 rotors also, (common sense right, well I totally overlooked that...lol)
You are also going to need the RCA kit, otherwise your brake calipers will not bolt on smoothly, they will rub. I got my RCA kit from exactmotorsports, I purchased front and rear for my build but if you just need the front they sell them seperately. The RCA kit will lower the front of your vehicle a bit. You can do a search in the GS2 forum use keyword RCA, you can read plenty of info on that.

You can see my cost breakdown here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...gen-gs-15.html
Yeah forgot to mention that you have to use LS4 rotors, most people don't know that you have to..lol Thanks for the info I really appreciate it . Cant wait to see the finished product !
Old 01-04-12, 09:42 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Default Update 1/4/12

Just an update on the body work, stopped by the shop to see the progress, can't wait to get this car on the road.

I'm not super sold on these wheels for this car now that it's lowered and the kit has been fitted. I think I need to get a high polish on them, or perhaps a different wheel on the car. It seems like the front wheels could be wider, so perhaps maybe get the front wheels redone and while i'm at it get all the wheels polished. I just don't know!! Maybe I'll just wait to see what those wheels will look like once the car is painted and the wheels have been really clean and out in the sun stuntin. What do you guys think?

-cLos
Old 01-05-12, 05:13 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car is coming along well. Some nice mods you got there. I'm going to look into the LS400 brakes now too.

Not really feeling the wheels either, but better than stock wheels in any case.
Old 01-05-12, 09:24 AM
justjosh
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Car is looking great! I want to get those rotors for my LS calipers.
Old 01-05-12, 10:13 AM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get this on the road. The rotors are stoptech/centric. pm me if u want details on price and where I got them from
Old 01-05-12, 10:53 AM
socal72
Lead Lap

Coming along nicely bro! You've got to be bursting at the seams with anticipation man... I know I cant wait to see your final outcome keep the pics coming...
Old 01-05-12, 11:15 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

nice cant wait to see this build when done

what wheels are those btw that are currently on the car?
the 5-split-spoke
Old 01-05-12, 01:11 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UberNoob
nice cant wait to see this build when done

what wheels are those btw that are currently on the car?
the 5-split-spoke
The original wheels I had before the mods were one piece 20"x 8.5 VCT Soprano wheels. The ones one the car now are staggered three piece 20" Lsportline Model 2 wheels.

Quick Reply: 98 GS400 Mod Journal