Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 09:52 PM
suprahero
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really should get me a side job so I can fix my car up. I'm way behind all of you horsepower junkies. Maybe I should go ahead and remove my 1.5jz from my supra and put it in my SC........................decisions decisions.

Congrats on the install and write up Mark. I've bookmarked this page for later use.................once I get my power ball tickets..........lol
Old 05-21-13, 09:55 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You know I would help you do that. There is plenty of pictures in this thread to help refresh my memory.
Old 06-29-13, 03:55 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Update:

Changed the coils out, new plugs, redone the new exhaust manifold flange, rewrapped everything with new DEI exhaust wrap, pulled the tranny and replaced the rear main seal. No leaks so far, and all is good.....until the tranny started to leak around the outer output shaft seal. Put in a new one and no more leaks.
Old 06-29-13, 04:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

What's the next upgrade buddy ? Flex fuel ? You probably will dip into the 600s.. The other car I tuned today on AEM v2 made a tad higher than 700 on E85 also. Let's get err done !
Old 06-29-13, 04:24 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I have really thought about doing it. I have another tt pump and I could use my existing -6 feed for return and all I would need to do is buy some fittings and the -8 lines for feed. I dont think nothing hard. I am just wondering on the retune and finding e85. I would trigger the second tt pump while in high boost. The current injectors would supply a bit more according to the last tuner, but not much. They are 800cc's. Would you come up and help me Jerry to make the fuel pump hanger and runs the lines? After your tuning skills, I would trust you. Just let me know buddy. Could always use a hand. Would love to be in the 600's. Maybe 622... or 650. On high boost and 500 on low boost. On E85.
Old 06-29-13, 04:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I would get higher injectors buddy . those 800 cc will barely make it to the 600 on E85. You don't want to get lean on higher boost. Also I would get a flex fuel sensor. That is the reason I am not tuning my Red Mamba till the new AEM v2 firmware comes out. Otherwise ,you will have to change map every time you change between E85 and 93.... nah.. I wouldn't do that if I were you. With the sensor , you won't have to worry if you have E85 or not around your area. Your ECU adjusts on the fly depending on the fuel you have in your tank ! And the upcoming AEM v2 firmware has better engine protection strategies with its failsafes on the software.

And if I come to your place .. I will teach you whatever I learned . My tuning lessons aren't done yet. I would continue to go there every saturday and my teacher will let me tune cars. I am waiting for a car with Haltech so I learn on that ECU also. ProEFI he said , he never tuned any so I would have to learn the ins and outs of that ECU by myself in my Supra.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-13 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-29-13, 04:47 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Flex fuel sensor I will have to buy. I have been checking out the ID 1000 injectors. They are great for the price of them. I had a chance to buy some good used ones but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I regret it.

How much for the sensor, and how is it wired? Through the AEM?
Old 06-29-13, 05:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Go GMparts website , if they are available, that is the cheapest place to buy them around $70 I believe . One on ebay is selling them for $85. You just have to buy the socket and clips. Another website , will check it out for you , is selling those .

Another two sensors I would suggest you would need to get is an oil pressure and fuel pressure sensor if you don't have them yet. They will help you save your engine by just monitoring the fuel or oil pressure in the system. That is one reason waiting for the new firmware for AEM v2 will be better. I had a peek on it today but it was a beta version. We were experimenting on it.

Wiring the flex fuel , oil and fuel pressure sensors is easy... just like any sensor , they will have the ground, 5v supply and signal. The ground and 5v can be tapped from same source as other sensors. The signal wires we will have to direct them to the pin numbers on the AEM ECU where it expects those signals.

Is your current Denso pump controlled by your AEM ECU ? By the way, if you haven't , install the AEM v2 software on your laptop. I will start helping you out learn your way around . AEM is easy compared to Haltech and proEFI.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-29-13 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 07:01 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

It is indeed controlled by the AEM by ground. I have had the AEM software downloaded but all of my laptops are Windows 8. The software are incompatible with each other. There is supposed to be an upgrade for the Windows 8 but no one is talking of the date. Right now my hands are tide for adjusting anything. I really need to richen the throttle when my foot is barely on the gas. The wideband is showing 15.8 and up till I step a little further on it. The car actually jerks a little due to being lean at the amount of throttle. Just needs a tweaking.
Old 07-02-13, 07:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Call me when you have your AEM software working on your laptop. You can either increase a bit the pulse width on some areas of the fuel map where you want it richer but that may affect some maps. If the changes needed are slight, you can let the O2 Feeback target map take care of it too. At what RPM do you have that 15.8 AFR ? Is that at idle ?
Old 07-03-13, 07:49 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Jerry there is no certain RPM that this surging is occurring. It is anytime, any gear, that my foot is barely on the gas, and most of the time while cruising the wideband is showing ---. I will eventually get the Windows 7 on something and call you. I cant find a good copy of it on the Torrentz website to be configured on my Laptop. I hate Windows 8.

I also noticed today that when I had the AC on, the car is starting to die again when the clutch is engaged. Starting to royally **** me off again. Runs fine w/o ac on, but while cruising on/off it still reads --- most of the time on the wideband. I really need this car tuned by a professional. Its like the AEM just went to limp mode and lost all of the previous settings. I am so tired of this. Just want it to run smooth and not die with the AC on.

I believe you could help me over the phone tweak this a little bit. If I only had Windows 7 on my laptop.
Old 07-04-13, 05:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Since your surging is across any RPM and any gear , then in my opinion it is a component providing input to the system that is causing the erratic behaviour. Check your O2 sensor / wideband gauge.. How old is that sensor ? If it is not providing the right numbers to your ECU, it will definitely mess up your tune and the way your car runs. When the O2 feedback control is on ,the ECU adjusts the fuel to get the desired AFR written on your O2 Feedback target map. But that will never be achieved if the values coming from the O2 sensor are out of whack.

Getting that "---" on your gauge can also be a sign that the gauge is not getting readable / good values from your O2 sensor.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-04-13 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-04-13, 06:18 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

The sensor is only a month old. I thought the same thing and I kept the old sensor. Its like the car lost all the adjustments the local tuner had made. The AEM gauge is one only a year old and is digital.
Old 07-05-13, 06:32 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spent pretty much all afternoon reading through your build man and great attention to detail. You've built an amazing car. And its threads like these with so much information and detail that reminds me why I dont have to post questions very often. Thanks again man and good luck on your next steps.
Old 07-05-13, 07:16 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I appreciate the positive comments and the compliments on my build. If you have any questionsjust post up or PM me.

Quick Reply: 1992Lexus.. Complete build thread with pictures and links!