Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Old 10-23-14, 10:01 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Matt sent me some one new picture of my old SC. Wanted to share what he has done. He did remove the front seats with racing ones, removed the shifter **** with another, new 19 inch Volks, and put on a very nice ground kit.

Old 10-23-14, 10:31 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good.....do you regret selling it?

You should tell Matt.....to join the forum...keep us updated on the car
Old 10-23-14, 10:51 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Looks good.....do you regret selling it?

You should tell Matt.....to join the forum...keep us updated on the car
Oh no. I never looked back. Do I miss boost from time to time, the answer is yes. Overall, it went to very good hands. He says next on the list is a retune. He doesn't have time to get on the forums. I told him the same thing.
Old 10-23-14, 04:44 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, you're old SC is looking good! I'm glad it went to a home/owner that's going to take care of her! All your hard work didn't go to waste!

steve
Old 10-24-14, 09:20 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I didn't know you sold the sc.. I thought you just grabbed another one..
Oh well what's the plan is this one staying stock or are you going to do it right this time and go NA-t
Old 01-03-15, 04:58 PM
Track5tar
Pit Crew

bump for one of my favorite threads!
Old 02-20-15, 06:04 AM
deputy865
Driver

I know you sold the car...

Was curious though.

What stopped you from making more power with the setup? I only ask because I will have a nearly identical build, except I will be running E85 and 272 cams (cam gears as well, but I don't think that matters) as well as some 2000cc injectors to support the buckets of E85 being forced in...

As each day passes, I get closer and closer to strapping my car to the dyno.... Trying to set myself up with a realistic expectation so I'm not disappointed with my results.

Thanks!

Shane
Old 02-20-15, 06:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Ah yes..... This question has risen again.

The answer is simple.......RELIABILITY

My original goal was anything over 500rwhp. I researched and made several phone calls to many members trying to assure myself that I did just that. When I purchased the turbo, I did not know which one for sure that I wanted to go with. I came across, what I thought was a good deal, on the S366, at which I purchased. I did not know just how laggy it was going to be unitl all the final adjsutments were made from the tuner. Quick made the reply assurance that this would be just fine, with the help of the BC 264's.

The other answer to your question, is that I simply ran out of fuel. It doesnt matter what injectors or lines you have, if you dont have the volume or pressure to support it, it is overkill. JMO. I only used one single TT pump for fuel supply. I could have built a custom bracket to support two of them internal, but I did not want to push my car.

Did I eventually want more, yes. I came a custom to the power and like everyone else, I wanted more power. i continued to drive my car on a daily basis. I had replaced everything on the car, that I could think of. I eventually become very bored with it, and decided it was time to cut loss and to move on to something else.

I emailed the new owner, Matt, just the other day. He works on an oil drilling site, which I figured he was busy. I have not recevied any reply back from him as of today. He has purcahsed and painted a Shine Body Kit, new shift ****, new front seats, and chnaged out the TT chrome wheels to Volk's 19's.

If you end up with the adequate pumps, I see no reason why you couldnt reach 600rwhp plus. E85 burns so much cooler, but yet, it requires more volume.

What size lines of feed and return are you using?? I used -6 for feed and kept the stock return, just to reach my current goals. Any work done to the head? Lastly, which valves are you using?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 02-20-15, 07:38 AM
deputy865
Driver

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Ah yes..... This question has risen again.

The answer is simple.......RELIABILITY

My original goal was anything over 500rwhp. I researched and made several phone calls to many members trying to assure myself that I did just that. When I purchased the turbo, I did not know which one for sure that I wanted to go with. I came across, what I thought was a good deal, on the S366, at which I purchased. I did not know just how laggy it was going to be unitl all the final adjsutments were made from the tuner. Quick made the reply assurance that this would be just fine, with the help of the BC 264's.

The other answer to your question, is that I simply ran out of fuel. It doesnt matter what injectors or lines you have, if you dont have the volume or pressure to support it, it is overkill. JMO. I only used one single TT pump for fuel supply. I could have built a custom bracket to support two of them internal, but I did not want to push my car.

Did I eventually want more, yes. I came a custom to the power and like everyone else, I wanted more power. i continued to drive my car on a daily basis. I had replaced everything on the car, that I could think of. I eventually become very bored with it, and decided it was time to cut loss and to move on to something else.

I emailed the new owner, Matt, just the other day. He works on an oil drilling site, which I figured he was busy. I have not recevied any reply back from him as of today. He has purcahsed and painted a Shine Body Kit, new shift ****, new front seats, and chnaged out the TT chrome wheels to Volk's 19's.

If you end up with the adequate pumps, I see no reason why you couldnt reach 600rwhp plus. E85 burns so much cooler, but yet, it requires more volume.

What size lines of feed and return are you using?? I used -6 for feed and kept the stock return, just to reach my current goals. Any work done to the head? Lastly, which valves are you using?

Thanks,

Mark
Thanks for the quick reply.

Your reliability comment has me worried now lol

Did you find the turbo to be too laggy or did those cams help out quite a bit?

Fuel system: FID 2000cc Injectors, FID duel 340lph pumps, -8 feed, -6 return, Aeromotive FPR.

Head work: BC 272's, BC Cam gears, BC Spring/Steel Retainer Kit.. Of course the engine will be degreed as well as a mild port/polish.

My goal was to see 700 while hopefully maintaining some degree of reliability. All will be tuned professionally on an AEM V2.

The only difference with my turbo is that I opt'd in for the billet wheel and I went from 3" to a 4" downpipe. Hope some of this info helps!

Shane
Old 02-20-15, 01:58 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Shane,

Unfortunately, I never road in another SC to dictate on whether this turbo was laggy or not. I did ride in one local SC, but his car did not seem very fast to me at all. I was expecting a lot more power in terms of the mods he had done. His SC was slapped together and was rushed. Might be the leading cause. It done run, smooth idle, built boost, but was not impressive with the torque and power I was expecting. He also had the stock W58 as well. I knew that was not the route I wanted. I always thought bigger was better. His SC had no cams,etc. Stock fuel pump, etc, from what I can remember.

I only bought the cams, based on Quick's recommendation.

With your current setup, IMO, you should have no issues with obtaining the 600 plus RWHP.

There has been many people who have successfully held down 700 rwhp, but how you drive it all the time, depends on the reliability. JMO. If you beat on it all the time, and I mean all the time, it will eventually go, but this was not something that I wanted to spend 10K plus on, and it only last a few months. I didn't see it, plus I didn't have unlimited amount of $$$ to spend either. I only make this assumption based on a stock bottom end and a stock head gasket. I didn't want to play the guessing game. I wanted something I could drive across country, use 93 octane, and without any worries.

With any modding in the car business, anything with mega HP, has the potential to add undo broken parts and down time. Power also equals down time.

The biggest question is.... Are you willing to push it, and then have the time, $$$, and effort to pull it all out and start over??????

This is why I chose the 500rwhp. This would outrun almost anything I came into contact with on the streets in my area. I knew what I had and its potential. You will pick and choose your battles. Anything over 600, you will be begging for a R154 or more, plus a MKIV rear end and a better tire setup. If you make 800 and cant put it to the ground, then you might as well have 400. Get my point???

The V2 is a great machine for tuning. It is super flexible and has a lot of potential. I am no tuner, but all I have read is great reviews with positive feedback from customers.

I hope you exceed your expectations in the SC world and it lasts a ling time. On a daily driver, I controlled the boost with my gas pedal. There was no low boost.....
Old 02-22-15, 03:27 PM
deputy865
Driver

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Shane,

Unfortunately, I never road in another SC to dictate on whether this turbo was laggy or not. I did ride in one local SC, but his car did not seem very fast to me at all. I was expecting a lot more power in terms of the mods he had done. His SC was slapped together and was rushed. Might be the leading cause. It done run, smooth idle, built boost, but was not impressive with the torque and power I was expecting. He also had the stock W58 as well. I knew that was not the route I wanted. I always thought bigger was better. His SC had no cams,etc. Stock fuel pump, etc, from what I can remember.

I only bought the cams, based on Quick's recommendation.

With your current setup, IMO, you should have no issues with obtaining the 600 plus RWHP.

There has been many people who have successfully held down 700 rwhp, but how you drive it all the time, depends on the reliability. JMO. If you beat on it all the time, and I mean all the time, it will eventually go, but this was not something that I wanted to spend 10K plus on, and it only last a few months. I didn't see it, plus I didn't have unlimited amount of $$$ to spend either. I only make this assumption based on a stock bottom end and a stock head gasket. I didn't want to play the guessing game. I wanted something I could drive across country, use 93 octane, and without any worries.

With any modding in the car business, anything with mega HP, has the potential to add undo broken parts and down time. Power also equals down time.

The biggest question is.... Are you willing to push it, and then have the time, $$$, and effort to pull it all out and start over??????

This is why I chose the 500rwhp. This would outrun almost anything I came into contact with on the streets in my area. I knew what I had and its potential. You will pick and choose your battles. Anything over 600, you will be begging for a R154 or more, plus a MKIV rear end and a better tire setup. If you make 800 and cant put it to the ground, then you might as well have 400. Get my point???

The V2 is a great machine for tuning. It is super flexible and has a lot of potential. I am no tuner, but all I have read is great reviews with positive feedback from customers.

I hope you exceed your expectations in the SC world and it lasts a ling time. On a daily driver, I controlled the boost with my gas pedal. There was no low boost.....
Really appreciate the personal responses! I'm very nervous about the "Big Day" (dyno day) and I want alllll of my bases covered; even the emotional ones lol

I rarely beat on my car as it is, so I see it being built up making it no difference in that. Plus this car isn't my DD. I'll probably be very cautious with it and ease my way in to getting used to the power before I start "beating" on it. Hopefully I'll tie up any loose ends that arise between those two times. However, this car is also something I want to be able to drive 6 hours straight with no issues.... Probably never will, but I want that reliability to be there.

I'm not trying to put a number in my head about the power I will make, but I've had my guesses. Trans I will be using is the CD009, so I should be set. Clutch came with the Collins kit, but it's the "Stage 5" (800 ft/lb) clutch. I've seen a few friends destroy their drive shafts on their new set ups, so I'm going to make sure I get that covered and have a driveshaft loop.

I've got a good group of people supporting me with my build... However I'm trying to learn all I can about owning and caring for a high HP car.... The kind of stuff you don't really know until you own one. I've got major stuff covered: new head gasket, timing kit, water pump, head studs, etc..

Biggest concern is a failure on the dyno or a disappointment with performance.
Old 02-22-15, 04:23 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I think you have the basis covered. With you doing the above on the motor itself, you should be set. Be conservative at first on the dyno, then increase the timing increments at a time, until you think you are very satisfied. I would rather be 80 HP less and it be super reliable than trying to make more power and risk breaking something. JMO.

The tranny should do you just fine. If you decide to get a custom drive shaft, I would be concerned with it having balanced issues. I heard several issues with them. It is hard to get them really true and straight. I wish you luck with your build. I think you will very satisfied with the results. Post up your findings and results when you get them. Videos on here are welcome also.