Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Subbed. Very nice build.
Old 03-26-12, 09:52 AM
vugoodoll
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is up close pic of the diamond plate for the FPR. I salvage whatever I can from this car as you noticed the old fitting is scrape as hell from previous owner.

3.5" cold side piping in progress....Look at that humongous square hole cut! I got a plan A in place to cover this up.

Old 03-26-12, 12:12 PM
cartmill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vugoodoll
That’s all I have for now. Feel free to let me know if you don’t like the way I mount the intercooler, PS reservoir and FPR or see flaws in my design…
do you have any rubber isolators on that steel plate that you mounted the FPR to? if not, you're going to get a lot of fuel pulses and noise from that FPR resonating through that big piece of steel.

i'm pretty sure that JB welded outlet nipple on your PS reservoir is going to leak.

i hate to say it man, but that bedliner just sprayed over all the brake lines and everything looks terrible. you could have at least taped off the abs pump! it would have looked okay if you stripped the bay first. you've done the redneck equivalent of mexican kids spray painting their engine bays gold.
Old 03-26-12, 12:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Nice Build ! Great to see people reviving all these dead SCs .
Old 03-26-12, 01:43 PM
xHypnofish
Driver

Looking much better than it was! keep up the good work. I didnt notice if you happened to mention the product you used to dye the carpet. Im looking at refreshing some old sparcos i have and the job you did looked pretty good.
Old 03-27-12, 09:07 AM
vugoodoll
Driver

Originally Posted by cartmill
do you have any rubber isolators on that steel plate that you mounted the FPR to? if not, you're going to get a lot of fuel pulses and noise from that FPR resonating through that big piece of steel.

Yup, i thought of that and I added a piece of dynomat underneath the FPR bracket.

i'm pretty sure that JB welded outlet nipple on your PS reservoir is going to leak.

Hopefully it doesn't leak...If it does it would not take long for the leaks to show up. I really want to welded the fitting on but fitting is copper and reservoir is aluminum. If leak, I have to search for similar fitting in alumnium and weld that on.

i hate to say it man, but that bedliner just sprayed over all the brake lines and everything looks terrible. you could have at least taped off the abs pump! it would have looked okay if you stripped the bay first. you've done the redneck equivalent of mexican kids spray painting their engine bays gold.
LOL. I really appreciate your honesty and I know exactly what you mean. I thought about stripping the bay but the based color is green and blend perfectly well with this paint if it happen to chip off. I tape off everything that I do not want to be painted and ABS and Brake line is not one of them. I like those to blend in with the bay...if you appreaciate art you know what I mean

Originally Posted by xHypnofish
Looking much better than it was! keep up the good work. I didnt notice if you happened to mention the product you used to dye the carpet. Im looking at refreshing some old sparcos i have and the job you did looked pretty good.
I know I mentioned SEM in my post but I was actually using Dupli-color fabric paint from Autozone/Oreilly. I tried to water base dye at first from hobby lobby but it turnout dark purple which is not bad for base coat then I use black fabric paint on top of it.
Old 03-27-12, 09:40 AM
vugoodoll
Driver

I just score this nice 97 front bumper on ebay. My goal is to have a complete 97 conversion.

Picture of the hot side intercooler piping. It's 2.5" stainless steel that I made from the unknown piping that was laying in my garage for years. I want to eliminate all the silicone coupler as much as I can. I did not do all the welding that you see in my build, I just do all the cuts and measurement and take it to the local welder to have it weld on. It cheaper and much more secure than the silicone coupler route as you know these silicone coupler is not cheap for a high quality one.

Last edited by vugoodoll; 03-27-12 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-27-12, 11:46 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

just FYI your not supposed to mount stacked plate oil coolers upside down like that with the openings facing towards the bottom. You run the risk of trapping air in the cooler, which could eventually send air bubbles through the lines/motor. Mounting it sideways or have the openings facing upwards is best.

very impressive job though!
Old 03-27-12, 12:52 PM
vugoodoll
Driver

Originally Posted by 93MSB
just FYI your not supposed to mount stacked plate oil coolers upside down like that with the openings facing towards the bottom. You run the risk of trapping air in the cooler, which could eventually send air bubbles through the lines/motor. Mounting it sideways or have the openings facing upwards is best.

very impressive job though!
Thanks for the info. I would never thought of mounting the oil cooler upside down sending air bubbles through the lines/motor. Now I'm thinking to revise it

Thanks again for pointing it out.
Old 03-27-12, 02:53 PM
ptahSC300
Rookie

nice on the 97 conversion idea haha i am going to do that to mine too, great work on ur car keep it going, cant wait to see the final result
Old 03-26-13, 08:02 AM
ScWift92
Intermediate

I Like The Progress Keep it Up Anything New?