Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

LuxuryGS3 Stage 2: Beginning of the End

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-11, 11:56 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJNKY
I like the Muffs, hope to see your plans unfold for 2012. GL!
Thanks. I love the muffs also. Maybe i'll try and get a sound clip up soon for you guys to hear.

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looks good.. your sitting pretty low...
Thanks. I was running -3 Camber in the front and -4.5 in the rear. Megan EZ coils maxxed out in the rear.

Originally Posted by aristo123
Yeah boy! I'm stocking up on parts myself. Excited to start slapping all the parts on. Your gs is gonna be dope with those lxz's.
Thanks man! Yeah they're gonna hit nicely on the white.

Originally Posted by WLGS01
nice...looking forward to the new build.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID

Originally Posted by sakataj
im sure its just me but i like the old rims better than the new ones....what are the other plans besides turbo/exhaust/rims/interior?

did you order that part from dude btw? havent heard anything else about it from you
Honestly Brian if the Zone's were the correct lug pattern and more aggressive, I would have kept them, but since they were so weak and not to mention the wrong lug.. I just couldn't get them to work. Other than those plans though it's not to much more.. Maybe the second half of next year or beginning of May i'll upgrade all of my suspension parts to FIGS and start looking into an Admiration Kit, then for the later part of the year I may go air.

Overall everything else is simple.. I have new tint coming in courtesy of James (VipdOut), I still need a push to start system, repaint a few panels, and just a few other small mods.. Nothing to crazy after the LXZ's, Turbo, Kit, and Air. The rest will just be small additions to complete the car.

And yes I did send him the money and he sent me a shipping number last night, thanks again bro. I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by L3XOTIC
I love those wheels on the GS. Well done sir, my hats tipped to you
Thanks. I appreciate the love.
Old 11-08-11, 12:31 PM
AristoKing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice GS are you going to keep it the same color or re-painted another color?
Old 11-08-11, 12:52 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like where this is going. im sure the weds are gonna look nice on your car.
Old 11-08-11, 02:13 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LuxuryGS3
Nothing to crazy after the LXZ's, Turbo, Kit, and Air. The rest will just be small additions to complete the car.
i didnt know you were going air....i want to so badly man. i hate the streets in this city

And yes I did send him the money and he sent me a shipping number last night, thanks again bro. I really appreciate it.
welcome, always happy to help
Old 11-08-11, 06:00 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AristoKing
Very nice GS are you going to keep it the same color or re-painted another color?
I'm going to keep it the same color. The front bumper is trash and my hood has so many imperfections on it it's not even funny, so i'm going to get those repainted along with the rear bumper and my trunk since I took off the wing and it has holes in it.

Originally Posted by Lextasy671
i like where this is going. im sure the weds are gonna look nice on your car.
I'm hoping so.

i didnt know you were going air....i want to so badly man. i hate the streets in this city
Well it's a future plan for the second part of 2012 if everything goes smooth and my money is looking right. The only reason I plan on doing it is because we have a customs shop right down the street from me that specializes in coilovers, body work, paint etc.. And they will install and supply everything for $3k with a 5 year warranty on it all. For a deal like that it's kind of hard to beat. Plus it will make daily driving a hell of a lot easier, lol. Roads in Texas aren't all that either.
Old 11-08-11, 11:11 PM
importhope
Lead Lap

Big plans, I will definitly be checking back in on your build... you only want enough power to match a GS4? Are you afraid the tranny and motor won't be reliable if you get to 400hp?
Old 11-09-11, 05:40 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by importhope
Big plans, I will definitly be checking back in on your build... you only want enough power to match a GS4? Are you afraid the tranny and motor won't be reliable if you get to 400hp?
Nah that's not it at all. The reason i'm not going for more is because i'm 19 and this is my only car and my daily. I need it through the summer and if I push to much power i'll have problems during the summer with this Texas heat.

Originally I had planned to just use my OBX headers and an SRT Intake for performance and call it a day, but then my friend told me that if i'm going to spend $600 on an intake then I could do a small NA-T turbo for under $2k and push around 300-310 and have no problems during the summertime with overheating etc..

Plus I wanna make that cool whistle sound.
Old 11-09-11, 08:27 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

but then my friend told me that if i'm going to spend $600 on an intake then I could do a small NA-T turbo for under $2k and push around 300-310 and have no problems during the summertime with overheating etc..
Make sure you know what you are getting into and that this friend has experience with this car. Also, make sure it is a robust setup vs. one just slapped together (unless you are OK with it). Although all that sounds nice in theory, I would file it under "famous last words". Unless you are very well versed in this car and plan to do ALL the work yourself, these things tend to balloon in scope as you build. Make sure you have extra funds to cover all that.

Good luck.
Old 11-09-11, 08:36 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Well it's a future plan for the second part of 2012 if everything goes smooth and my money is looking right. The only reason I plan on doing it is because we have a customs shop right down the street from me that specializes in coilovers, body work, paint etc.. And they will install and supply everything for $3k with a 5 year warranty on it all. For a deal like that it's kind of hard to beat. Plus it will make daily driving a hell of a lot easier, lol. Roads in Texas aren't all that either.
so they doing air? (what kind?) body work (what exactly?) and paint (on how much of the car? all for 3k....sorry daniel i would be skeptical of their work if its this cheap. a proper air setup can cost more than 3k yet along paint and body work even if you getting a friend hook up

btw find out what the warranty covers....i have a lifetime paint warranty but they giving me grief about the stress cracks on my freshly painted bumper already
Old 11-09-11, 08:55 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

very nice... and better yet even nicer wheels
Old 11-09-11, 08:57 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Make sure you know what you are getting into and that this friend has experience with this car. Also, make sure it is a robust setup vs. one just slapped together (unless you are OK with it). Although all that sounds nice in theory, I would file it under "famous last words". Unless you are very well versed in this car and plan to do ALL the work yourself, these things tend to balloon in scope as you build. Make sure you have extra funds to cover all that.

Good luck.
Definitely advice to heed. Can't wait to see the unveiling.
Old 11-09-11, 10:52 AM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

we need a fast forward button so 2012 get get here already!!! i wanna see this!
Old 11-09-11, 08:41 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo

Good luck.
All of the work will be done by myself and my friend. He has done engine swaps before and turbos so I have 100% faith in him and what he has to offer to me when it comes to advice and ideas on what I could do.

Thank you for the enlightenment though, I do hear you on that 'balloon' effect you're talking about. These parts will be coming in as my income does, so it'll take time. No rush to get it all done to be honest, haha. I'm not going to be putting the car back together until late February at the earliest.

so they doing air? (what kind?) body work (what exactly?) and paint (on how much of the car? all for 3k....sorry daniel i would be skeptical of their work if its this cheap. a proper air setup can cost more than 3k yet along paint and body work even if you getting a friend hook up

btw find out what the warranty covers....i have a lifetime paint warranty but they giving me grief about the stress cracks on my freshly painted bumper already
No no no Brian, haha. I was stating that they specialize in ALL of those areas. They are only doing Air Part/Install for 3k.. ONLY the air part. I had asked them before what their prices are for painting and they quoted me JUST for my hood to be repainted like $300-400..

I will make sure to ask what it covers though when time comes for the air setup. Just keep beating at them Brian, you'll get your way.

Originally Posted by Ay-nako
very nice... and better yet even nicer wheels
Thanks! I always really appreciate positive feedback from an OG.

Originally Posted by veritek
Definitely advice to heed. Can't wait to see the unveiling.
Me either, i'm very excited. For this being my first car and only having it for over a year I think i'm doing very well when it comes to mods and the direction that i'm taking.

Originally Posted by monkey92
we need a fast forward button so 2012 get get here already!!! i wanna see this!
You and me both, how do you think I feel Carlos, haha.
Old 11-09-11, 10:30 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hit me up if you need any help...
Old 11-10-11, 08:47 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

good to meet you at in Dallas man. Have fun with your project.

Quick Reply: LuxuryGS3 Stage 2: Beginning of the End