Nice lookin whip
Old 12-01-11, 01:54 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by repugnante
was always curious.....

Nice lookin whip
thanks, its nothing really special....just IMHO how it should have come factory. i like simple and clean

BTW super awesome....just got word from fitment factory yesterday

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Hey bud,

I was contacted by the designer of the calendar letting me know that the images you provided were too low of a resolution. I've seen that you've been on a few mags so I'm sure you have the images in higher res. Can you get some from me? That's all we need to print them out.

Thanks
Gio
i let him know i havent actually been featured in any magazines and this is my fault. i fubared when i sent them to him...i realized it when i did it on my computer immediately after doing it (when i shrank down the files i reduced the resolution way to much making them unusable for higher resolution pics) so now i have to go retake photos but the weather here has been fairly nasty. snow a few days ago with temps in the mid 30's....not to mention i work 2 jobs and were busy due to the cold weather so i have to try and do this without taking off work. they working on the pyramid also so im hoping i can get my car back down their for the re-takes, if not i dunno what im gonna do.another bad thing is i now sold the rear spacers so im trying to borrow a set for a re-shoot but i dont think i will have any so now my car will look sunken in the rear

the good thing though i WILL have my stoptech BBK's installed this weekend along with some OEM rear black painted calipers to replace the red ones i wish i never did. so that will look better but

STILL havent gotten the other parts back from the powdercoater yet so they wont be installed yet either
Old 12-01-11, 02:18 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

If only your car was chosen for a winter month - snow shots!

Which makes me think that maybe the car's background should've pertained to it's month/season. Food for thought.

Last edited by ThomasGS4; 12-01-11 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-04-11, 02:29 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
If only your car was chosen for a winter month - snow shots!

Which makes me think that maybe the car's background should've pertained to it's month/season. Food for thought.
first post is updated with brakes installed....

well i guess than if i took pics today like i was trying to do they would put me in the may month for the may showers. its been raining all day

Last edited by sakataj; 04-03-12 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-04-11, 04:10 PM
Shinobiend
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you on spacers? Those Rays look more flush than what I' seen in person with those of similar suspension setups.
Old 12-04-11, 06:48 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Real clean Brian!
Old 12-05-11, 12:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinobiend
Are you on spacers? Those Rays look more flush than what I' seen in person with those of similar suspension setups.
go back and READ my itemized spec sheet

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Real clean Brian!
thanks kyle

ugh im never gonna get these pics done....been raingin since late sat and its supposed to rain till tuesday

Old 12-05-11, 11:54 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

finally time to post....i would like to first and foremost THANK tony AKA tmf2004. he knew i was looking for this part through the PM's we have exchanged over time, anyways one day i got a PM from him showing this part on ebay (which i do troll from time to time just not as much anymore since they have it blocked at work). well the guy was asking what it was being sold for new but since its been discontinued i knew it would be high but he had a make a offer button so i shot him a deliberate low ball expecting him to refuse it and come back to me with a rebuttal on a price. little to my surprise i got a email a few hours later saying he accepted it and i had purchased the item. i paid for it immediately....took a little while to get it from japan and then when i did i saw the surface rust on so i decided to strip it down and powder coated it to match my suspension pieces/brakes (which by now no one should be surprised about ) im gonna retouch up the decal again than it should be installed shortly after

introducing a part i searched for, for about 2 years

FRESH IN FROM JAPAN

REMOVED EMBLEM AND LIGHT RUST REMOVAL STARTED

THEN FULL PAINT/RUST STRIPPED

POWDERCOATED/LOGO REATTACHED

BTW i may or may not still be featured in that calendar lol, i just happened to see that their was a new post in this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post6863324

and someone was asking if they had shipped yet....

Originally Posted by Fitment Factory
Not yet. We're having a few issues with some of the images that were submitted. They're not to high res so once they get expanded to fit the 12x9 calendar size they don't look too great. We've contacted the members who need to resubmit the images. If we can't get anything by the end of the day we will have to choose other members to be a part since the whole delay with receiving images is taking too long.

Originally Posted by sakataj
so apparently im not the only one who had photo issues?

you and i have been in constant contact and im working with you but as i have said on several occasions since receiving that email last wed... i cant drop everything and run around town since i have 2 jobs not to mention i have given you a heads up 2 times a day showing you what the weather is like here. its POURING and has been all weekend since saturday and wont stop here till tues supposedly. ALSO BEFORE the rain this weekend we had snow this last week so every time i got the car cleaned up the weather turned on me. BTW not ONCE in any of your replies did you tell me if you couldn't get images by the end of day today you would just choose someone else.... i work during the week 8-5 than 6-11/12 m-f, im having to take two days off (tues & wed in case the weather is still bad tues im taking off wed also) so i can take care of this. if you need the images today, sorry i cannot get them to you so just let me know if you move on....
not mad but im waiting to hear back them but i may or may not be featured now
Old 12-05-11, 12:29 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Wth dude ever pic I see you with a part we see your feet....what the part blow your feet away?....lol nice love the powder coat
Old 12-05-11, 07:35 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Brian, glad everything worked out for you. The lower bar came out great along with the BBK install.. Those brakes look awesome behind the Rays...

Next pics should be the undercarriage so we can see all that powdercoat..
Old 12-06-11, 08:37 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neojungle1
Wth dude ever pic I see you with a part we see your feet....what the part blow your feet away?....lol nice love the powder coat
lol, my feet arent in that many pics...

below my feet is a OEM rear caliper i got from Lali (****-adkt) stripped/sanded/wired brushed them to the remove the rust and then semi glossed them to mount in the back till i get my rear BBK done to remove my painted red ones that were on their

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Brian, glad everything worked out for you. The lower bar came out great along with the BBK install.. Those brakes look awesome behind the Rays...

Next pics should be the undercarriage so we can see all that powdercoat..
thanks tony again for finding that for me. i got 2 other odd parts im looking for if you wanna help again?

im working on a new set of rims actually....or they kind of in the works. i have been trying to get a pic of the underneath but i cant get everything into the shot even with the car all the way up on the rack and me laying on my back under the car

BTW, LS motor/tranny mounts done

Old 12-06-11, 08:53 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

That'd be terrible if you weren't in the calendar.
Old 12-06-11, 09:56 AM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Oh boy brian are those hard rubber on the motor mount..omg if they are and you havint driving a car with this type of mounts your in for the feel of a life time....
Old 12-06-11, 01:44 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
That'd be terrible if you weren't in the calendar.
i know....it just may not be though. its started raining here AGAIN and since you and i were texting earlier you know im having issues with my OCV
(https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ve-filter.html)
and my car maybe down for the count temporarily. i'm gonna take the car by my mechanics so i can use his shop after work and pull them out and try and clean them although from the picture i dunno if they can really be cleaned on the gs430. knock on wood, i can get this fixed tonight....if not i will have to bow out i guess

Originally Posted by neojungle1
Oh boy brian are those hard rubber on the motor mount..omg if they are and you havint driving a car with this type of mounts your in for the feel of a life time....
they not hard rubber but i would say semi stiff rubber.....you know i dunno if anyone asked mike how his car rides with them. no i know how solid motor mounts feel, i had a YJ jeep with a 350 in it with solid motor mounts and 35's, a 82 vCJ-7 with 53" tires, solid motor mounts and a 240sx with solid motor mounts. i know how the ride is with those i dont think or hope these wont be anything like that...

Last edited by sakataj; 04-03-12 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 01:58 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

Subscribed.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My First Photoshoot....Probaby My First Time Exposing My GS