Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

"Biturbo 2JZ swapped' Soarer Build Thread"

Old 03-15-14, 09:39 AM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm still having problems with uploading pictures as I can see them on my computer but not on my Ipad. I guest no one's comments may be cause by unshowing pictures?
Old 03-15-14, 10:14 AM
BoostinSc3
Driver School Candidate

its def art trade me lol
Old 03-15-14, 04:09 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Cant see them..
Old 03-18-14, 07:51 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Third times the charmed!? Please tell me you see those pictures!!
Old 03-23-14, 01:46 PM
Rwilson
Driver School Candidate

If you're talking about post 142-144 the pictures are there and Great job on your car. Your skill really Is exemplified in your car.
Old 03-26-14, 09:12 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Did you do anything special to get the rideskinz rear lip to install so nicely? I've seen another person have issues getting it flush around the license plate area, and I've held mine up temporarily and I think I'm going to have the same issue. Yours looks perfect around the license plate, how'd you do it?
Old 03-28-14, 04:56 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rwilson
If you're talking about post 142-144 the pictures are there and Great job on your car. Your skill really Is exemplified in your car.
Well many thanks! I really love to pay attention to details!! And thanks to finally being able to see those pictures ahah!

Originally Posted by Halon
Did you do anything special to get the rideskinz rear lip to install so nicely? I've seen another person have issues getting it flush around the license plate area, and I've held mine up temporarily and I think I'm going to have the same issue. Yours looks perfect around the license plate, how'd you do it?
Yep I do. I've made some test with mutiple company of 2way tapes (that didn't stick well because the lip didn't have a nice "french" with the body of the car and then I glued some plastic clip on the lip for litterally clipping it in the bumper. But I try and... to much force for the surface of the glued clip and it didn't hold that much. So I let myself think about it.

When the windsheild guy remove my quarters glasses he actually cutted all the metal bolts that was on both glasses (you know when you remove the trim Inside you got 4 bolts on each glass...)
Seeing them on the floor I flashed and flatten them a little bit a glued them to the lip.

It. hold. perfectly. So basically, my lip is "simply" bolt on the car.

I'm searching 2 or 4 mores for the sides right know. Two way tape just it's an option!
Old 03-28-14, 07:17 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Gotcha, so you more or less just glued a threaded stud to the lip, drilled a hole in the bumper that you put the stud through and tightened it up with a nut? I was actually considering riveting it or something because it does seem like the lip has to be mechanically attached, not just adhered with tape. But maybe will have to consider that. Do you have any pics? Thanks for the insight though, appreciate it!
Old 03-30-14, 04:42 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Halon
Gotcha, so you more or less just glued a threaded stud to the lip, drilled a hole in the bumper that you put the stud through and tightened it up with a nut? I was actually considering riveting it or something because it does seem like the lip has to be mechanically attached, not just adhered with tape. But maybe will have to consider that. Do you have any pics? Thanks for the insight though, appreciate it!
That's exactly what I've done! But no sorry I didn't took pictures at this time i think i was in a hurry for painting!
Old 04-02-14, 05:48 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

I can't wait!! Getting my car out of storage the April 15th!!! I'm gonna beat his *** this summer!
Old 04-02-14, 06:17 PM
mb93fd
Driver School Candidate

Wow, im speechless... This is an awesome thread, and an awesome car...
Old 04-02-14, 09:11 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mb93fd
Wow, im speechless... This is an awesome thread, and an awesome car...
Thanks a lot!
Old 04-08-14, 08:12 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! I'm really diggin your upgrades! Can we get a side shot? I'd like to see how everything lines up? No rush, just when you get a chance? thx,

steve
Old 04-09-14, 08:38 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

When you glued those studs to the lip, what kind of glue did you do? I'm looking at doing this in about a week and want to make sure I use an adhesive that is strong. So wondering what you used? Something like Liquid Nails? Hot glue gun?
Old 04-28-14, 05:17 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Ok guys.. I need help!

I'm having some horrible front inner tire wear. I have to stich them from side to side at like 5-6000 kms! My car is dropped and I drove I a lot during summer (10000km or more) and it's stored during winter. So it does cost me a lot on tire. I'm doing to raise the front a littlllee bit but I don't want to raise it to much as it would be ulgy to me. I've got my car aligned and it does have around 1.5 degrees of camber in the front.

At the point I am, the only way I think I can help my car with my front tire wear is with less bump steer. For example, the rear as approximatively the same camber setup as front, but tire last longer!

I've seen other member way much more dropped than me on CL and I've search for CL member that installed aftermarket Tie Rods like megan racing or Battle Version.

Does it Worth it? I seem like I can "drop" the tie rod end turning point on the knuckle like only half an inch! Is that enough?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Biturbo 2JZ swapped' Soarer Build Thread"