Just over a year ago i was looking for daily driver.
Scouring the craigslist ads in orlando. I came across this particular type here
I got a extremely good deal on her so I scooped her up for a unspeakable price.
1998 Black on Tan, lowered on Espilr Springs, 19" Falken RIms, JIC Exhaust with 160 K Miles.
Needed a battery, four tires all around, a radio, and a brake job.
I was also picking up spare parts before i bought her which included a new timing belt and water pump.
So here is the car when i first bought it. I drove up to Orlando to look at the car, bought it and left it at my freinds house while i came back to Miami to sort out the insurance, registration, etc....I picked it back up two weeks later.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Okay so the gloves are coming off.
New Spark Plugs, Spark Plug WIres, Mainfold Gasket. Just said oto hel with it and get it done.
So the ride totally sucked in the car.
I bought the car with Espelir Springs and stock shocks. The ride was real bad.
I didnt know the control arms went bad in these cars, so the first thing i did was buy the Megan EZ Street Coilovers. Here me and my freind Joe spent two hours putting them in.
I put them on the car and wasnt happy at what i saw,
I was told the fit would be perfect. I liked the rims a lot......
Maybe but im not going through a new set of tires every 8 months so i sold them locally.
I also want to do a big brake upgrade. With these rims i confirmed even at 9.5" w up front, it's not possible. You would need a 3" spacer to clear front supra brakes. So back to the wheels that came with the car.
Okay so prob the biggest mod that occurred last week (and unexpectedly) was a interior conversion
Original car had tan interior and believe it or not, for the car at 160K miles, the interior was not bad at all.
Anyways my friend calls me up and says "hey I''m selling my SC, i know you're keeping yours. I'll swap you my black interior!" Nice friend.
His justification was that he wasn't going to get a whole lot more, with a black interior and he needed to sell quickly.
So me and Joe brought both cars to the house and begun the swap........
I recently did a carfax bc i was curious.
There are some dings and dents on the car, but i cant find any evidence of bodywork.
I took it to my neighbor who believes this car was never in a accident.
I took it to a body shop at random and had them look at the car.No work done to the car.
Other than the clearcoat issue on hood and scrapes on the front bumper. It looks great
So then i became more suspicious and pulled a carfax. Nothing on it.
As a matter of fact the original owner owned it to 150K miles and sold it to the kid i bought it from who had it for 10K miles.
Ive had friends buy these cars at auctions for more dough than what i paid
I'm really happy with the car. For a daily it's great. Even the most stuck up, pointy nosed b*tches actually like this car. And trust me i take a lot of them around.
So the future plans at this point......
1. Must do control arms, have the front lowers from Carson Toyota. Looking for a set of uppers.
Don't have a press, so i would rather get OEMs with a new bushing pressed in. Nothing wrong with Stock.
2. Have a a Pioneer AVIC head unit ready to go in this car with 4 pioneer speakers. Have to get a amp.
3. I have money put away to buy a 2JZGTE motor, with money left over for the necessities.(Intercooler, Injector, wIring harness, radiator, downpipe, driveshaft)
4. I would like to get a V160 tranny which may coincide with Xmas Bonus. But i still want to see how the JDM Market changes after the fall out from the tsunami this year.
5. I may go with 1JZVVTI with R154 combo which i have the money to do. Still want to wait till i have more $$$$ in the bank.
6. Supra Front Brakes.
7. New Paint Job. My neighbor can do that. He did my other cars which came out flawless.
8. New Perforated Leather Interior. I'm partial to that Rawlings Hides that Katzkins sells. I want the baseball look for my SC. Of course im probably a year away from that.
oh yeah and i love the Varrs, but what was the problem with them?
I like the look, but stretching my tires wouldnt be freindly on the wallet. I have two other cars where tires are expensive and im just not going to go that route with this car. For now its my daily which means i want somehing practical. I miss those varrs, but i was disappointed when i mounted them on my freinds TT Supra and they wouldnt clear the fronts.