Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

"Biturbo 2JZ swapped' Soarer Build Thread"

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-11, 06:51 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VINCE9164
Wow... the gauge location is just pure sex. Well executed on this build. Going to keep my eye on this one forsure!
Old 12-09-11, 08:08 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow love the gauge set up. totally stealth with the car off. if i were in ur position i would get a 2jz.
Old 12-09-11, 08:40 AM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Bro that hideaway gauge was a nice touch!
Old 12-09-11, 09:01 AM
kapetajr
Pole Position

IMO build the 1J, and make more of that gauge set up and sell it to your fellow soarer owners.
Old 12-09-11, 09:15 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As the others said, the gauges look fantastic.

That motor has definitely seen better days. It will probably cost tless to replace it with a fresh one then repair it.

I would leave the Work wheels the same color they are now. But if you want to paint them blue, it's your car

Keep up the good work. At least you have that Subi in the garage for a second car.
Old 12-09-11, 09:19 AM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This build is awesome. No fluff
Old 12-09-11, 09:20 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Find a 2JZ block and 1.5JZ you car.
Old 12-09-11, 09:22 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Find a 2JZ block and 1.5JZ you car.
^this,

I had simular issue with mine with low compression on my motor. my fix we getting the head built and putting a good 2jz bottom on. Not even upset about it!
Old 12-09-11, 09:24 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1.5 I also vote for. And best canadian thread evar!!!
Old 12-09-11, 09:47 AM
Nickmyo
Driver

sick car seen around at the overdose meet, i would like to know how the ksport coils are doing since i might buy a pair and also how you moved your harness cause mine looks abit more worse then yours lol but beautiful car non the less
Old 12-09-11, 09:56 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This car is pure sex....clean, I love how the interior is custom...you spent a lot of time I can c
Old 12-09-11, 10:26 AM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Thanks a lot for all your comments and compliments guys! I really appreciate it! It's flattering to know that I'm doing good work! And specially you seems all to love the gauge setup!:

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Hey Nick, is this your thread? LOL!
Who's nick? I'm Mathieu!

Originally Posted by ZGagnon
very nice.. im a fellow canadian soarer owner.. im near niagara falls
Hello back from Montreal, QC! At least you guys still can imported cars. We, quebec, can't anymore! So my car became rare.

Originally Posted by kapetajr
IMO build the 1J, and make more of that gauge set up and sell it to your fellow soarer owners.
For the 1JZ, i'm not done for this motor now.. but I do not have enough cash to rebuilt it + getting a new single turbo and everything around because I already have plan for this winter that I have to do first!

And for the hideaway gauge setup (love that way you said it AlphaMotor!) If someone came in to get one and is ready to buy the gauges and get a flat screw driver in them and pop away the warranty.. yeah I can redo one, even if that was a paint in the *** job loll!

Originally Posted by Tabaka
As the others said, the gauges look fantastic.

That motor has definitely seen better days. It will probably cost tless to replace it with a fresh one then repair it.

I would leave the Work wheels the same color they are now. But if you want to paint them blue, it's your car

Keep up the good work. At least you have that Subi in the garage for a second car.
For the engine you're just right! That's why i'm thinking 2JZ as finding one is pretty easy and would cost me around 1700$ with an auto transmission.. that I don't need, if someone interested in it!??

Originally Posted by Nickmyo
sick car seen around at the overdose meet, i would like to know how the ksport coils are doing since i might buy a pair and also how you moved your harness cause mine looks abit more worse then yours lol but beautiful car non the less
Those are awesome. I've buy them from CP Performance in carignan, with a supraquebec.com group buy. Cost me 1400$ in my hands If I can describe it, you don't lose confort (those car are like sofa!!), got 36 dampening ajustements, but on track, a the harder level, it's not enough hard for me... I'm maybe thinking getting harder coils for them. Not sure yet but I have a lot a fun with it, shake the car a lot and nothing broke!...Well... exept for both engines mounts.. loll

For the harness pm me if you talk french, I explain it to you, it's simple, but take times.

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
This car is pure sex....clean, I love how the interior is custom...you spent a lot of time I can c
Oh yess a lot! I'm very perfectionnist at my work so time worth it!

And.. a lot of you seem to talk about 1.5jz. I read about it.. but doesn't find the plus factor for me to get into this. It seem to be pretty much near a 2JZ! It's sure that finding a 2JZGE block only at low cost would let me think about it, but it lead into having the new turbo setup also and not enough bacon$$ for it.

For now, the lowest cash idea was to simply replace de 1JZ by another for around 1300$ and begin piece by piece, to rebuilt the other to be a monster. But when I found 2JZ for 1700$.. idea make me think about the availablity of the oem and aftermarket pieces, for that engine, that would release my headache at finding pieces for the 1JZ!

So the 2JZ option is in the way.. but maybe I will only find crappy engine with 6 differents cylinder compression result an think about the 1JZ mods....!

Hope I answer everyone I didn't expect so much reply in 12 hours!!
Old 12-09-11, 10:52 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

oh my god those gauges are sooo sick. cant get over them, beautiful car, and very nice work. but in your position i would 2j swap, just me though cant wait to see more!
Old 12-09-11, 11:34 AM
SoarerTim
Driver School Candidate

Very nice work on the interior. I would get a replacment 1jz engine if it was me.
I would be interested to know what you think caused your melted piston, kind of a rare deal on a stock motor!
Old 12-09-11, 12:13 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SoarerTim
Very nice work on the interior. I would get a replacment 1jz engine if it was me.
I would be interested to know what you think caused your melted piston, kind of a rare deal on a stock motor!
Why would you get a replacement 1JZ better than the 2JZ curiously?

And for the melted piston, possibly running lean at high speed, even if that wasn't during a long time. We think my o2 die and cause the lean. I never saw it on the wideband since my eyes and my mind were locked on the road. What a feeling!

When the car was tuned with the AEM FIC, the o2 give us weird numbers. The guys said me, an o2.. it work or broke.. not between! But your just act like a fool.

The car was running really great even on track, before that night of quick high speed test.

Last edited by biturbo632; 12-09-11 at 12:22 PM.

Quick Reply: "Biturbo 2JZ swapped' Soarer Build Thread"